DMC with Rifle and Tea

Dalos

and so i got greedy. i carved up the one dear i was planning on. Then noticed another downed dear from a different wolf. Got his hide, 3 KG of his meat and left for my cave home with the wolf on my trail.

made it back, lit up a fire and started cooking. Wolf followed me into the cave and nearly wiped me out. Took 2 bandages and 2 topical meds to stop the bleeding and infection.

I do have a stim and two birch teas but i'll be using my time here to lick my wounds and try to find more birch or else this will be a really quick run.

Damn.

image.thumb.png.1c2d426dd5d93d9c8a8f6ff2e4ebca8f.png

Day 15 - found a few more birch barks to make some tea. Not great but i figure i am about 60% health now. Not enough to survive another wolf attack but i can't stay here and longer. Most of my stuff is cured though which is good bc i am out of cloth and my clothing is homeless level.

time to go.

image.thumb.png.80aa15620241b6490448a17cddc0eaef.png

spoiler alert. i did not kill this guy. not even sure i wounded him. i did waste an arrow, leaving me with just two. I am out of crow feathers.

i did improve my gear with the rabbit hat and gloves so i'll be heading to HRV now. let's see what's to see.

image.thumb.png.f559e4904fafb02cd1cf504cfd8df067.png

I've taken to playing customs with blood scent set to max, animal detection to max, wolf fear set to max, and wolf population to its lowest setting, as well as cranking up the damage from wildlife encounters. This is to cut down on the wolf encounters, to make them unpredictable (the wolf comes looking for scent but when it sees you its fear may cause it to run), and makes wolf struggles very dangerous... but rare. So far it's been all right as a way of balancing it all out... and given the animal populations in game realistically there are way too many wolves to be real.

• Upvote 1

hmm, that is interesting. I like that. realistically, a wolf encounter would be fairly rare but extremely hazardous. I am just determined to make a go of this because of the Dead Man element. it is damn depressing when you get yourself into a pretty good spot, decent gear and then poof.

i started a new run before i had time to think about it much.

Pleasant Valley start. Ok gear. got the bedroll though so i am going to attempt one of my earliest TWM summits. I believe the hacksaw is at the top.

Also, i am debating on whether to rename this DMC with Tea and NO RIFLE since i've had 4-5 decent length (10-14 days) runs and no rifle in sight.

Got the well-fed bonus thanks to all the cattails and now heading north.

image.thumb.png.c23d6cf1ff037fa9d470b4bceaa15420.png

Shelfed it, so 2/3rds of the summit down. Hard part down too. Still, started freezing near the end and no more birch healing at the moment. Gonna make it through the cave, sleep for a bit and then try to dump the rope i brought with me before climbing back up to sleep.

i started bringing a rope with me to make the trek back easier. Not gonna be a big problem here because there won't be that much loot to carry back with me.

image.thumb.png.31824c19f34d5ed534b85982429b5145.png

• Upvote 1

alright! Summit on day 8. and the lightest i've ever been too, btw. I only weigh about 21 KG. Made it up the long rope in a single shot, which is good bc i need a fire like a fat kid needs cake.

image.thumb.png.ca57047e31a6d06656f910f38979a299.png

• Upvote 1

summited fine. thought there would be rifle up there but nah. did pick up an ear flap. got a thin wool sweater and another pair of jeans on the way down.

then this MF happened. i was sprinting to the fishing hut at crystal lake and he got me right outside of it.

image.thumb.png.23e7b06ace89a7cd523ff4cc8bcdc7af.png

• Like 1

Undaunted!

it's like when your girl breaks up with you. The only cure is to get right back into it.

PV start again. started on the west side of the map. made it to the plane crash, got some decent stuff, but no coats. Then risked hypo on the way to the farm house where i had to burn some matches just to see around. Got a little bit more and slept.

left the next day on my way back to TWM. gonna do it right this time.

and you, you can go screw.

image.thumb.png.f6ebc82eac9ce2282e73aafaa49440a1.png

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.70426f5d9e31400451ac0dc640fec366.png

Getting snow F'd. went out and got 11 sticks  after this. came back and the fire went out. relit it but can't get the heat back up and i am sitting at -19 with little to no prospects of success.

• Upvote 1