I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

5 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

LOL!!! This thread is great!! Congratulations on your Mauling, Leeanda!!

I had the Ice Skating Moose by the Wing wreckage in TWM. He glided over and stomped me, something good!, but I got him afterwards!

And I too, absolutely LOVE the PV Birch Woods, with those stunningly beautiful lighting effects! Kudos to whoever was responsible for that (really, for all of the lighting in the game). I have found myself just letting Astrid stand there and look about as the light changes.

I noticed a decided lack of deer on a quick trip over to Blackrock yesterday. None along the road to the Power Sub-Station, the Farm, Jailer's House/Garage, Foreman's Clearcut Trailer or Bricklayer's Retreat/Pond & none on the trek from there to the rope climb at Fool's Corner (?).

I did finally track down a deer in the woods beyond the Farm area, past where the 2 trucks are parked. There was a moose on the frozen lake below the prison, I left him be ... was actually getting a bit low on food & had to eat a questionable can of sardines, but got lucky there! Also, no human corpses or pre-set deer carcasses anywhere. (Did not go all the way into the prison to the Ballistic Vest area, so not sure if that guy was there or not)

Back in my cozy hut in TWM again, settling in with my mountains of gear and food -- will probably save and retire this version of Astrid soon.

Thank you, glad you like it.  HTL should be very proud  of this game, it's a stunning piece of work.

I noticed on my pilgrim run that there were no deer or moose in BlackRock at all.  I'm assuming that the bugs in game are affecting spawning somehow. But that's just my opinion so don't quote me on it🙂  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Sorry, I was eating my dinner and trying to take a pic of the screen ... Came out fuzzy and then flips upside down 🤦 Bizarre few minutes 😜 Blame the baldy crows 🙉

No probs! I like it actually, it adds a unique perspective of the game! 🙂

• Like 1

Taking the fear off is definitely affecting this run even if it shouldn't be. I just had my second mauling !🙂

He really didn't want to give me his dinner. 

Took some clothes damage ,scarf snow pants ,boots and my brand new  bunny gloves took about 15% damage. But I finally got to use some old man's beard!  So not completely useless then. 

Didn't have time to raise the rifle either.  But he ran off and I got my dinner🙂

Piddy (sorry don't know how to highlight just user name)  there's no stink registering on this run.

• Upvote 1

Yay! Does that mean you got lacerations? I'm so happy for you 🎉🎉😅 On a sidenote, wrapping bald crows in old man's beard keeps them all snugly until their feathers grow back 💪

This run sounds intense, must be keeping you on edge. Though stealing a wolf's dinner? Have you no shame? 😫😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Yay! Does that mean you got lacerations? I'm so happy for you 🎉🎉😅 On a sidenote, wrapping bald crows in old man's beard keeps them all snugly until their feathers grow back 💪

This run sounds intense, must be keeping you on edge. Though stealing a wolf's dinner? Have you no shame? 😫😄

Honestly I thought it would stress me out but I'm actually enjoying it!  It's a whole new experience! Unlike story mode I actually get time to react (sort of) and I can actually  treat my injuries  without being mauled again  while I'm doing it! 

I have to admit with the bears off most of the stress has gone. My only worry is getting a moose Stomping . I'm so impatient that the thought of not being able to run for a while might tempt me to quit the run altogether. 

Now I need more omb cos I don't want to lug those bottles around!  

Getting bitten is great fun!🤣 I wonder how many times it can happen  before the novelty wears off though. But in the meantime ... Bring it on Wolfie! 🙂

• Upvote 1

Haha! 😄 They're love bites is all. They're just over-affectionate. That's cool, glad you're enjoying the new challenges. I love trying different options as each experience really does feel fresh. Yeah bears are an added stress, moose can be just as temperamental and detrimental to the ol' ribcage.

Hope you continue to enjoy 💪

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! 😄 They're love bites is all. They're just over-affectionate. That's cool, glad you're enjoying the new challenges. I love trying different options as each experience really does feel fresh. Yeah bears are an added stress, moose can be just as temperamental and detrimental to the ol' ribcage.

Hope you continue to enjoy 💪

Thanks! Hope you enjoy more crow shaving!🤣

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well he mightve said the first bit but not quite so sure about the rest..🙂

Haha! 🙉 It's the apocalypse, you know? Sent me bonkers 😜 Can't believe I salvaged some snow pants after all this time in the game. Unbelievable find. Those hideous workman pants are a thing of the past! Hurrah! Have you managed to find any decent clothes on your new run? Do you think you'll try get the crampons etc?

Haha! 🙉 It's the apocalypse, you know? Sent me bonkers 😜 Can't believe I salvaged some snow pants after all this time in the game. Unbelievable find. Those hideous workman pants are a thing of the past! Hurrah! Have you managed to find any decent clothes on your new run? Do you think you'll try get the crampons etc?

Glad you're covered...literally!😁 

Yes I made the trip to ash before TWM ,needed more carry weight! I'm a hourder!🙂 

Got 2 snow pants ,mackinaw and expo coats.  Double climbing socks, insulated boots so pretty well set.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Glad you're covered...literally!😁 

Yes I made the trip to ash before TWM ,needed more carry weight! I'm a hourder!🙂 

Got 2 snow pants ,mackinaw and expo coats.  Double climbing socks, insulated boots so pretty well set.

Oh yes, hid my shame well 💪😄

Yeah I'm same, makes you wonder how you survived with less capacity. I'm still pushing it over the limit constantly, shuffling across the tundra like a zombie 🙄

Nice, you got them pretty quick. You don't mess about. Some good frost protection there 👍 hope you've got a balaclava to protect the cheeks ☺

Oh yes, hid my shame well 💪😄

Yeah I'm same, makes you wonder how you survived with less capacity. I'm still pushing it over the limit constantly, shuffling across the tundra like a zombie 🙄

Nice, you got them pretty quick. You don't mess about. Some good frost protection there 👍 hope you've got a balaclava to protect the cheeks ☺

Just the woolly hat and long fleece scarf. Waiting for guts to cure so I can make the bunny hat. Can't bring myself to wear the balaclava it looks ridiculous!😁

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Just the woolly hat and long fleece scarf. Waiting for guts to cure so I can make the bunny hat. Can't bring myself to wear the balaclava it looks ridiculous!😁

🤣 Hideous, isn't it? My fella looks like something that crawled from the marsh 😬 No wonder everyone left the island ...  They were terrified 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

🤣 Hideous, isn't it? My fella looks like something that crawled from the marsh 😬 No wonder everyone left the island ...  They were terrified 😄

It wouldn't be so bad if it was black. Wish list request... Clothes dye!   Or even bleach? At least then they'd be camouflaged. 🙂

• Like 1

This is going to prove harder than I thought!  I spent half the morning (real time)  scouring PV for wolves and only saw one.near the bridge past the community hall.  No deer anywhere and hardly any rabbits.  It's going to be worse if the wolves and rabbits are in completely different areas!  So I will keep looking!  On a good note I found plenty of Old man's beard! 

On a side note, there were no corpses at the crash sight again! That's every run now since the episode 4 update! 

No carcasses either! . 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1