DMC with Rifle and Tea

Dalos

here's where i hit cooking 5.

got about 8KG of venison from this guy. The plan is to keep the rifle in the cave, head on up to the office and hope that sustains me enough to craft my bear skin coat.

image.thumb.png.b3a5700db25448fbd9f71e5dd66d324a.png

well, it did. Just barely though. I had to dip into my meager food stuffs in order to complete the coat but that's fine.

I slept a night in the cave overlook and picked up another book there. Cool.

the plan now is to grab the heavy hammer from where i left it at the Lake/Muskeg tunnel and then if A. bad weather, go to the forge at the muskeg and make myself a new knife and hachet or B good weather, make it all the way to broken railroad.

slept a night in the cave at the top of the map on the muskeg. Weather is holding so i am now thinking of going all the way to  broken railroad.

i am scared though. I've been caught in a surprise blizzard on BR before and RIP. it's just such a long trek to the maint. shed.

still, i am barely maintaining on cattails and cream of mushroom soup. It's crazy what you will do when you are hungry.

image.thumb.png.24458e8f5cf7074e2bf3bde14b5cf5c5.pnga

ugh, there's a real sense of irony when you go out hunting for birch bark tea and you end up getting wolfed.

up at the hunting lodge area on BR. didn't find much of use except a few more rifle bullets. certainly no underwear.

gonna try and head out of here today, back to the Muskeg to make more tools. strange, i have never run out of sharpening stones before.

image.thumb.png.df33b626b6b80f10a8d3b545ba677b7c.png

wow, passed 100 days and didn't even realize it. now at day 103.

so i made it back through FM, stayed 1 night in mystery lake and then again at the dam. Thought i left a cooking pot there but did not so now i have to make water with stupid cans.

i need to start recovering health or else what is the point. I have used 2 stims already, although one was a total waste bc i ended up getting jumped the next day.

looking to spend some time recovering in the ravine. Should be birch there, maybe a deer and definitely no wolves.

made it there. here's my army of birch.

let the healing begin!

image.thumb.png.ba7aecb0ed378ac6f411559e203058f4.png

• Upvote 2

All told, not doing so bad. rested up in the ravine and got my health back up to about 95%. pretty good considering where i was a few days ago.

debated a bit on where to go next. I want the climbing gear but that means a trek back through Pleasant Valley, TWM just to get to the beginning of the new map.

i decided to head on over to Bleak Inlet to try and make some bullets and repair my gun. Right decision? who can say.

i will add that i made it down to the radio station on BI without much incident, stayed in the lookout and even picked up a cooking pot.

made it down the rope. I brought one with me even though there was one at the lookout (doh!)

stayed a night in the lonely cabin at the top of the map. waited on good weather and decided to make the trek to the cannery workers cabin and the fishing hut there.

I made  it just in time. This actually might be the best BI weather i can remember. The wind is usually an absolute killer.

image.thumb.png.8d87187fcfe62bc974d7d21b01e11637.png

• Upvote 2

Day 110 now.

spent a few days down near the fishing huts. climbed up to the lighthouse and found nothing useful, as usual.

rambled my freezing self up to the cannery. sprinted to the trailer. slept one hour and then peaked out, no wolves.

braved it up the ladder and around. and then an aurora hit. Yay!

made it into the cannery on my first night.

flared gunned the dirty cannery wolf and spent an hour watching him run around with my flare stuck to him. joy.

image.thumb.png.4b07c8c5da61506838138d03137983b6.png

• Upvote 1

and that's all she wrote. still, not a bad run. 110 days. spent a few days at every map except the new one. Somehow didn't get to fire starting 5 even though i lit 1,000,000 little warming fires.

image.thumb.png.197fb8aee26971f63d18b0ad46ad7e55.png

Ooof, what a run - thanks for sharing your adventures.  I did dip into Bleak Inlet (just the  top part) on a previous undocumented Rifle Tea DMC game and lost half my health and over half the rifle rounds I found in that game, but did snag some nice booty at the radio hut.

the loot is nice but man that Bleak Inlet is a tough customer. I would say it is my least favorite of all the maps. Not in the sense of "it's tough, tough by fair". I mean least favorite as in i don't want to ever go back there but it is unique so i must.

let's fast forward some time. I started another run, because of course i did. Tough start but it ended up working out. I changed the rules a bit to allow handguns as well as rifles. Why? bc i wanted to dammit.

anyway, TWM start. did get the handgun and a bunch of bullets when i treked down to PV. i also got the hacksaw. I went back to TWM and summited. When i came back down, there was a moose waiting for me on the way out of the mountain. It took 12 revolver shells but i downed him finally. I even lugged all 30 KG of meat back to the mountaineer's hut and my stone fridge.

stayed there a good long time while making deer pants, rabbit hat and gloves. am about a +18 warmth now.

ate all my food and made the satchel (yes!)

thought briefly of heading up to the new map to get the climbing gear but my only weapon was the handgun, 4 bullets and it was at 18% condition.

Decided to head to a forge. So down to the thomsons crossing, then out through Coastal Highway and the the Point.

Had a good run at the point, picked up the rifle in that last car before the crumbling high way and then another revolver (38% condition) from the whaling corpse. Forged a hatchet, knife arrow heads and arrows.

Now i am 40 days in. I am at the fishing village at Coastal trying to catch fish. not doing great at that.

i have 4 wolf hides cooking and deer hides ready to make boots. Plan is to chill hear till all is cured and then climb out to the raving and then the damn to forge there. Will need food for the trip and the crafting and i ate most of my cattails but so far it is a good run.

here's my gear.

image.thumb.png.488abb598530878ebc50d2b582e4c588.png

• Upvote 1

ah, it preserves the condition of the meat for quite a long time. It doesn't matter once you hit cooking 5 but until then it helps.

I remember when i first started playing i'd cook up a deer or whatever and i'd store it indoors and after a night or two it would be rancid. Then i started trying to sleep in spots where there's an outdoor container, fishing hut drawer or backpack. You live and learn.

about day 55 now. Killed bear # 2 at trappers. Two bullets for him. Once in the head and then caught him in the butt as he was running away. gonna leave his hide in the cabin and then head down to Milton for a bit.

image.thumb.png.2a785aee4b4aa31f3f51fceba2dc06ec.png