Got real quiet in here

stratvox

It happens periodically.  When a new episode is released there is great interest in TLD.  Once people have played that out interest dwindles.  Superimposed upon that are seasonal factors. In winter people are stuck in the house and playing a game on the computer is an ideal activity.  In fine weather people have many outdoor activity options so computer games are of lesser interest.

I suspect that if HTL brought out updates, bug fixes, every three months that they would increase interest, activity and sales.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 2

The latest Dev Diary is on its way. It contains a lot of valuable information. We are finalizing a couple of details, and we will share it as soon as we can (we're currently estimating around a week from now). 

Thank you again for your patience! 

• Upvote 6

Guest jeffpeng
10 hours ago, Leeanda said:

And how many are hoping for something like darkwalker again this Halloween..   

Oh I would love some event. That has become like a tradition. Although, for me personally, the Darkwalker was a bit too stressful 😅

8 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Oh I would love some event. That has become like a tradition. Although, for me personally, the Darkwalker was a bit too stressful 😅

I only played that for five minutes.,stood in the dam and waited for him..took quite a while surprisingly 🙂

.   I would like to try the others though.i got the game just after 4don etc so missed  out on them. 

Guest jeffpeng
6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I only played that for five minutes.,stood in the dam and waited for him..took quite a while surprisingly 🙂

.   I would like to try the others though.i got the game just after 4don etc so missed  out on them. 

I liked 4DON a lot. Especially day 3. Use days one and two to gear up, and then go all out bananas on night 3 having a nice deathmatch with the local wolf population.

16 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

I liked 4DON a lot. Especially day 3. Use days one and two to gear up, and then go all out bananas on night 3 having a nice deathmatch with the local wolf population.

Sounds like my mauling run😁.     Might have to check the streams ,see if anyone posted it.   

I do vaguely remember something about pumpkin pies ?  Was that part of the same thing or something else?

On 10/6/2022 at 10:54 PM, stratvox said:

I think everybody's waiting for the new Dev Diary to drop.

I tried to fill the gap with a speculation thread, based on what they have given to us (mainly the picture from April's Dev Diary). But nobody wanted to join in, so yeah. I planned to make another thread about what will perhaps come in future DLCs and maybe in TLD2, but because of the poor response before, i didn't. So yeah it's quiet here which is sad, but... doesn't seem to be a problem for many. They will respond to the Dev Diary for sure

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I've pushed on HL to bring 4DON to the Time Capsules, but no luck.

17 hours ago, Leeanda said:

That's a shame..wonder why though? .it certainly seems popular enough .  

If I were to guess, it's because 4 DON was a timed event, that lasted for 4 days. It would probably not work properly for the rest of the year (or maybe even for all time, except those 4 exact days). Of course, Hinterland could fix this, but I hope they have something better to do, than creating a new version of the game only to archive it immediately.

PS: Fun fact, I still have a save file from the Darkwalker timed event in my "challenges" section. Unfortunately, the Darkwalker is nowhere to be found.image.thumb.png.23b59c3a2eaa8182ac6ceb592c6b8503.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghurcb said:

If I were to guess, it's because 4 DON was a timed event, that lasted for 4 days. It would probably not work properly for the rest of the year (or maybe even for all time, except those 4 exact days). Of course, Hinterland could fix this, but I hope they have something better to do, than creating a new version of the game only to archive it immediately.

PS: Fun fact, I still have a save file from the Darkwalker timed event in my "challenges" section. Unfortunately, the Darkwalker is nowhere to be found.image.thumb.png.23b59c3a2eaa8182ac6ceb592c6b8503.png

I get that  but surely it could just be done once every year.. update it in then remove  it after.  Even though I appreciate it would mean some extra work. 

On 10/7/2022 at 2:49 PM, Admin said:

The latest Dev Diary is on its way. It contains a lot of valuable information. We are finalizing a couple of details, and we will share it as soon as we can (we're currently estimating around a week from now). 

Thank you again for your patience! 

Everyone..."DEV DIARY, DEV DIARY, DEV DIARY!!

Looking forward to it!!!!