I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

25 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's quite a while then. But without the gear to make more the rifle will only be good for scrap sooner or later. I hardly found any ammo at black rock , surprising really considering . unless the guards used ice bullets ☺ 

Nothing like having a fully loaded gun is there?

I only throw her off the cliff if I'm either in a bad mood,or if the run just doesn't feel right. If you know what I mean? 

Except early on when I first started playing ,I killed her in every way I could think of! Surprisingly limited on passive !😀

Precisely 😫 I broke half a dozen rifles up but kept one in reserve at the cannery just in case I ever found more scrap lead. Glad I did 😅 You're right about Blackrock, was expecting bullets galore at the prison ... Nope. Nada. Icicle shanks were all the rage 😬 Or ice bullets which sound cool ... Sorry, poor pun 😭

Haha! What with your killing tendencies and bad moods I'm glad there isn't multiplayer, I reckon you'd be hunting humans over deer 😱😄 Or adding grease to the line at that broken rail crossing to watch people slide off to their demise 🤔 But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. If it doesn't feel right, it ain't right.

24 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Precisely 😫 I broke half a dozen rifles up but kept one in reserve at the cannery just in case I ever found more scrap lead. Glad I did 😅 You're right about Blackrock, was expecting bullets galore at the prison ... Nope. Nada. Icicle shanks were all the rage 😬 Or ice bullets which sound cool ... Sorry, poor pun 😭

Haha! What with your killing tendencies and bad moods I'm glad there isn't multiplayer, I reckon you'd be hunting humans over deer 😱😄 Or adding grease to the line at that broken rail crossing to watch people slide off to their demise 🤔 But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. If it doesn't feel right, it ain't right.

Ok now I wish there was multiplayer 😁  might need a dart gun to knock the other victims,,err sorry players out first.  Hmm.. so many possibilities 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Ok now I wish there was multiplayer 😁  might need a dart gun to knock the other victims,,err sorry players out first.  Hmm.. so many possibilities 😁

🤣 Sniper rifle, perched high in Ash Canyon ... Shooting people attempting to cross the wobbly bridges. Watch them swaaaay 😜

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 3:09 AM, Leeanda said:

After nearly 3 years of playing custom and pilgrim I finally had my first wolf mauling!  ! 🙂 

My problem is I'm not sure if it was a bug as it seemed kind of glitchy. 

This run is a custom pilgrim with Max wolves ,close detection range, and even though it shouldn't make a difference on passive I took the fear off just to see if it does indeed make some differences.  I also don't have any crafted clothes on and no bear roll and as yet no moose satchel either. The only things I intend to wear are the bunny hat and gloves . But I can't see them making a difference to this little experiment.

I'm only a few weeks into the run and I started it solely for the purpose of getting mauled !🙂 Yes I am mad, but I might finally have a use for all that unused medicine .  Which ironically I didn't need on the mauling I had this morning! 

I will keep you up to date if or when it happens again but considering how long I had to wait for this one, it might be quite a while before I can write again! 🙂

Congrats -- it's a rite of passage! Please do reach out if you find it is "glitchy" again in the future, or if you experience any additional issues: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

Good luck as you continue your journey through the Quiet Apocalypse! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Admin said:

Congrats -- it's a rite of passage! Please do reach out if you find it is "glitchy" again in the future, or if you experience any additional issues: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

Good luck as you continue your journey through the Quiet Apocalypse! 

Thank you!   It's a lot of fun.   And I will if it happens again.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:09 AM, Leeanda said:

After nearly 3 years of playing custom and pilgrim I finally had my first wolf mauling!  ! 🙂 

My problem is I'm not sure if it was a bug as it seemed kind of glitchy. 

This run is a custom pilgrim with Max wolves ,close detection range, and even though it shouldn't make a difference on passive I took the fear off just to see if it does indeed make some differences.  I also don't have any crafted clothes on and no bear roll and as yet no moose satchel either. The only things I intend to wear are the bunny hat and gloves . But I can't see them making a difference to this little experiment.

I'm only a few weeks into the run and I started it solely for the purpose of getting mauled !🙂 Yes I am mad, but I might finally have a use for all that unused medicine .  Which ironically I didn't need on the mauling I had this morning! 

I will keep you up to date if or when it happens again but considering how long I had to wait for this one, it might be quite a while before I can write again! 🙂

Congrats.  Sorry I haven't been around much to congratulate you earlier.  Your persistence paid off.  I've been absorbed with the All Your Bases tournament, which has pilgrim settings (i.e. passive animals) in all divisions.  I've seen a few wolf maulings there as well.

1 hour ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Congrats.  Sorry I haven't been around much to congratulate you earlier.  Your persistence paid off.  I've been absorbed with the All Your Bases tournament, which has pilgrim settings (i.e. passive animals) in all divisions.  I've seen a few wolf maulings there as well.

Thanks!   Yes I've been watching one of the tournaments  on ytube ,looks like a good challenge!  

After going nearly full circle round Mystery lake I finally saw a wolf! I did hope I could push him down to the deer but unfortunately the moose was there instead. So I had to take care of him ! Only took 4 rounds this time which is good for me in bad weather!  Mind you that last shot was more luck than anything. But he was coming for me so I took the chance and it payed off. Spent the rest of this morning cooking what I could until the weather turned bad.  

Next time the plan is to herd the wolf onto the trail between the hunters blind and the lake. If I'm lucky he'll kill a few rabbits on the way! Then hopefully I'll get mauled.🙂 

I might try carrying a flare or lit torch to see if that makes a difference to my chances.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks!   Yes I've been watching one of the tournaments  on ytube ,looks like a good challenge!  

One in particular I think might be pertinent to your cause is Quinoasaurus's last VOD.  It was a wolf attack that caused him to die (ending his tournament run).  That attack seemed very sudden and unprovoked to me, but you might want to check it out for yourself (you wouldn't have to watch the whole stream, of course, just the last 10 minutes or so.  Maybe you could pick up on what he did to get attacked like that.

5 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

One in particular I think might be pertinent to your cause is Quinoasaurus's last VOD.  It was a wolf attack that caused him to die (ending his tournament run).  That attack seemed very sudden and unprovoked to me, but you might want to check it out for yourself (you wouldn't have to watch the whole stream, of course, just the last 10 minutes or so.  Maybe you could pick up on what he did to get attacked like that.

Thanks I'll check it out. 

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

After going nearly full circle round Mystery lake I finally saw a wolf! I did hope I could push him down to the deer but unfortunately the moose was there instead. So I had to take care of him ! Only took 4 rounds this time which is good for me in bad weather!  Mind you that last shot was more luck than anything. But he was coming for me so I took the chance and it payed off. Spent the rest of this morning cooking what I could until the weather turned bad.  

Next time the plan is to herd the wolf onto the trail between the hunters blind and the lake. If I'm lucky he'll kill a few rabbits on the way! Then hopefully I'll get mauled.🙂 

I might try carrying a flare or lit torch to see if that makes a difference to my chances.

You need the ability to taunt wolves. "Come and get some, you mangy mutt! Can't even grow a beard!" and so on.

Glad you now know there are wolves in the vicinity after a dry spell. Be interesting to learn his temperament, could be that one cowardly wolf who runs away yelping as I had recently. I blame the green balaclava, naturally 🙄

Happy mauling 🍻🎉🎈

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

You need the ability to taunt wolves. "Come and get some, you mangy mutt! Can't even grow a beard!" and so on.

Glad you now know there are wolves in the vicinity after a dry spell. Be interesting to learn his temperament, could be that one cowardly wolf who runs away yelping as I had recently. I blame the green balaclava, naturally 🙄

Happy mauling 🍻🎉🎈

It makes a change to get anywhere near one, usually they see me a mile away. He was right behind the trailer and I could hear him snuffling . Probably smelt the rancid deer meat I'd just dropped.  Surprisingly I've found a few carcasses and lots of feathers and corpses. 

I know there are more than I'm seeing, I could hear the howling when I was walking around . Heavily overweight as usual too! Just so much loot I can't resist😁   sadly no balaclava though. 🙂

Things are definitely looking up then 👍 Good idea with the meat, lure him in then clobber him with a pry bar or something.

Good gauge of how many there are, I do enjoy the howling of wolves in the distance. Then I can merrily skip in the opposite direction. Or shuffle, cos like you I can't resist picking up absolutely everything on the map 🙄😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Sorry. Is it on ytube cos I can't seem to find it?  

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol 😁 just had an image of Will skipping  through the woods. 

Big green  riding hood. Seriously those balaclava are stupid🤣

Haha! Big green riding hood 😂 Why, grandma, what a lovely shaver you have ... Yes, dear, all the better to, uh, shave you with 🙊

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! Big green riding hood 😂 Why, grandma, what a lovely shaver you have ... Yes, dear, all the better to, uh, shave you with 🙊

Uh oh! Looks like you're moving on to bigger things than crows to shave!  

BEWARE  Wolfie ,he's coming for you! 😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sorry. Is it on ytube cos I can't seem to find it?  

Sorry, I should have specified.  It's on Twitch in his past broadcasts videos.  It won't stay there forever, but I think it should still be there today.  It was there yesterday when I checked by doing a search for his channel name - Quinoasaurus.

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Uh oh! Looks like you're moving on to bigger things than crows to shave!  

BEWARE  Wolfie ,he's coming for you! 😁

😄 That's how addiction starts ... Start small, few crows here and there, then rabbits ... Wolves ... Bears ... Moose 🤔 The future animal is a well-groomed animal 💪

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Sorry, I should have specified.  It's on Twitch in his past broadcasts videos.  It won't stay there forever, but I think it should still be there today.  It was there yesterday when I checked by doing a search for his channel name - Quinoasaurus.

Did you mean the skeeters ridge? I couldn't watch the other video it kept cutting me off. But if so then yes it was unprovoked. I saw nothing to explain that at all.  Very odd indeed. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt Lomax said:

😄 That's how addiction starts ... Start small, few crows here and there, then rabbits ... Wolves ... Bears ... Moose 🤔 The future animal is a well-groomed animal 💪

It's also a very cold one! And  have you ever seen a bald dog ?  Super weird! 😃  You might also need help😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

So I tried a few little tests and I know that  lit flares stop the attack triggering.  I tried blue and red from different angles and they ran away regardless of how close I was. Then I tried a lit torch from behind the wolf and got instantly mauled!😁  No damage to clothes though so got lucky with that.  Also managed to get quite a few feathers from the carcasses that are strewn all over the place.   Haven't seen the wolf since so presuming it died somewhere. 

I'm now heading to Broken railroad to see how many wolves are hanging round the maintenance yard! I might do some arrowheads while I'm there. 

Piddy.. my apologies. There is indeed a stink metre on pilgrim.

I didn't see it as it came on then disappeared very quickly.

I had nothing on me during the attacks anyway so I will have to try it.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2