I wish we could sit in chairs

Cranky

I realize this maybe silly and really has no actual purpose. 

I wish my survivor could sit on any of the many benches and chairs or next to a fire. I especially have this desire when drinking coffee and reading in the mornings or tea and reading at night. It would add a bit of cozyness or just a lil something kinda fun and comfortable for such a anguishing traveler. 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Dancewithknives said:

Chairs and couches could act like beds but without the warmth bonus. You could sit and repair/ read with less energy consumption than by standing. 

And if you are reading/sewing and your Rest bar reaches zero, it means you napped, and lose task's progress and awake a random hours later, totally disoriented hahaha

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Hermit said:

And if you are reading/sewing and your Rest bar reaches zero, it means you napped, and lose task's progress and awake a random hours later, totally disoriented hahaha

Honestly i would love that!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 4:27 AM, Old Hermit said:

It hurts me when i enter a room, after a long and exhaustive exploration, and i see that armchair calling me and i can't sink into it. I almost can feel the legs tingling.

That is exactly how I felt after a hard day and arriving at Homestead Respite in AC, and saw a chair in front of the fire.  I just wanted to light the fire and collapse into that chair.

• Like 1

As the game is a bit short on animations, I often feel like all this falls down to player imagination. I do sometimes wish there wasnt the shuffling of cards sound when "waiting" because one could just pretend to be sitting in the armchair, resting, and pondering the life. Either way, dont think this has much of a chance to be added but it would be neat little detail. What bothers me more is that the furniture cannot be repaired if broken or moved if spread around and thrown over the place. It sometimes does bother me a lot how messy the places are. I kinda miss the old, spartan-style interiors of the old game where there wasnt much in terms of equipment, but the little that was there wasnt thrown around like a gang of rowdy drunk hooligans ran through each place in TLD.