BR Mine Air Valve Handle

hozz1235

29 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Aw man, I hope there is one as I've spent days scouring the map for one 😫 I don't fancy risking my 1023 day run to see what's further in 😬

I didn't discover anything worth risking losing that run.  If you really want to experience it, start a new game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I didn't discover anything worth risking losing that run.  If you really want to experience it, start a new game.

Shame, was hoping for the holy grail or something, it'd have to be to risk it tbh 😄 At least I now know. Appreciate it, cheers 👍👊

Me either.  Nothing down there and it was probably never meant to be there either from the look of things.
I searched high and low and with the exception of the elevator crankshaft handle there definitely isn't an air valve handle.  That being said, once you get to the gas filled portion of the mine, passage is relatively quick and easy provided you aren't over encumbered and moving very slowly.  Seems to me once you make it past the gas and retreive the door codes to the machine shop, there is no other need ever go back thru the gas filled portion of the mine.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Me either.  Nothing down there and it was probably never meant to be there either from the look of things.
I searched high and low and with the exception of the elevator crankshaft handle there definitely isn't an air valve handle.  That being said, once you get to the gas filled portion of the mine, passage is relatively quick and easy provided you aren't over encumbered and moving very slowly.  Seems to me once you make it past the gas and retreive the door codes to the machine shop, there is no other need ever go back thru the gas filled portion of the mine.  

Yes, it's just one short run to the elevator and that is it. I'm just happy you get slightly increased time getting to the elevator and getting up it, that was a buzzer beater every time during the story mode.

I was so confident there isn’t one that I Risked my 1000+ day interloper running through the fog knowing there had to be an end to it and easily made it through with almost 20 seconds to spare

honestly once you loot the mine there is no reason to go back, and especially on interloper it’s a particularly brutal trek just to get there because food is fairly scarce in that area with one wolf and a handful of cattails. 
  By the way it’s BP. BR is Broken Railroad. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark

It's common to abbreviate location in TLD and with TWM we already have a three letter shortcut. BRM falls into the same reasoning. BP does not work because one - that's a gas station brand - and also because the prison is not the only thing in the region. But the region is called BlackRock Mountain officially, so it makes sense to abbreviate it the same as TimberWolfMountain.

Besides, the proposal was made by @stmSantana and he is the god of maps - his words are gospel, at least in my book :D

Edited by ChillPlayer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChillPlayer said:

It's common to abbreviate location in TLD and with TWM we already have a three letter shortcut. BRM falls into the same reasoning. BP does not work because one - that's a gas station brand - and also because the prison is not the only thing in the region. But the region is called BlackRock Mountain officially, so it makes sense to abbreviate it the same as TimberWolfMountain.

Besides, the proposal was made by @stmSantana and he is the god of maps - his words are gospel, at least in my book :D

I really don't want to argue over this... it's not worth it.  However, your assurance is in error.  The map, when starting a new character, shows the region name as simply "Blackrock," not Blackrock Mountain.  When calling up the map from within the zone, the map is labeled "Blackrock."  When entering the zone, the region is shown as "Blackrock Region."  Like Blackrock Penitentiary, Blackrock Mountain is merely a single feature within the region.  The "god of maps" is Hinterland.  If they want to clear any discrepancies to allow for a consistent acronym (i.e. if they think it's worth it), I'm sure they will.  Until then, I'll probably just type in Blackrock.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Like 1