Missing bear meat??

Jynxer

So, I’m on TWM right now. I do my usual thing, drop everything off in the hut and get my base ready. Then I go to hunt the bear  by that wing and cargo box.  I hit him once with my rifle, and he runs off.  

I do my thing and collect some wood for the forest cave in the meantime and then go back to the hut since he’s not dead yet. The next day  I see he’s dead and go to find him. I do, but as soon as I see him I also see a wolf killing a deer, so I go deal with that. I left all the meat from the deer and the pelt and went to deal with Mr bear. I quartered him and harvested all the bags leaving them in piles as I always do, so they won’t decay as fast. I collect the hide and guts and as much meat as I can carry... then I hear Mrs moose..

I drop everything but hide and guts and go to forest cave where I’ve left a loaded rifle and drop hide and guts and then get to business. 

I quartered and harvested the moose and brought half to the cave as a blizzard was setting in... cooked it all and called it a night. Then after the save I signed out. 

came back on today, and went to find the rest of my moose and bear and deer. Found the moose and deer, but none of the bear meat?! I looked and looked.  It was directly down from the deer kill! I don’t get it?

anyone had this happen before? 

The closest I have seen to meat supplies disappearing were instances, not encountered in a long time, where the meat (neatly arrayed at that) seemed to sink into the snow and would become inaccessible (some not all).  The last distinct memory of that was at the Poacher's Camp in Forlorn Muskeg where an array of cooked venison sank into the snow and some (I believe) was lost.  I attributed that to changes in the -Z- axis of the region and maybe some subtle landscape changes too.

Since the bear meat seems to have disappeared after the OP had quartered then harvested the resulting bags then departed, then signed out, and then returned to continue, I suspect that there was a glitch in the spawning of the area which left the bear meat unspawned.  There is probably an area that has the bear meat but the wrong area got spawned and presented to you.  Might put in a bug report so that Hinterland can be alert to glitches in the game.   In this case, you may not get the bear meat back, unfortunately. 

I think that might just be a glitch as mentioned. I've had random stuff disappear in the game. I lost a bunch of arrow heads once. They just magically went poof from my inventory.

I could be wrong but from my observations, bagged meat degrades much faster than when harvested (raw) meat.

I don't know about missing but today I experienced the moving elsewhere problem! 

I harvested the bear near the birch bark bear cave in PV I then moved as much as I could carry to a solitary tree in line with three trees Infront! 

Then the weather ( typical PV) set in so I went to the barn and when I got back I couldn't find the meat! After searching for about half a hour (real time) I finally found it about 50 metres away from where I'd left it!  

Definitely weird!

If you quarter an animal and leave the bags around, they'll still tick down in quality and instead of staying viable for harvest at 0%, they will vanish. I doubt this is what happened though because it just seems to be too early for it to come near to 0%.

Ya it must have been just a random glitch... nothing else weird has happened since. And I’ve killed a few more bears. I still haven’t happened upon my missing bear meat, but if a wolf did get it then that is one big fat dog by now lol! 

On 3/7/2021 at 4:29, JaySovereign said:

Si descuartiza a un animal y deja las bolsas alrededor, su calidad seguirá disminuyendo y, en lugar de permanecer viables para la cosecha al 0%, desaparecerán. Sin embargo, dudo que esto sea lo que sucedió porque parece que es demasiado pronto para que se acerque al 0%.

If there are wolves in the surroundings you can take the meat in bags, I have seen it with my own eyes, if they are in bags, the wolves take them