What are your most annoying moments while palying TLD

Mentatt76

Walking against the wind is tough, but walking with the wind is nice.   No wind is even better because I can walk with a lit torch.

The character's repetitive phrases and whining prompted me to turn voice volume to zero a long time ago and I think the game has been so much better without it.

• Like 1

Very annoying:

• "Find the dot" minigame when trying to interact with a carcass, especially on a slope. The dot is often way off the carcass and you just have to find it. This is a relatively recent "improvement", it used to work fine.

Moderately annoying:

• Picking up items is sometimes difficult, the dot will not appear unless you approach the item from certain angle. Many rabbits escaped this way...
  • Getting stuck on minor obstacles that don't look like obstacles
  • Every time I get a sprain, my RL heart stops for a second. That's 88 seconds with no heartbeat in my current run, 660 days in. I mostly get sprains when surveying map extremities, in "normal operation" they are rare.

Mildly irritating:

• Looking for a place to roll out the bedroll in caves
  • Picking up 50 sticks one by one
  • Harvesting 30 torches one by one
  • When mis-clicking on the ground while using the lantern (typically trying to pick up a piece of coal in a mine), the game thinks I want to extinguish the lantern and changes my direction of view to look up - this confuses me

It's a great game though. Playing since 2015.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

Moderately annoying:

• Picking up items is sometimes difficult, the dot will not appear unless you approach the item from certain angle. Many rabbits escaped this way

There's nothing like following up a well placed rabbit stun from a distance with a point blank second rock throw

also featured:

*Walk up to thrown stone*

*Throw stone at stone*

Edited by darkscaryforest

Mine would be hip firing revolver. I have shot so many sticks, doorknobs, carcasses and one sun visor. On the other side I used it only two times to protect my character from ambush wolf.

But it is teaching me to holster it. Not with much success I must say. Lucky character cannot shoot its leg.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, acada said:

Mine would be hip firing revolver. I have shot so many sticks, doorknobs, carcasses and one sun visor. On the other side I used it only two times to protect my character from ambush wolf.

But it is teaching me to holster it. Not with much success I must say. Lucky character cannot shoot its leg.

How did you manage to hit a sun visor?😀. And I've tried to shoot myself several times with all the weapons, just can't do it!

The sun visor in the car was easy. My character entered car with revolver in hand. Searching car with revolver still in the hand. Then I tried to lower the sun visor and misclicked a little. So real me jumped and thrown my mouse to my cup of tea. Lucky I hit it from side, so no mouse was drown that day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acada said:

The sun visor in the car was easy. My character entered car with revolver in hand. Searching car with revolver still in the hand. Then I tried to lower the sun visor and misclicked a little. So real me jumped and thrown my mouse to my cup of tea. Lucky I hit it from side, so no mouse was drown that day.

That's hilarious😂

Cabin fever when there is a blizard outside for 3 days.

Opening 1000 sun visor, before to finally understand there is never  anything there.

Broken ribs 2 times in a row, when I try to kill a moose with gun only. Trying to climb up the rope to go to Timberwolf mountain, seeing it 's not possible for something like 10 days because of the broken ribs.

In broken railrod, going to the broken bridge, trying to going down from rock to rock....and immediately dying for no reason (not even falling down or else...just black screen "you died")

On 8/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, darkscaryforest said:

There's nothing like following up a well placed rabbit stun from a distance with a point blank second rock throw

also featured:

*Walk up to thrown stone*

*Throw stone at stone*

And the worse version, picking up a revolver shell casing, and shooting the ground because you forgot to put away the revolver

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SpanishMoss said:

. . . .  and shooting the ground because you forgot to put away the revolver

Yeah,  I waste much ammunition from carrying my revolver and accidentally firing it when picking up sticks, or similar.  I would prefer to see firing the revolver has an aiming stage like firing an arrow.

Another thing that irritates me is a stoned rabbit getting up and running away just as I am about to pick it up.

Edited by peteloud

• 1 month later...