I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

36 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

No worries, thought it might have been your battery. They never seem to last two minutes.

Count me in 💪 Good to shave them while they sleep. Tend to wake up though, so you may see them walking around with interesting tram lines or that monk hairdo 😜

Haha I suppose that would be just as noticeable. I'm not sure which one of you both would wreak the most havoc if you got stranded in a Canadian island, lol. We'll either have bald wolves or no wolves at all! 

And yeah my battery isn't great, lol so if I vanish that's generally why

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha I suppose that would be just as noticeable. I'm not sure which one of you both would wreak the most havoc if you got stranded in a Canadian island, lol. We'll either have bald wolves or no wolves at all! 

And yeah my battery isn't great, lol so if I vanish that's generally why

I think Leeanda would decimate the wolf population before any of us got chance 😄

Yeah this thing dies all the time and I hardly use it. One of the perks of being unpopular! Haha! Hope you got on okay today 👍

I shot a deer an hour ago and can't find it anywhere. It's driving me bonkers. And it's freezing out. Now I've started replacing cloth-based clothing for animal I'm losing a fair bit of heat ... 😬

• Upvote 1

Well that was a long way to go for nothing!   From forlorn to PV farm I saw nothing at all! Not even a rabbit!  Two blizzards later I look round the farm area as far as I can see , given the heavy snowfall, and I finally see a lone wolf!  Right at the end of the field behind the farm! Nowhere near any other animals that I could see!  Decided to check the big barn , and nothing!  After ransacking the place ,and finding 2 MRes and a corpse I decided to check round that area! Came up with nothing, anywhere!  No deer, no wolves ,no rabbits. Now I'm completely alone with just the corpse for company!  Hope he's got some good anecdotes to pass the night away!😁  

I did manage to make the moose satchel though, so now I can overload Astrid even more!😁 

If I can find anything tomorrow I'm going to try holding the flare gun to see what happens! If I'm lucky I'll get a jolly good mauling!😁

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

I think Leeanda would decimate the wolf population before any of us got chance 😄

Yeah this thing dies all the time and I hardly use it. One of the perks of being unpopular! Haha! Hope you got on okay today 👍

I shot a deer an hour ago and can't find it anywhere. It's driving me bonkers. And it's freezing out. Now I've started replacing cloth-based clothing for animal I'm losing a fair bit of heat ... 😬

Got to find one first!😁  Hope you find your dinner and trousers somewhere out there! I don't want to find your corpse standing in the middle of a field!🙂

44 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Yeah I've had a decent day, thanks :) I hope you have too.

And haha that's true, I wouldn't trust either of you around any wildlife! 

Oh no, that happens to me all the time, stupid dear. Can you see any crows? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well that was a long way to go for nothing!   From forlorn to PV farm I saw nothing at all! Not even a rabbit!  Two blizzards later I look round the farm area as far as I can see , given the heavy snowfall, and I finally see a lone wolf!  Right at the end of the field behind the farm! Nowhere near any other animals that I could see!  Decided to check the big barn , and nothing!  After ransacking the place ,and finding 2 MRes and a corpse I decided to check round that area! Came up with nothing, anywhere!  No deer, no wolves ,no rabbits. Now I'm completely alone with just the corpse for company!  Hope he's got some good anecdotes to pass the night away!😁  

I did manage to make the moose satchel though, so now I can overload Astrid even more!😁 

If I can find anything tomorrow I'm going to try holding the flare gun to see what happens! If I'm lucky I'll get a jolly good mauling!😁

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you 🤞

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Got to find one first!😁  Hope you find your dinner and trousers somewhere out there! I don't want to find your corpse standing in the middle of a field!🙂

Haha! Yep, I'm all set now. Enjoy campfire stories with the corpse. If you get bored, give him a haircut 💪 And leave that poor lone wolf alone ... 😜

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yeah I've had a decent day, thanks :) I hope you have too.

And haha that's true, I wouldn't trust either of you around any wildlife! 

Oh no, that happens to me all the time, stupid dear. Can you see any crows? 

Good, I'm glad. Not bad, thanks 👊

I've just found the deer, 2 days later. Was near Thomson's Crossing all the way from the back of PV farmhouse. Always feel a bit guilty using them for clothes and repairs. But what can you do?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! Yep, I'm all set now. Enjoy campfire stories with the corpse. If you get bored, give him a haircut 💪 And leave that poor lone wolf alone ... 😜

Good, I'm glad. Not bad, thanks 👊

I've just found the deer, 2 days later. Was near Thomson's Crossing all the way from the back of PV farmhouse. Always feel a bit guilty using them for clothes and repairs. But what can you do?

But I want to play with the wolf! He's such a cute little fella!😁 Not a patch on Mr Wolfenstein though!   

Glad you got the deer! They sure can run  though can't they?😃  

Got any spare marshmallows? The corpse didn't bring anything for the party!  Such bad manners! 

Glad you're doing ok today!😃

• Upvote 1

Actually wondering about Timberwolves and how they  act! Has anyone got any advice on them in relation to feeding/ hunting techniques!  If one gets a kill and I try to intervene will the entire pack go for me as well ? Stupid question I know but I'm not sure with them ! 

Any advice greatly appreciated!

26 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

But I want to play with the wolf! He's such a cute little fella!😁 Not a patch on Mr Wolfenstein though!   

Glad you got the deer! They sure can run  though can't they?😃  

Got any spare marshmallows? The corpse didn't bring anything for the party!  Such bad manners! 

Glad you're doing ok today!😃

Haha! Not as well groomed as the Wolfmeister 😄 Have you murdered him yet? Or taunted him with stones? 😂

Yeah sometimes they just shoot off ... And the blood trail disappeared which didn't help 🙄

Selfish these corpses, always got their head down and won't look you in the eye. Difficult to get through that icy exterior. If I had marshmallows, I'd gladly share. Got plenty of fish. Probably 200kgs worth rotting away 😄

Cheers. Hope you are too💪

And I know nothing of timberwolves as I switched them off 🙊 Sorry 😄

Edited by Matt Lomax
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! Not as well groomed as the Wolfmeister 😄 Have you murdered him yet? Or taunted him with stones? 😂

Yeah sometimes they just shoot off ... And the blood trail disappeared which didn't help

🙄

Selfish these corpses, always got their head down and won't look you in the eye. Difficult to get through that icy exterior. If I had marshmallows, I'd gladly share. Got plenty of fish. Probably 200kgs worth rotting away 😄

Cheers. Hope you are too 💪

No I lm stuck in the barn with the skinflint until tomorrow!  Damn blizzards! Gotta love PV!

He's safe for a few days! at least!😃

Having a few problems with those blood trails disappearing myself!  Or not turning up at all! 

You could always make a coat out of those fish ! Tres chic! Might be a bit smelly though😁 

Thanks!

I'll be better if I get some sleep tonight! But the winds died down here so I'm hoping for a silent night at least!😃

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Actually wondering about Timberwolves and how they  act! Has anyone got any advice on them in relation to feeding/ hunting techniques!  If one gets a kill and I try to intervene will the entire pack go for me as well ? Stupid question I know but I'm not sure with them ! 

Any advice greatly appreciated!

I honestly don't know on pilgrim.  Something I have yet to check out for myself... whether or not the morale bar comes up if you attack one of the pack.  I would imagine that if it does come up, breaking the pack morale would not be as difficult as on the more difficult settings.  Advice, build a campfire nearby where you intend to attack the first T-wolf and be ready to start pulling torches out of the fire and flinging them at the other members of the pack if they start into a group attack frenzy (i.e. the morale bar appears).  Any time you hit a T-wolf with a torch the morale bar should deplete a bit.  When it's gone, the pack should leave you alone.  (Again, I don't know if it will even appear on pilgrim).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I honestly don't know on pilgrim.  Something I have yet to check out for myself... whether or not the morale bar comes up if you attack one of the pack.  I would imagine that if it does come up, breaking the pack morale would not be as difficult as on the more difficult settings.  Advice, build a campfire nearby where you intend to attack the first T-wolf and be ready to start pulling torches out of the fire and flinging them at the other members of the pack if they start into a group attack frenzy (i.e. the morale bar appears).  Any time you hit a T-wolf with a torch the morale bar should deplete a bit.  When it's gone, the pack should leave you alone.  (Again, I don't know if it will even appear on pilgrim).

Thanks! It's going to be interesting to see what happens! I've never even seen them chasing anything on any of my runs, so it's going to be a challenge!

36 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

No I lm stuck in the barn with the skinflint until tomorrow!  Damn blizzards! Gotta love PV!

He's safe for a few days! at least!😃

Having a few problems with those blood trails disappearing myself!  Or not turning up at all! 

You could always make a coat out of those fish ! Tres chic! Might be a bit smelly though😁 

Thanks!

I'll be better if I get some sleep tonight! But the winds died down here so I'm hoping for a silent night at least!😃

Haha! Yes, PV blizzards can go on for days. Give the corpse a hug, might just feel a bit morose. You know what they're like 🙄😄

Hm, it's a mystery with the blood 🤔

Love the idea of a fish suit, actually laughed out loud at that so thank you. Needed it 👍 Can you imagine the stench? 🙊

Yeah it's a lot calmer tonight, can't hear a thing. Might even open the window again now 🎉 Hope you can get a decent night in.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! Yes, PV blizzards can go on for days. Give the corpse a hug, might just feel a bit morose. You know what they're like 🙄😄

Hm, it's a mystery with the blood 🤔

Love the idea of a fish suit, actually laughed out loud at that so thank you. Needed it 👍 Can you imagine the stench? 🙊

Yeah it's a lot calmer tonight, can't hear a thing. Might even open the window again now 🎉 Hope you can get a decent night in.

Lol!😂

I've got disappearing bears too! Has been reported as a bug so we'll have to see if it's in the next fix!? 

You're welcome! ! Fish suit, meat dress, moose head slippers? Where will it end😁  my new clothes store will be open any day now.  It's called the long parka! ! 

Might have it's advantages, smelly fish versus bear ! Which is the strongest?😁 

Well if you do open it you might get a few feathered , sorrry , unfeathered friends dropping in!😃 

Just make sure you don't get a chill though!  

Edited by Leeanda

23 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol!😂

I've got disappearing bears too! Has been reported as a bug so we'll have to see if it's in the next fix!? 

You're welcome! ! Fish suit, meat dress, moose head slippers? Where will it end😁  my new clothes store will be open any day now.  It's called the long parka! ! 

Might have it's advantages, smelly fish versus bear ! Which is the strongest?😁 

Well if you do open it you might get a few feathered , sorrry , unfeathered friends dropping in!😃 

Just make sure you don't get a chill though!  

Are you sure the bears are disappearing or is it that you switched them off? 😜😄

Haha! Your shop sounds intriguing, if not hazardous to the nose. Handmade fish suits with eyes for sequins. Yum.

Imagine 😄 Bunch of baldy crows on the window ledge ... Comical.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Are you sure the bears are disappearing or is it that you switched them off? 😜😄

Haha! Your shop sounds intriguing, if not hazardous to the nose. Handmade fish suits with eyes for sequins. Yum.

Imagine 😄 Bunch of baldy crows on the window ledge ... Comical.

Well I took them off on this run but not on the standard pilgrim one!  Definitely vanishing! Had at least 4 of them go! One of them when it was a few metres away at PV farm ! Lost a lot of dinners cos of it too!  

Shall I put you down as a v.i.p. customer then? All clothes tailor made in the basement ! Of course there's no oil for the lanterns so it's not going to be a perfect fit! 🙂 But we do our best! 

Lol! Birdman of Yorkshire!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well I took them off on this run but not on the standard pilgrim one!  Definitely vanishing! Had at least 4 of them go! One of them when it was a few metres away at PV farm ! Lost a lot of dinners cos of it too!  

Shall I put you down as a v.i.p. customer then? All clothes tailor made in the basement ! Of course there's no oil for the lanterns so it's not going to be a perfect fit! 🙂 But we do our best! 

Lol! Birdman of Yorkshire!

I believe you, thousands wouldn't 😜😄 I've noticed it myself to be honest. I think they leap up into the trees and go all predator. You and your dinners 😂 Have you ransacked the plane? Usually lots of meals in the overhead compartments.

Yep, I'm in 💪 Put me down for the fluffy woolly warmers (had to be careful how I worded that) and a full fish suit with guts for a belt. Don't worry about the fit, the apocalypse trimmed me down a bit 😜

Birdman of Yorkshire 🤣🤣

• Like 1

🤣🤣🤣 

My tailors are the best I could find!  Mind you not many people around so I had to look in those caves with the bones in!  But they seem to know how to sew very well! 😁  I know what you meant !lol😁  

I did the plane a while ago! Eaten half the dinners already! Not much else there really for pilgrim! 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

🤣🤣🤣 

My tailors are the best I could find!  Mind you not many people around so I had to look in those caves with the bones in!  But they seem to know how to sew very well! 😁  I know what you meant !lol😁  

I did the plane a while ago! Eaten half the dinners already! Not much else there really for pilgrim! 

Haha! Are you raising a secret skeleton army with a penchant for sewing sequined suits? Wow, that was a mouthful. Much like the moose gloves 😜

Yeah they don't last long. Should be an option to thaw out and eat corpses. I mean ... Why not? 🙊

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! Are you raising a secret skeleton army with a penchant for sewing sequined suits? Wow, that was a mouthful. Much like the moose gloves 😜

Yeah they don't last long. Should be an option to thaw out and eat corpses. I mean ... Why not? 🙊

That's a tongue twister!🙂 

I meant the other kind of  cave dwellers  though!😁  🐻  

What corpses? I've hardly found any ! Someone beat me to It!? Shucks I'm hungry too!😁 Stick a leg in the microwave and wait for the aurora! I'll come round for supper then! 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's a tongue twister!🙂 

I meant the other kind of  cave dwellers  though!😁  🐻  

What corpses? I've hardly found any ! Someone beat me to It!? Shucks I'm hungry too!😁 Stick a leg in the microwave and wait for the aurora! I'll come round for supper then! 🙂

Doh 🤦 Trust me to go with the abstract 😄 Bears sewing is so much more, um, logical 😂

Hilarious, actually laughed a bit too loudly at that. Leg in the microwave and an arm hanging out the oven. What's in the pot on the stove, Leeanda? And why is it looking at me? 😬😄

Yeah serious lack of corpses. Have spotted a couple of new ones since I mentioned it last. Yet another at CH near the fishing cabins. Used to be 1 in the woods, now he's got a friend.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Doh 🤦 Trust me to go with the abstract 😄 Bears sewing is so much more, um, logical 😂

Hilarious, actually laughed a bit too loudly at that. Leg in the microwave and an arm hanging out the oven. What's in the pot on the stove, Leeanda? And why is it looking at me? 😬😄

Yeah serious lack of corpses. Have spotted a couple of new ones since I mentioned it last. Yet another at CH near the fishing cabins. Used to be 1 in the woods, now he's got a friend.

Cue.. twilight music...😁  

Pot? What pot? I have no idea !🤣🤣🐺 

Shoot. Batteries low. Got to go ! Hope you enjoy the rest of your night!  

Don't forget to close your windows!😁

• Upvote 1

Yep -- I'm enjoying the thread too, very clever & funny.

Not sure what Timber-wolves will do if you try to provoke them on a Pilgrim/Custom setting. But they are somewhat glitchy, at least in Blackrock right now.

I did finish the Archivist challenge, hanging on at the end by crouching against a rockface for several hours, snug up next to a corpse (!), while riding out a blizzard in Forlorn Muskeg. Collected my last computer message with only 3 cat-tails left for food. The Aurora never looked so beautiful! Took a quick peek at the "Whiteout" Challenge, but I think I need to go back and sit in my cozy, saved, Pilgrim house at Coastal Highway and fish for a few days.

Enjoy!

• Like 1