How frequently does that bear go through the fishing camp?

TIMBERBEAR810

If you have no food and ducked under the desk, you should be undetected. That's how I craft and during crafting, I often hear bear running through in fast forward.

I typically see him in the mornings and sometimes evenings. Haven't seen him during the day. Perhaps scheduling will be affected by difficulty set.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Stinky socks said:

If you have no food and ducked under the desk, you should be undetected. That's how I craft and during crafting, I often hear bear running through in fast forward.

I typically see him in the mornings and sometimes evenings. Haven't seen him during the day. Perhaps scheduling will be affected by difficulty set.

Ah that's genius, I wonder if it would work for that wolf nearby too

Never been attacked by a wolf while crafting. I usually craft very long span of time, like 30 arrows or whatnot, so I spend a lot of hours crutched next to that workbench. 

Your experience may vary if predator scent is turned up high or playing higher difficulties. 

If this is about the fishing camp in CH, Stinky and I seen the same, the bear passes thru at around dawn and dusk.

Personally, if I’m doing long crating sessions I do it at the gas station so not to deal with predators, but Stinky’s idea does work if u got no meat on ya. 

12 hours ago, Cranky said:

If this is about the fishing camp in CH, Stinky and I seen the same, the bear passes thru at around dawn and dusk.

Personally, if I’m doing long crating sessions I do it at the gas station so not to deal with predators, but Stinky’s idea does work if u got no meat on ya. 

... or just kill the bear and do take something from him, but not everything... so you have some time before he'll respawn. 😃... works for the wolf too.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

... or just kill the bear and don't take something from him, but not everything... so you have some time before he'll respawn. 😃... works for the wolf too.

I just left coastal highway the other day and the gulf is littered with wolves with a piece of meat next to their mouth:)

I see the bear most often near dusk walking down the road to the CH Fishing camp.  Usually there is enough lead time to set up an ambush from the promontory ledge across the road from the 3 cabins.  After stripping most, but not all, of the bear I usually can depend on 15-17 bear free days before it re-spawns.