I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

Day 47 . Managed to get mauled ,twice.  Took no clothes damage or needed  any medicine! This time I was carrying a lit torch again but tried to approach more from the side but couldn't really get that far round.  It seems that if you approach from behind the chances of being mauled are almost guaranteed!   

I should have been attacked a third time but the wolf got stuck on a snow mound on the edge of the broken bridge. So I put him out of his misery. I left him dangling half off the edge looking very odd! 😁 

I decided to leave broken  railroad after making some arrowheads cos most of the wolves there were now dead or dying anyway.  Just made it to forlorn before the blizzard hit!  I'm now holed up in the cave in the north east  ,heading back to PV so I can craft some arrows and put the revolver away , it's a dead weight for me anyway!  Will also make the moose sack and check round the farm area for wolves! And the big barn has yet to be explored!  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Day 47 . Managed to get mauled ,twice.  Took no clothes damage or needed  any medicine! This time I was carrying a lit torch again but tried to approach more from the side but couldn't really get that far round.  It seems that if you approach from behind the chances of being mauled are almost guaranteed!   

I should have been attacked a third time but the wolf got stuck on a snow mound on the edge of the broken bridge. So I put him out of his misery. I left him dangling half off the edge looking very odd! 😁 

I decided to leave broken  railroad after making some arrowheads cos most of the wolves there were now dead or dying anyway.  Just made it to forlorn before the blizzard hit!  I'm now holed up in the cave in the north east  ,heading back to PV so I can craft some arrows and put the revolver away , it's a dead weight for me anyway!  Will also make the moose sack and check round the farm area for wolves! And the big barn has yet to be explored!  

My... twice in one day.  You're getting good at this.

Clothing damage and struggle damage are separate sliders in the custom menu.  They are set higher in Stalker and higher again in Interloper than they are in Pilgrim.  In custom, you can set the clothing damage to "none" although I have noted that clothing damage does still occur on occasion despite that setting.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

@twyn1 Full respect to anyone doing challenges, they're very tough and very stressful. Also really rewarding. I agree that you have to adopt a different mindset. Sounds like you have a good methodology for staying alive though. Always good to keep moving and limit weight where possible. And I totally get the heartbreak of leaving something behind! Haha! Think that's why I've made up for it on my main save and turned into a hoarder 😄

@Leeanda What's next on the agenda? Are you still skulking around BR upsetting the wildlife? Hope you're enjoying your moosemeat sandwiches 🍻

20 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

My... twice in one day.  You're getting good at this.

Clothing damage and struggle damage are separate sliders in the custom menu.  They are set higher in Stalker and higher again in Interloper than they are in Pilgrim.  In custom, you can set the clothing damage to "none" although I have noted that clothing damage does still occur on occasion despite that setting.

Lol! Thanks. Its pretty hard to get in that situation though. I've spent more time trying to herd them all to the right places than anything else!  

And they can all run faster than me by a long way! 🙂  

Just got lucky with the damage  I suppose! 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I somehow overlooked this entire post ... My attention span honestly 🤦😄

You're basically culling entire wolf populations 😂 Hope you find goodies at PV. Usually lots of fun to be had there. And tons of mauling opportunities 💪

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

@twyn1 Full respect to anyone doing challenges, they're very tough and very stressful. Also really rewarding. I agree that you have to adopt a different mindset. Sounds like you have a good methodology for staying alive though. Always good to keep moving and limit weight where possible. And I totally get the heartbreak of leaving something behind! Haha! Think that's why I've made up for it on my main save and turned into a hoarder 😄

@Leeanda What's next on the agenda? Are you still skulking around BR upsetting the wildlife? Hope you're enjoying your moosemeat sandwiches 🍻

I'm in forlorn ,heading back to PV . I didn't see any wolves round the farm on my last two stops there, but maybe I wasn't there long enough for them to spawn in. Still need to check the big barn too. 

I've got arrows to make and the satchel too, so I can stop listening to Astrid moan every time I pick up a feather! I mean how heavy can 1 be?😁  You should know though you've got loads I expect🤣

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm in forlorn ,heading back to PV . I didn't see any wolves round the farm on my last two stops there, but maybe I wasn't there long enough for them to spawn in. Still need to check the big barn too. 

I've got arrows to make and the satchel too, so I can stop listening to Astrid moan every time I pick up a feather! I mean how heavy can 1 be?😁  You should know though you've got loads I expect🤣

I love that 🤣 Pick up a feather and ... "Too heavy ..." Really? 😄 Plenty of feathers but they soon get used up. Need more crows, those feathers just don't grow back quick enough 😜😄

Should be nice and relaxing making arrows anyway. A nice break from the maulings. Usually a fair few wolves around the farmhouse and fields for when you do fancy getting up close and personal with the wildlife.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

You're basically culling entire wolf populations 😂 Hope you find goodies at PV. Usually lots of fun to be had there. And tons of mauling opportunities 

Haha Leeanda I need you on my game, get rid of those pesky wolfies that trap me in the Thomson crossing all the time! Lol

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

I love that 🤣 Pick up a feather and ... "Too heavy ..." Really? 😄 Plenty of feathers but they soon get used up. Need more crows, those feathers just don't grow back quick enough 😜😄

Should be nice and relaxing making arrows anyway. A nice break from the maulings. Usually a fair few wolves around the farmhouse and fields for when you do fancy getting up close and personal with the wildlife.

Lol! Just wondering how you lure them in? 🙂 piece of cheese on a string ?

I hardly ever get wolves at the farm, some times I see one before it vanished forever.  But with them on max I'm hoping it'll be better this time. 

On a different topic.  Glad your house is still with us!  Was going to answer on the other unrelated page lol🙂   finding it a bit of a struggle with a three way conversation. No offence or implications intended! Purely my fault.  Nowhere near  quick enough. 

And the compliments were indeed true ! You should be proud of who you are. 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I hardly ever get wolves at the farm, some times I see one before it vanished forever.  But with them on max I'm hoping it'll be better this time. 

On a different topic.  Glad your house is still with us!  Was going to answer on the other unrelated page lol🙂   finding it a bit of a struggle with a three way conversation. Nowhere near  quick enough. 

Maybe we should switch and have our conversations here before the op hates us, haha. 

And at the farm there are generally around six in the orchard so you'll have your hands full with all the maulings! And in the actual farm I generally see 2 or 3

There are wolves near every main location in PV so I'm sure you'll find them soon, lol

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Maybe we should switch and have our conversations here before the op hates us, haha. 

And at the farm there are generally around six in the orchard so you'll have your hands full with all the maulings! And in the actual farm I generally see 2 or 3

There are wolves near every main location in PV so I'm sure you'll find them soon, lol

Pilgrim has always had a scarcity of wolves for me so more than 1 is a big plus in my books.!  But I still have Mountain town and bleak to search  too! I maxed the t-wolvex too! It's going to get noisy there during an aurora.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

Pilgrim has always had a scarcity of wolves for me so more than 1 is a big plus in my books.!  But I still have Mountain town and bleak to search  too! I maxed the t-wolvex too! It's going to get noisy there during an aurora.

Haha I once had an idea to get a sled and hook up wolves as a way to fast travel. You've got plenty of t-wolves so all you need is a sled, lol

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

On a different topic.  Glad your house is still with us!  Was going to answer on the other unrelated page lol🙂   finding it a bit of a struggle with a three way conversation. No offence or implications intended! Purely my fault.  Nowhere near  quick enough. 

Haha! Piece of flesh on a string, or a corpse on a rope 😜 

You're lucky, my PV is swarming with wolves most often, except the field at the front by the river. Since I cleared them out they never came back. Weird.

And thanks, got someone coming to repair the window today. Hopefully get them to assess the roof damage. Seems pretty bad. Did you find out what the metal noise was?

I agree. Shall we talk here instead and hijack your thread? 😄 I totally understand, sorry for hammering the messages out so fast. It's unlike me in all honesty! Haha! But that's because you've made me feel comfortable, and that ain't easy. So thanks ☺💪

17 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yeah let's leave the other thread for on-topic posts 😬😄

I usually see 3 or 4 at the back of the farmhouse and 3 in the right side at the front looking out from the porch. Sometimes 3 or 4 near the barn and another 3 loitering near Thomson's. Little pesky blighters.

Edited by Matt Lomax
Typo

19 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! Piece of flesh on a string, or a corpse on a rope 😜 

You're lucky, my PV is swarming with wolves most often, except the field at the front by the river. Since I cleared them out they never came back. Weird.

And thanks, got someone coming to repair the window today. Hopefully get them to assess the roof damage. Seems pretty bad. Did you find out what the metal noise was?

I agree. Shall we talk here instead and hijack your thread? 😄 I totally understand, sorry for hammering the messages out so fast. It's unlike me in all honesty! Haha! But that's because you've made me feel comfortable, and that ain't easy. So thanks ☺💪

Yeah let's leave the other thread for on-topic posts 😬😄

I usually see 3 or 4 at the back of the farmhouse and 3 in the right side at the front looking out from the porch. Sometimes 3 or 4 near the barn and another 3 loitering near Thomson's. Little pesky blighters.

Sorry you got some damage. That's tough luck!  

Luckily that metal banging was from the house over the back! They have a massive billboard kinda thing and it'd come loose somewhere ! It was banging on the fence til about 2am. 

Those wolves probably saw you with the shaver and ran for the hills😁 

No need to apologise , I just can't focus on that much at a time , it confuses me. I did try to explain to catlover earlier too!  

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sorry you got some damage. That's tough luck!  

Luckily that metal banging was from the house over the back! They have a massive billboard kinda thing and it'd come loose somewhere ! It was banging on the fence til about 2am. 

Those wolves probably saw you with the shaver and ran for the hills😁

Ah never mind, could have been worse. Thanks though ☺

Glad it wasn't anything major, even better if it's not your problem to sort out 😄 Annoying though when you're trying to sleep.

Haha! They hear me switch it on and poof! Only paw prints in the snow ...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Ah never mind, could have been worse. Thanks though ☺

Glad it wasn't anything major, even better if it's not your problem to sort out 😄 Annoying though when you're trying to sleep.

Haha! They hear me switch it on and poof! Only paw prints in the snow ...

Lol! Beware the buzzing man !   He'll get you in the end, and your little Doggy too!🙂 

Sorry I edited  that last comment ,not sure if you read it before replying! 

God I'm slow!😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Lol! Thanks. Its pretty hard to get in that situation though. I've spent more time trying to herd them all to the right places than anything else!  

And they can all run faster than me by a long way! 🙂  

Just got lucky with the damage  I suppose! 

Isn't RNG the bain of doing good science on any of this stuff? 😀Congrats on doing some really great and informative research - despite the odds.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol! Beware the buzzing man !   He'll get you in the end, and your little Doggy too!🙂 

Sorry I edited  that last comment ,not sure if you read it before replying! 

God I'm slow!😁

🤣 You'll thank me when all your wolves are pink. Not nearly as scary 😜

Just seen it, and I understand. Sometimes like that myself depending on anxiety/brain fog levels. Not much fun is it? 😫 Debilitating, in fact. Good thing is we can all relate, though I wish none of us had these afflictions in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha theyd be much easier to see then. Maybe you could do the same to bears? The amount of times they've come out of nowhere! 

Edited by Catlover

7 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Isn't RNG the bain of doing good science on any of this stuff? 😀Congrats on doing some really great and informative research - despite the odds.  Keep up the great work!

Thanks! Just hope the Timberwolves don't gang up on me! Not sure how it'll work with them though! Never seen them chasing anything down let alone protecting their food! 

7 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Just seen it, and I understand. Sometimes like that myself depending on anxiety/brain fog levels. Not much fun is it? 😫 Debilitating, in fact. Good thing is we can all relate, though I wish none of us had these afflictions in the first place.

Pink wolves! Don't know if that's creepy or funny!😁  

Thanks for understanding!  Kind of a vicious circle really  isnt it! 

But we shall overcome some day ! As Joan Baez sang a long time ago!😁 

Got to go and get to PV now! Back in an hour or two ! If I don't get mauled to death!🙂

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Sorry about vanishing on you both. My phone decided it would be a good idea to run out of data! 

No worries, thought it might have been your battery. They never seem to last two minutes.

17 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha theyd be much easier to see then. Maybe you could do the same to bears? The amount of times they've come out of nowhere! 

Count me in 💪 Good to shave them while they sleep. Tend to wake up though, so you may see them walking around with interesting tram lines or that monk hairdo 😜

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks! Just hope the Timberwolves don't gang up on me! Not sure how it'll work with them though! Never seen them chasing anything down let alone protecting their food! 

Pink wolves! Don't know if that's creepy or funny!😁  

Thanks for understanding!  Kind of a vicious circle really  isnt it! 

But we shall overcome some day ! As Joan Baez sang a long time ago!😁 

Got to go and get to PV now! Back in an hour or two ! If I don't get mauled to death!🙂

Indeed, we shall conquer this nonsense lest it conquers us 💪

Good luck with the wolves, try not to kill every last one 😄

• Like 1