revolver over rifle

Mentatt76

On 7/20/2021 at 4:26 PM, Leeanda said:

Try killing a bear or moose with revolver!  Before it kills you😀

of course not. What I am asking is do you really carry rifle and revolver? I for myself carry revolver as it usually has more ammo and 2.5kg lighter compared to rifle. Surely if you are out hunting for a bear you'd bring a rifle.

you dont carry all items with you all the time do you?

20 minutes ago, Mentatt76 said:

you dont carry all items with you all the time do you?

Really depends on what you're doing!  You may be doing an activity that requires no weapon at all, while other times you may be armed to the teeth.

I always carry the rifle  whatever I'm doing but the revolver only at certain times because it's really only used for bunnies and occasionally deer! Unnecessary weight for small prey! Admittedly I used to carry both all the time with all ammo but realized it's not necessary!

If I'm playing on a mode that allows a revolver I choose to carry that and ignore the rifle. I might pick up the rifle just to clean it and load it and mount it but that's about it. I like the bow much better. Revolver is somewhat redundant but I like to shoot da bunnies.

I have gotten very good at bagging wolves with the revolver. Ammo is more plentiful for the revolver and even if I miss it scares Ole Fluffy off. I lave the rile home unless I am going for big game. Mostly I hunt rabbits with rocks and deer with the bow.

Ammo is rare and precious, rocks are free and everywhere.

Happy hunting!

On 7/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, Leeanda said:

I always carry the rifle  whatever I'm doing but the revolver only at certain times because it's really only used for bunnies and occasionally deer! Unnecessary weight for small prey! Admittedly I used to carry both all the time with all ammo but realized it's not necessary!

Actually I do hunt deer pretty easily with revolver. If yo uare close enough and postioned yourself head on, single shot is enough to bring her down. Same with the wolves, if you can aim his head, he is instantly down (although when you aim they charge like crazy and you have to be very timely when to shoot)

Edited by Mentatt76

On 7/22/2021 at 2:10 PM, Luca Loquax said:

I have gotten very good at bagging wolves with the revolver. Ammo is more plentiful for the revolver and even if I miss it scares Ole Fluffy off. I lave the rile home unless I am going for big game. Mostly I hunt rabbits with rocks and deer with the bow.

Ammo is rare and precious, rocks are free and everywhere.

Happy hunting!

I hate to hunt with bow. Deer run away and die on hill tops where I can not access and my arrow is gone. That is so frustrating for me. Not to mention, unless you are level 5, you can not crouch and shoot. Thats another hinderance.

13 minutes ago, Mentatt76 said:

Actually I do hunt deer pretty easily with revolver. If yo uare close enough and postioned yourself head on, single shot is enough to bring her down. Same with the wolves, if you can aim his head, he is instantly down (although when you aim they charge like crazy and you have to be very timely when to shoot)

I'm on pilgrim so trying to get within range of a wolf is near impossible! By the time I realise they're there they run off! Only kill enough of them to get the hides for the coat anyway. As for the deer I only kill them if I'm desperate for food.. I'd rather bag the bear and moose less often than the others but have more food supplies. I don't really have much experience with the bow but am just starting to get the hang of it! Strangely I'm better at killing smaller prey with it than larger ones! I never use it for deer as I never kill them  instantly   and I never get the arrows back.

Edited by Leeanda

• 2 weeks later...

I do carry both of them in two occasions. When moving to a map I dont have one stored (otherwise I carry rifle ammo only). Second is when hunting big game. For hunt itself I have a rifle. But for moving the precious meat and guts I prefer revolver.

Third occasion is when I simply forgot to put rifle down in a base when just wandering around gathering sticks and stuff. It always ends by headpalm when I check inventory on the other side of the map.