Interloper blues

saultiens

Hi all,

I have been playing since early Alpha and loved the original punishing survival experience.

I took a few years off from TLD, but got hooked a few months back on Winter's Embrace.  I survived that fairly easily, and then decided to try  'As The Dead Sleep'.

After many attempts, I finally finished that challenge and decided to spin up an Interloper save.  Again, after several attempts, I got off the ground and now have a 100 day save on Interloper.

Now the question is - what to do next?  Any advice on custom saves or other ways to continue to enjoy the game?  I tried to create a Stalker save, but as soon as I found the rifle, it was open season.  It's not really challenging to me.

Thanks in advance!

long game interloper you kind of need to set goals for yourself or be a collector.  try to gather all of some types of resource or like i do, collect and move all skill books to one location to make a pretty table covered in books.  stockpile huge amounts of resources, enough for more days than most can stomach playing.  explore 100% of the map etc 

On 10/12/2020 at 10:47 AM, saultiens said:

Hi all,

I have been playing since early Alpha and loved the original punishing survival experience.

I took a few years off from TLD, but got hooked a few months back on Winter's Embrace.  I survived that fairly easily, and then decided to try  'As The Dead Sleep'.

After many attempts, I finally finished that challenge and decided to spin up an Interloper save.  Again, after several attempts, I got off the ground and now have a 100 day save on Interloper.

Now the question is - what to do next?  Any advice on custom saves or other ways to continue to enjoy the game?  I tried to create a Stalker save, but as soon as I found the rifle, it was open season.  It's not really challenging to me.

Thanks in advance!

Nicely done!  The next steps would be a custom game or an Interloper game with restriction.

Sleepwalker run in which you have no rest recovery, but only awake recovery.  There's different levels of Sleepwalker, but the most severe would be high calorie/thirst/fatigue, etc and awake recovery at low.

You could do a custom between Loper and Sleepwalker with the recovery at sleep to low.

Deadman would be no recovery at all (no birch bark tea either).  Max Deadman is all the hardest settings with no recovery, but you could do Loper with no recovery for a type of Deadman.

Birch Bark Tea is also a thing to consider.  You could do Birchman, which is Deadman but you have the Tea on.  You could add Tea to the Sleepwalkers too.

Other ideas are Loper but with restrictions - ie you can only survive in one region (or 2 or 3), you can't wear any non-crafted clothing, or you can't go inside structures (Outerloper).

Hope you find something fun for yourself.  Glad you came back to play!

Murph

• Like 1

I'm currently trying an interloper run that you spend at least 50 days at all the regions I'm 200 plus  days in and working on Timberwolf Mountain. Have Mystery Lake, Pleasant Valley and Desolation Point completed . Need 27 days more on Coastal to go later. But is going to get real tough (if I survive) when I have to stay on Forlorn Muskeg / Bleak Inlet 300 days in to the run. 

• Like 1