Coldest Temperature on Great Bear

The Ravages of Time

• 2 weeks later...

-61C? That's pretty darn cold. In fact it's only 2C above the coldest temperature ever recorded in Canada (-63C in Snag, Yukon, Feb 1947). However, the real-life record was set under clear skies, with little wind; the coldest weather in-game generally occurs during blizzards and high winds. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

However, the real-life record was set under clear skies, with little wind; the coldest weather in-game generally occurs during blizzards and high winds. 

That's one of my little quibbles with the game.  The weather is at times inconsistent with reality.  For example, you can be socked in with a thick fog and it's still like -40 C.  As far as I know that's not even possible, let alone likely.

20 hours ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

That's one of my little quibbles with the game.  The weather is at times inconsistent with reality.  For example, you can be socked in with a thick fog and it's still like -40 C.  As far as I know that's not even possible, let alone likely.

Well, in those temperatures different kind of hazy  fog actually does form quite often (can tell from own experience), particularly because it's often very calm in those circumstances... but it is not as thick as the one in TLD. TLD fog looks more like +2 celcius weather.

Anyhow RE: topic, my own experiences in the game have been in the 60's too. I have seen that the Relentless Night mod can bring it down to something ridiculous as -120 celcius, where the temp meter literally drops like a stone the second you step outside, but mods are what they are

Edited by Mistral

5 minutes ago, Mistral said:

Anyhow RE: topic, my own experiences in the game have been in the 60's too. I have seen that the Relentless Night mod can bring it down to something ridiculous as -120 celcius, where the temp meter literally drops like a stone the second you step outside, but mods are what they are

Oh wow, that's ridiculous! I wonder how it's possible to survive longer than a few days in such freezing weather. Would definitely be a challenge 

3 hours ago, Catlover said:

Oh wow, that's ridiculous! I wonder how it's possible to survive longer than a few days in such freezing weather. Would definitely be a challenge 

Relentless Night can also modify the indoor temperatures to be colder and non-static so it's definitely a challenge in addition to those nightmarish outdoor temperatures

Edited by Mistral

• 1 year later...