I finally looted the mine in coastal highway

Grignard_TN

This was on a stalker difficulty game. I managed to get burns twice running into wires. I was nervous the entire time because I was concerned the power would go out before i could get everything out. Furthermore, my last stalker run ended in this very spot.

It was a veritable treasure trove. I can't imagine what voyageur and pilgrim looks like.

52 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Am I missing something? Do you mean that the lift works on survival mode because I'm sure I tried it once before and nothing happened? Or am I thinking of a different mine?

The aurora has to be active. In other words there has to be power to operate the elevator. Yes this was survival mode

30 minutes ago, Grignard_TN said:

The mine in Coastal Highway down the street from the quonset hut?  When was the last time you tried? It may be something from an update. I just went in and used the elevator button the same way you do door or whatever.

Right mine! Could easily have  been  before the darkwalker update though! 

7 hours ago, Grignard_TN said:

This was on a stalker difficulty game. 

...It was a veritable treasure trove. I can't imagine what voyageur and pilgrim looks like.

imagine more loot!  lots more loot!  I did it in Voyager Mode and the loot was abundant that's for sure!
I too had a great fear of being trapped, so I took a few precautions and packed the elevator with food and supplies.  enough for a month of Sundays just in case. 
I waited diligently for an aurora and when it appeared I quickly ran to the mine,  loaded up on the all the gear until I was unable to move then hit the down button.

after unloading all that I had brought with me, I rather quickly cleaned out the mine, but not before I was so greatly encumbered that I had to make more than one trip back to the elevator in order to retrieve all the goodies.  Had more than ample time in retrospect, but the adrenaline was flowing, as were the stims and coffee!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

Lee, don't get your hopes up too much though, it's not a full fledged mine that has many levels like the one you wander around in wintermute. This one is a smaller version. Still full of goid stuff though.

Good cos the bigger version cost me a lot of lantern fuel and patience!!😀 

Still going in but now very well prepared for I am a stubborn old boot!.

Thanks all for info!! I'm in for a  treat then on pilgrim!. Just hope I don't get stuck down there!😃

On 8/28/2021 at 1:25 AM, Stinky socks said:

Lee, don't get your hopes up too much though, it's not a full fledged mine that has many levels like the one you wander around in wintermute. This one is a smaller version. Still full of goid stuff though.

You were right there! But size isn't everything ☺️I've been spoilt on pilgrim for I was not that impressed ! Sure it was ok but not worth waiting 3+ weeks for!  At least it let me in though, and I nearly got to level 5 fishing while I waited!! 

So thanks for the heads up!

Thanks to all for the info! Much appreciated!

Edited by Leeanda

• 2 weeks later...

A few helpful notes about that mine:

-The locker laying door side down can be accessed. You just need to crouch and click on the bottom edge of the door, a bit tricky but it can be done.

-Auroras can be forced. Before night arrives, pass time for 12 hours, cancel before finishing, reload, repeat until aurora occurs.

2 hours ago, Pepsiman said:

@Jaspo Is pass time trick can be used for bllizzards?

I've not tried, but I'm not sure how you'd do it, since you wouldn't know that a blizzard is starting before it starts, and once it starts its too late to pass time to avoid it.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and you're asking if the aurora can be forced if it is currently blizzarding. The answer to that is that it's possible to still get a late night aurora after the blizzard ends halfway through the night but its much much easier (much higher chance) to get an aurora if it is clear or at least not snowing before nightfall.

I've said this a few times but I always find the mine to be disappointing and totally not worth it, I mean the concept is great and the place looks unique but the loot is just... meh more regular stuff... already in abundance even on Loper loot tables

Ash Canyon has a chance of random bearskin coat just sitting outside in the snow for some reason, meanwhile the aurora mine has what... the ear wrap possibly? Which may spawn on dozen other places anyway...?

Why would anyone go there other than for boredom and/or 100% completion sake is beyond me

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

On 9/9/2021 at 2:13 AM, Jaspo said:

-The locker laying door side down can be accessed. You just need to crouch and click on the bottom edge of the door, a bit tricky but it can be done.

-Auroras can be forced. Before night arrives, pass time for 12 hours, cancel before finishing, reload, repeat until aurora occurs.

Thanks wish I'd known both of those on my last save! Would've saved a lot of waiting around!🙂

15 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

Bruh, all you do is just walk around in the snow all day anyways, why not stop by the evil underground once?!

In a way some of the HRV ice cave passages + that one cave in AC are way more "evil" for Deadman run, because if you have to go through them (for whatever reason) no matter what you do you will always get at least 1% of permanent damage from waterfalls! The chances of anything actually happening in the evil aurora mine are fairly slim on the other hand

Edited by Mistral

5 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

How come? Is it something to do with hypothermia or frostbite mechanic? I've never done interloper or deadman

When you go under/through waterfalls your "feels like temperature" immediately drops to negative, before you put your (dry) clothes back on. So that means you will have lost at least 1 health point there, as dropping to the "hypothermia risk" meter means damage. On Interloper not a big deal but on Deadman you won't get that health back as there is no health regen (except by using stims but obviously their numbers are not infinite)

Anyhow, the HRV ice cave waterfalls, there usually isn't really a burning reason to go through those passage points unless you have some sort of emergency. The PV picnic cave is even less worth it as you will loose 2HP for what, maybe a cup of coffee and fir firewood? :D

But in AC, that cave with waterfall actually provides a nice quick around route to Miners Folly and even the Gold mine... so it's sort of a nuisance to have to use the long way around  instead of the waterfall cave, but there you go... that's the evil cave! Well I guess the HRV and DP indoor wolf cave encounters are also evil but at least they don't mean automatic damage if you decide to go through

Edited by Mistral

On 9/9/2021 at 2:13 AM, Jaspo said:

I tried to find a spot on the overturned lockers this morning and had no joy whatsoever! Are you sure? I was trying for quite a while!