Stuck in episode 2, mission Signal to Noise. Help!

Louis

I'm stuck in episode 2, the mission Signal to Noise. At the north tower, I successfully beat the old bear. Then retrieved the last transponder. However the quest didn't update normally. Now all three objects are checked for "Retrieve transponder parts from each tower in Forlorn Muskeg." I have reloaded many times, all with the same result. Please help.

27 minutes ago, Louis said:

I'm stuck in episode 2, the mission Signal to Noise. At the north tower, I successfully beat the old bear. Then retrieved the last transponder. However the quest didn't update normally. Now all three objects are checked for "Retrieve transponder parts from each tower in Forlorn Muskeg." I have reloaded many times, all with the same result. Please help.

Have you tried going back to trappers cabin?

If you've done the towers and got the parts off the table at the dam,then I'm kind of stumped. As I said though I can't remember it too well, I may have forgotten something. I can only suggest waiting to see if someone else can help. I'm sorry I can't be more help. Good luck though.

After you collect all of radio tower objects, you return to Jeremiah (the game also says that) but when you return to mystery lake from forlorn muskeg (in connection point) the bear must catch you and take you his cave. 
I have similar problem at final mainquest in episode 4. I reloaded the game again and again and finally the bug gone. But you said you reloaded many times and nothing changed. 
Maybe you should report the bug. Cause when episode 3 released and ı had a bug, they answered and solved my problem quickly. 

Hmmm - I could be wrong about this, though I've only been playing story mode for the first time in the last couple of weeks, so it's not so long back I completed Signal to Noise....

iirc, I didn't get any update or notification immediately on collecting the 3rd radio part (though like you the log updated to confirm I had it). The update only triggered after I spent the night sleeping in the poachers camp in the railway carriage. Maybe try that?

I got passed the mission, and figured out what went wrong. You supposed to fight the old bear twice at east tower and north tower. Somehow I "missed" the bear at the east radio tower(it did not show up or he was blind and didn't see me) anyway, I went back to the east tower, he appeared this time. I fought the bear then clicked the control box again, and the quest updated! It looks like the two fighting scenes are part of the mission and cannot be skipped.

Thanks for everyone helped here, really appreciated. 

25 minutes ago, Louis said:

I got passed the mission, and figured out what went wrong. You supposed to fight the old bear twice at east tower and north tower. Somehow I "missed" the bear at the east radio tower(it did not show up or he was blind and didn't see me) anyway, I went back to the east tower, he appeared this time. I fought the bear then clicked the control box again, and the quest updated! It looks like the two fighting scenes are part of the mission and cannot be skipped.

Thanks for everyone helped here, really appreciated. 

Glad you got it sorted! Enjoy the rest of the story!🙂

Edited by Leeanda

• 2 weeks later...

Help! I am having almost the same problem as the original poster. I have been to Forlorn Muskeg, collected the radio parts from all three towers, and fought the bear at two of the towers, the southwest one and the north one. But when I go to leave the region, nothing happens; I know the bear is supposed to attack again then, but he doesn't. I tried going to Jeremiah but I can't interact with him. My journal shows all three radio towers checked off. I have reloaded and restarted numerous times with no effect. I even went back to all three towers just to check and make sure I didn't omit anything. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

stuck game.png

Given your current situation, if the scripted game play has been derailed it may be that it is badly stuck by some action or something up to that point. 

If you're lucky enough to have a save before you went to the SE tower (where you didn't have a bear encounter), you might load that then go do the SE tower.  If you don't you may have to do more than just that tower, like the other two and redo the bear encounters and obtaining the parts.  

At worst, you may have to go way the heck back, lose all that game progress, and then proceed from there.  

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had Wintermute bug out on me a few times. I learned to keep multiple saves around so I always can go back a few steps to redo things that seemed to have buggered out.
I discovered that quick load and quick save often mess up scripted events that rely on each other in a chained manner. There I had to quit the game, restart it and reload a save where it isn't bugged out/ have started that particular set of events yet.

I had the same problem. All three Transponders checked, all parts in my inventory - no progress in the quest. BUT I found a solution:
Just revisit the towers again. I was able to take another set of parts from one tower(where the first bear attack happened) and the story went on. My guess is, if you take the parts before fighting the bear, it is not registerted correctly in the scripts. I even have one extra sets of parts still in my (quest)-inventory. Good luck!