Bleak Inlet 50 Day Interloper Visit

Ahatch

My survivor is closing in on 500 days and I have started doing 50 day stays in all regions. I'm currently in Bleak Inlet about 15 days in and I have to say on Interloper this is not a welcoming region. I have plenty of food since I'm staying in the cabin by the fishing hut. I can ward off cabin fever fishing. I killed the bear here so have lots of meat. Timber wolves are the real issue in this region as I have had to use my bow to fend them off. I managed to make it into the work shop but couldn't do much there other than make more arrows and collect all the loot. Firewood seems to be the resource that is costing me health. I have to venture quite a ways from my cabin to find any wood and the wind here is brutal so I lose a ton of health just going to collect sticks. So my routine is pretty simple spend a couple days gathering wood then a day ice fishing and boiling water. 

BITLD.png

TLDBI.png

wolvesgales.png

Brave sir!  Good luck....Bleak is rough.  Yes, Timberwolves make it tough, but the biggest enemy is the wind.  The weather in Bleak is just the worst.  PV rightly gets the headlines for the blizzards, but Bleak has a worse baseline weather.   You pray for fog.  The moose are plentiful though!  The stick spawn near the washed out trailer is really good and not too far away.  But of course the residences and the house with the hut where you're staying is better shelter.  If only that was flipped.  I think I'm actually going to play some Bleak tonight so I join you in solidarity  (though my survivor will be of the newer type - more difficult but if I fail less investment).  Again, good luck.

• Upvote 1

Staying in only one region that long is indeed one of the more boring things.
You run out of things to do pretty quick in any region but BI is in fact rather empty. 
Just in case you don’t know this, if you kill all T-wolves except from one of any pack they never return and the last one keeps running away.

I would let cabin fever hit and sleep it off in the bear cave. This saves fuel.

enjoy your stay sir ☠️

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Sir Major M.oos.E Sr. said:

Just in case you don’t know this, if you kill all T-wolves except from one of any pack they never return and the last one keeps running away.

I did this a while back. The pack actually refilled itself from 1 tbw, but only after a long time and the original wolf remained scared. I left and returned to the region several times, it was not a 50-day-challenge or similar. 

• Upvote 2

I echo the above two posts, in regards to dealing with Timberwolves there. Makes it much easier. I pick them off from the parkour area above the Cannery, and after that I have free reign of that area. Plus a lot of meat/hides. Use the employee lunch area to avoid cabin fever. Tons of food & reclaimed wood to be had right there, and stick spawns are close. Some crates can be broken down to reveal multiple tins of sardines, too. (altho it's been a while since I've been there so I can't remember if that happens on Interloper) Again, all that is only worth it if you can greatly reduce the Timberwolf risk first & for long enough.

It's arguably the hardest area for a 'loper, but if you go in with the right gear at the right time, you can set yourself up for an easier stay than one might expect. Might be worth doing BRM first, to grab the noisemakers. Depends on how adventurous one wants to be in the game, OFC. (I prefer not playing too safe, otherwise the game feels more like "The Long Grind" lol)

• Upvote 1

One of the challenges I enjoy doing is doing a Gunloper type run (or one with low recovery instead of Interloper medium) and spawning in either Coastal Highway or Mystery Lake at dawn.  You get 24 hours to make it to Bleak Inlet and then you have to try to survive there indefinitely.  I count both the cave to FM and the bottom of the ravine adjacent to Bleak as allowable areas.

You can't really do a one region run in Bleak because no spawn points are at the top portion and thus you can't get cannery access.

The 24 hours though does add a bit of strategy and decision making.  The more gear you try to scrounge up in that short window the more condition you're sacrificing.

One difficulty is that you can't forge up and some of the craftables need that improvised knife.  You have to do what you can!  Good luck everyone.

Edited by dbmurph22

1 hour ago, manolitode said:

I did this a while back. The pack actually refilled itself from 1 tbw, but only after a long time and the original wolf remained scared. I left and returned to the region several times, it was not a 50-day-challenge or similar. 

Interesting. I usually don’t play more than like 200 days and only stay a few in BI so I might haven’t witnessed a respawn yet. Don’t want to spread wrong information.

Leaving BI and returning later on never triggered a respawn in my runs.

On the other hand the T-wolves often seem kinda bugged so I’m not sure there’s a reliable behavior at all.

A lot of crates have the hidden sardines underneath on loper.

22 minutes ago, dbmurph22 said:

One of the challenges I enjoy doing is doing a Gunloper type run (or one with low recovery instead of Interloper medium) and spawning in either Coastal Highway or Mystery Lake at dawn.  You get 24 hours to make it to Bleak Inlet and then you have to try to survive there indefinitely.  I count both the cave to FM and the bottom of the ravine adjacent to Bleak as allowable areas.

You can't really do a one region run in Bleak because no spawn points are at the top portion and thus you can't get cannery access.

The 24 hours though does add a bit of strategy and decision making.  The more gear you try to scrounge up in that short window the more condition you're sacrificing.

One difficulty is that you can't forge up and some of the craftables need that improvised knife.  You have to do what you can!  Good luck everyone.

I played some of the one region only on loper lately but lost interest in it. It’s not that much fun. I did FM and PV.

Anyways, I struggled with the strategy for BI because with limited matches you have to plan the needed fires for water and food very carefully. In addition you need fires to fight off the T-wolves and the wind makes torch walking super hard. Which is double bad because of the lack of fuel you have to break down a lot of crates outside in the cold without tools. The coal from the cave to FM probably doesn’t respawn fast enough.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Sir Major M.oos.E Sr. said:

I played some of the one region only on loper lately but lost interest in it. It’s not that much fun. I did FM and PV.

Anyways, I struggled with the strategy for BI because with limited matches you have to plan the needed fires for water and food very carefully. In addition you need fires to fight off the T-wolves and the wind makes torch walking super hard. Which is double bad because of the lack of fuel you have to break down a lot of crates outside in the cold without tools. The coal from the cave to FM probably doesn’t respawn fast enough.

I really like Kegstand runs, but you do give up the fun wandering and variety when you limit regions.  

With limited resources you generally want to avoid the Timberwolves altogether, though in the example I gave above which is Gunloper you can take them down.  But ammo is limited and getting moose kills are important.  And you might be able to snag a mag lens before diving into BI.  Yeah the coal doesn't respawn fast enough - you have to rely on stick runs and maybe supplementing some with breakdown.  A hammer can help there.  

I don't really do a one region BI with spawning there, because as I said they don't have an upper portion spawn point, and thus you're not really getting BI.

I completed the 50 day stay here and am currently in the transition zone between Pleasant Valley and Blackrock Prison. I had a boring final 20 days on Bleak Inlet  as I had charcoaled the map good. Spent those day fishing and gathering wood. So I packed a whole bunch of cloth and metal over to the Spence Farmstead spent a day forging a whole bunch of arrow heads so now have a whopping 28 arrows in my pouch. So I made my way to the Camp Office through the dam and then lost my well fed bonus in Pleasant Valley as I had not left myself enough food and had to scrounge for rabbits. The plan is to map out this new region and make my way to Blackrock Prison. 

TLDNR.png

So I started my 50 day stay on Blackrock Region today . Had a bit of a tough start as I caught a blizzard just as I was entering the region and I hunkered down by a fire and it didn't relent until after dark. So I had to kill the wolf guarding the creek as you enter the region in the dark so no easy task. But now I have set up shop at the electrical tower which looks like a nice base camp having a burn barrel right by the work bench. Should be good for warding off cabin fever. Made one mistake as I only packed one bow with me in this region and it's at 73% so have to scout around for some maple saplings. Going with a cautious approach for now as I have not seen any timber wolves ..... yet . 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

20 days into my Blackrock visit , I spent a few days at the substation clearing out a couple packs of timber wolves so I had a huge stockpile of meat. Then I managed to make my way to the prison where I managed to get the vest. Then I went for a visit to the mine to get the code and the noise makers and them back to the prison. The prison I had cleaned up all the scrawny wolves living there so found the place a bit of a starvation trap so I crept over to the Foreman's trailer and that's where I'm hunkered down for now. I cleared out the timber wolves here and there are some nice deer spawns. The moose is just down the road so thinking I might go hunt him for something to do. Basically want to explore the entire region. So far stealth has served me well here dealing with the wolves. The weather is windy so not great weather for outdoor cooking and I'm not getting very many Mag lens days. I'm near the Timberwolf Mountain transition cave so still debating to go back to PV through there. 

So I am holding up at the prison again as I creep towards 30 days on this map. Went all the way to the mine earlier in the run and forgot the noise makers so I made a return trip today. A couple of deer spawned by the prison so I' m sticking around here a bit for now. I need to explore the western edge of this map so a trip down the steam tunnels to the power plant is on the agenda as I want to go take out the bear for his hide. I have set some snares in the back of the prison so caught a few rabbits now to top up my food. I will say this is a better spot for the ammunition bench than the Bleak Inlet one simple because there is no obstacle course to it and I can go there and back to my base at the gatehouse. Would have been nice if they put a rope deploy on the dock so one could climb back up into the workshop without the long course. 

TLDBRPrison.png

I'm sitting at 36 days on this map and the prison which I thought was a starvation trap isn't so much after all. First off I needed to get a bear for the hide as my bedroll condition is starting to lower (33%) so I managed to make myself over to the western side of the map. I eliminated a pack of timber wolves guarding the trailer. So I held up at the trailer for a few days. I then went over the little bridge to a nice high safe spot and shot the bear. He died right near where I shot him so I managed to harvest his hide and the meat. I left most of the meat right by the carcass so if starvation ever was an issue I could go back there and grab a few ruined steaks. I went back the prison and set up a little rabbit snare trap line in the back and some  more wolves spawned so I eliminated them again so now I have a nice stockpile of food while I wait for the hide to cure. And surprise the bear spawned here in the prison so now I can add even more meat to my huge stockpile. The map although infested with timber wolves is challenging it's not a total death trap. 

Blackrockbear.png

Looks like I may have to stay on this map beyond 50 days due to the huge volume of meat I have acquired staying at this prison. I was very easily able to dispose of the bear by shooting him from a short distance from one the prison gate doors. So now I have 2 bear hides to cure and with my bedroll condition below 30% I will have to wait here until cured before ending my visit here. As soon as the bear was harvested wolves respawned right away and I added even more meat. I still have over 20 spare arrow shafts and one birch sapling so okay for now but will have to make for Spence Farmstead when these start to get low as I have a huge stockpile there. 

Day36TLDBRP.png

There's a bear spawn close to the prison ?

I have only encountered the bear south of the power plant (Bear's Bend), and the one North of Bricklayer's (Cliff Cave).

I never seen a bear in the "middle" section of the map (between the river and the ravine).

-t

7 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

There's a bear spawn close to the prison ?

I have only encountered the bear south of the power plant (Bear's Bend), and the one North of Bricklayer's (Cliff Cave).

I never seen a bear in the "middle" section of the map (between the river and the ravine).

-t

Theres a bear in the prison grounds itself.

5 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

Wut ???

Spent 70 days in Stalker, most of it in the prison, never seen it. Odd.

-t

It's pretty random from what I can gather but I've got one on this run ,on pilgrim. But I've seen them on stalker  and interloper on ytube. In the large 'yard' .