Quality or simple tools, in TWM?

sierra 117

Hey folks so I'm wondering if anyone knows where a set of tools could spawn in or near TWM?

I am playing a custom interloper with guns so I would imagine I am subject to interloper loot /loot tables.

I have just travelled from CH bringing everything I may need for a long stay.

Arrowheads fishing hooks 3x improvised hatchets and knives. Hacksaw. Etc

Everything but tools to repair the hacksaw🙄.

Also I still have a few cargo containers to loot, I've already got the summit loot,(started in Ash Canyon,then summitted then went to Spence's to forge) but being back here at 110 days ish. I'm wondering if everything will be ruined?

Not really expecting to find much , hence why I came prepared.

Just curious if anyone else has experience with leaving the cargo containers until this far in?

Never played interloper, don't plan to, so any info I give would likely be out of line with what might actually be there.   

FWIW, in Pilgrim, aside from the Summit which you indicate you already have been to, my notes say that a cargo container (in Pilgrim there would be two containers) in Deer Clearing may contain a simple toolkit (the upper compartment of the two in the container).  In case it matters, this container would be the one on the snow with the other cargo container on top of a rocky hill.

Good luck.  This was Pilgrim info and Interloper is much much scarcer. 

Hey @sierra 117,

Just a suggestion, but you might get a little more traction if you direct your query to Interloper players in the title of your post.
I was just gonna jump in and give you my two cents, but am unable as I don't play interloper much and never actually made it to TWM when I played in that difficulty setting.  To that end, I just spent the better part of a half hour scouring the various wiki's and various other guides on steam and no where was I able to find an answer to your question.  So, very good question and now I am curious as to what you find out.  Good question!   

on a side note, I noticed you have 40+ views on the post and so far the only two responses are from two players who can't help you. 
Good luck, player I hope you get an informed reply soon.

• Upvote 2

I don't remember finding any tools in TWM ever on interloper. I think the Barn in Pleasant Valley is the closest, but I'm not sure if it's a guaranteed spawn. The cave between Pleasant Valley and Coastal Highway sometimes has quality tools. Or maybe the PV Farmhouse?

Hi thanks for the replies folks.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:18 PM, DiscoJonny said:

Hey @sierra 117,

Just a suggestion, but you might get a little more traction if you direct your query to Interloper players in the title of your post.
I was just gonna jump in and give you my two cents, but am unable as I don't play interloper much and never actually made it to TWM when I played in that difficulty setting.  To that end, I just spent the better part of a half hour scouring the various wiki's and various other guides on steam and no where was I able to find an answer to your question.  So, very good question and now I am curious as to what you find out.  Good question!   

on a side note, I noticed you have 40+ views on the post and so far the only two responses are from two players who can't help you. 
Good luck, player I hope you get an informed reply soon.

Good suggestion to direct towards interloper. I often forget we interlopers are the minority players.unfortunately I've left it too late to edit the post.

Also I should have mentioned that I have trawled Google and other forums , and could not find an answer either(sorry to waste your time)

2 hours ago, sierra 117 said:

Hi thanks for the replies folks.

Good suggestion to direct towards interloper. I often forget we interlopers are the minority players.unfortunately I've left it too late to edit the post.

Also I should have mentioned that I have trawled Google and other forums , and could not find an answer either(sorry to waste your time)

and now, for no better reason than sheer curiosity, when you have an answer to the question, would you please post it here and let me know?

oh, I just had a thought as I was writing my reply...  is it possible that somehow in your custom game that you could have turned off tools?  It's been a while since 
I've played around with custom game settings but if my wretched memory serves, I coulda sworn there was an option for tools... 
It just could be my beer addled wits...

• Upvote 1

I know that one of the cargo containers in on the summit has tools and lanterns, but since you've already been to the summit, I expect that one did not spawn (if it ever spawns). Your best bet is probably finding tools in a cargo container. I can't think of anywhere else in TWM that would have tools. 

The closest place I can think of would be the farmhouse or barn in PV, which has already been said. Does the skeeter's ridge basement have any? I think I have found some there before. 

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

I know that one of the cargo containers in on the summit has tools and lanterns, but since you've already been to the summit, I expect that one did not spawn (if it ever spawns). Your best bet is probably finding tools in a cargo container. I can't think of anywhere else in TWM that would have tools. 

The closest place I can think of would be the farmhouse or barn in PV, which has already been said. Does the skeeter's ridge basement have any? I think I have found some there before. 

just a reminder that Interloper difficulty has a completely different loot table than any other difficulty setting.  Some items may only spawn in one or two places on the entire island. 

Not this helps, @sierra 117, but I just recently started a new Interloper game and found a set of high quality tools in the parked car on the broken bridge near the bear cave in Desolation Point.  I know that's a damn long way to walk to check if you haven't been there already, but just wanted to give you a heads up.  Just in case you haven't been there yet and you still need that tool set!  can't repair anything without those pesky tools, right?

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2021 at 5:25 PM, DiscoJonny said:

and now, for no better reason than sheer curiosity, when you have an answer to the question, would you please post it here and let me know?

So I was all geared up ready to trek back to CH /ML for my tools, decided to head down to the PV farmhouse via plane crash, Burned ridge cave(iirc).

Just as I was heading down the hill from BR cave I had a light bulb moment where I just thought hmm should I check skeeter ridge while I am here (usually don't due to sneaky corner wolves)

Then I remembered wait a min, there has always been a set of  simple tools just lying in the snow next to burned cabin on lower dificulties, might aswell give it a shot. 

The gamble paid off, there they were just lying in the snow, 

Noice just saved me a trip now I can get bk to building stockpiles at Mountaineers hut.

On 11/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, Pencil said:

Does the skeeter's ridge basement have any? I think I have found some there before. 

Spot on. Thank god I remembered myself, otherwise  I would have been annoyed with myself if I had travelled all that way and then seen your suggestion.

Edited by sierra 117
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1