Episode 4 completed in 1 Hour - Here's How

Zaknafein

On 10/15/2021 at 10:17 PM, Leeanda said:

Lol! That thought crossed my mind too!🙂 Doubt they'll tell us though!

Well Raph said he won't even look at any speedruns of Episode 4 :P He respects the speedrunning community, but isn't interested in seeing how all their work can be completed so quickly.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Zaknafein said:

Well Raph said he won't even look at any speedruns of Episode 4 :P He respects the speedrunning community, but isn't interested in seeing how all their work can be completed so quickly.

I would've thought he'd want to just so he can see how to  make the next one even harder🙂

Does that mean you're not going to do the other 3 episodes then?😁

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2021 at 2:59 PM, Istvan82 said:

Now we need the Hinterland Devs reaction when someone solves the episode they worked so hard in just 1 hour 😂

Nobody solved it in one hour. This dude spent DAYS to figure out how to do it in one hour. That's not the same.

Show me someone that has never seen Ep. 4 before, and completes it in one hour. I dare to say: impossible.

-t

• Upvote 5

On 10/22/2021 at 3:40 PM, turtle777 said:

Nobody solved it in one hour. This dude spent DAYS to figure out how to do it in one hour. That's not the same.

Show me someone that has never seen Ep. 4 before, and completes it in one hour. I dare to say: impossible.

-t

Yes, that's right - there is preparation involved so it wasn't "figured out" in one hour.

That being said, though, I didn't spend days. My first playthrough of Episode 4 was mostly exploring and ignoring story. It took about 6 hours to complete. Second run was a scouting run for the speedrun and took maybe 3 hours, and then the third run was the speedrun itself. So maybe 10 hours total experience+practice+execution for this video. Normally, though, I'd say "days" is accurate - my speedrun has numerous errors and it can easily be done 10-15 minutes faster by just polishing what I did, so in a better polished and faster run... yeah, it would be days :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zaknafein said:

Yes, that's right - there is preparation involved so it wasn't "figured out" in one hour.

That being said, though, I didn't spend days. My first playthrough of Episode 4 was mostly exploring and ignoring story. It took about 6 hours to complete. Second run was a scouting run for the speedrun and took maybe 3 hours, and then the third run was the speedrun itself. So maybe 10 hours total experience+practice+execution for this video. Normally, though, I'd say "days" is accurate - my speedrun has numerous errors and it can easily be done 10-15 minutes faster by just polishing what I did, so in a better polished and faster run... yeah, it would be days :)

What with the bear chase and the goating  and the "noisemaker" incident. 😁

se ha dejado un monton de cosas llamarlo completar el episodio 4 en una hora no seria cierto. ademas que ganas con hacerlo tan rapido si de ese modo te pierdes toda la experiencia la inmersion del capitulo y parte que no te enteras de nada de la historia haciendolo de ese modo. es mi opinion

1 hour ago, mayimbe said:

se ha dejado un monton de cosas llamarlo completar el episodio 4 en una hora no seria cierto. ademas que ganas con hacerlo tan rapido si de ese modo te pierdes toda la experiencia la inmersion del capitulo y parte que no te enteras de nada de la historia haciendolo de ese modo. es mi opinion

¡Por supuesto! Sacrifica la narrativa de la historia para terminar antes. ok entonces, digo. Si es así como quiere jugar, déjalo, ¿no?

• Upvote 2

On 30/10/2021 at 23:13, piddy3825 said:

¡Por supuesto! Sacrifica la narrativa de la historia para terminar antes. ok entonces, digo. Si es así como quiere jugar, déjalo, ¿no?

si yo no digo que si quiere jugar asi que juegue por mi no hay problema cada uno juega como quiere pero eso no es completar el episodio ya que se deja cosas sin hacer se pasa de largo otras cosas que te sumergen en la historia no solo la narrativa que bueno si le quitas esa parte pues ya ni sabes como va la historia ni te enteras de nada pero lo que yo digo es eso que no es completar el capitulo eso que hacer digamos es solo parte del episodio o mejor dicho una hora del episodio 4. pero como ya digo es mi opinion cada uno juega como quiere.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2021 at 6:24 AM, Leeanda said:

I would've thought he'd want to just so he can see how to  make the next one even harder🙂

Does that mean you're not going to do the other 3 episodes then?😁

There’s so many people complaining about the difficulty level already, they might be scared of scaring players off… 

apparently the wolves are too big a problem for some people???

• Like 1