"Master Angler" Feat

hozz1235

• hozz1235 changed the title to "Master Angler" Feat

As a Custom only player, I'm not interested in seeing any more of these grind to 1,000 types of feats added unless they enable them to be progressed in custom mode.  TBH, I don't really see the point of them at all.  The Darkwalker feat (i.e. feats earned within challenge modes) is much more appealing than the grindy ones from the main game.  Do you even ever use the similar one we already have... Expert Trapper?  I don't.

Edited by UpUpAway95

16 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

As a Custom only player, I'm not interested in seeing any more of these grind to 1,000 types of feats added unless they enable them to be progressed in custom mode.  TBH, I don't really see the point of them at all.  The Darkwalker feat (i.e. feats earned within challenge modes) is much more appealing than the grindy ones from the main game.  Do you even ever use the similar one we already have... Expert Trapper?  I don't.

No one is saying you need to have the feat - they are optional.

18 hours ago, oplli said:

I dont see how fishing 1000 fish would make them lighter but instead of lighter they could be easier to catch

50% to average fish weight = Fish would weigh 50% more

I suppose "catching more fish per hour" could be a viable benefit as well.  That having both would be OP though.

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

No one is saying you need to have the feat - they are optional.

I know that... I don't use them most of the time now anyways.  What I'm saying is that I would prefer feat acquisition not done through reaching 1,000 repetitions of a single action.  If, say, they brought out a separate fishing derby challenge of some type and one acquired the feat by completing that challenge once, I'd support it.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Omnijack said:

I think +50% to average weight is too strong, perhaps +20% would be more appropriate.

If not added as a badge, I'd be happy with a steam achievement. More steam achievements would be nice just to have.

There already is the "It Was This Big!" achievement for catching a fish over 5kg.  Instead of grinding 1,000 fish, why not make a feat also associated with catching a single big fish over 5kg, although I almost fail to see the point then of a +50% to fish weight.  If they make it another 1,000 grind, I'd almost prefer if the feat worked more like Firestarting and start the player out a Fishing Level 3... at least then giving the player a greater chance of not breaking their fishing tackle as frequently at the start of the game, when tackle may be in short supply (depending on your starting zone... e.g. TWM and Ash Canyon where scrap metal is in short supply).