What are your most annoying moments while palying TLD

Mentatt76

The storm lanterns don't match up with anything in reality. I've seen mantle lanterns that have a built-in ignition source, but the in-game lanterns clearly don't have a mantle. I've seen hurricane lanterns that have an open flame like the ones seen in the game, but they require a match or something to light.

Edit: Also the lanterns in the game SOUND like a mantle lantern. But mantles are suspended at the top and emit a steady light. The one in the game has a flickering flame at the bottom like a traditional Dietz lamp.

I've never seen a storm lantern with an open flame that contains a built-in striker. And believe me, I've looked.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

Definitely those rabbits. I have more accuracy throwing stones at them from a bit of a distance, compared to right next to them for some reason, and there's always a 50/50 chance that by the time I get over there, usually right when I'm about to grab it, the rabbit then decides to make its break for freedom.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:12 PM, acada said:

But even with all these, I am still playing TLD for years. No other game except STALKER keeps me entertained for such long time.

I agree. Though there are things about the game that really annoy me, such as many of the things stated in this topic, it is a brilliant game and in my opinion, very few are as addictive as TLD. There's just something about freezing to death slowly in the Canadian wildness for weeks straight that is so oddly entertaining.

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

I agree. Though there are things about the game that really annoy me, such as many of the things stated in this topic, it is a brilliant game and in my opinion, very few are as addictive as TLD. There's just something about freezing to death slowly in the Canadian wildness for weeks straight that is so oddly entertaining.

I read a comment once somewhere that sums it up perfectly:

" ate dog food, drank toilet water, died. 10/10"

Annoying things? T-wolves, especially the sounds ☠️

On 8/3/2021 at 11:54 AM, MrWolf said:

Walking against the wind is tough, but walking with the wind is nice.   No wind is even better because I can walk with a lit torch.

The character's repetitive phrases and whining prompted me to turn voice volume to zero a long time ago and I think the game has been so much better without it.

(Looks at the name) You Guys

Edited by Michael1986

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 12:53 PM, Morgntorg said:

In broken railrod, going to the broken bridge, trying to going down from rock to rock....and immediately dying for no reason (not even falling down or else...just black screen "you died")

I have an explanation for this. The game automatically kills you because you wouldn't have any way of getting out. You need to hook up a mountaineering rope at the other end of the chasm.