Decaying food

Dederus

It becomes 'ruined' after degrading to 0% condition- if it is in a storage container (or if you put ruined meat into a storage container) then yes, it does disappear.  However, if you cook ruined raw meat it will go back up to 50% condition, so if you want to risk food poisoning or have maximum cooking skill then you can store meat indefinitely.  Still gives you the same calorie value too.

Edited by Valuable Hunting Knife
typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

It becomes 'ruined' after degrading to 0% condition- if it is in a storage container . . .

A good explanation.  This degradation of food does not make sense, but my survival depends upon ruined meat all of the time.  There needs to be a more rational degradation, but I'm not sure how it could be done.. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

if it is in a storage container (or if you put ruined meat into a storage container) then yes, it does disappear.  

Will it disappear if it is on the ground?

On 6/15/2020 at 1:18 PM, atomic said:

No, it will only dissapear when it 's condition reaches 0% AND it's in a storage container.

Or when it is on the ground, update happens and 0% meat is placed into red box.

• Upvote 3

On 6/19/2020 at 7:22 PM, acada said:

Or when it is on the ground, update happens and 0% meat is placed into red box.

That's true 😉 Happened to me when EP3 came out, as far as I remember. But not in all regions (at least not in TWM).

3 hours ago, atomic said:

That's true 😉 Happened to me when EP3 came out, as far as I remember. But not in all regions (at least not in TWM).

But hey I am not complaining. You know. We store meat on the ground outside. There are animals outside. Carnivors. When it happen, I just count it as toll to the fact animals are usually polite in the game and dont eat our stored meat.

Yeah, very true. I wasn't complaining either. After the initial panic I reminded myself that this is a game, a survival game. And relaying on keeping tons of decaying meat on the floor whereever, might not be the most clever idea. I hunt less bears and game now. I'm far more after rabbits now. Meanwhile, after 996 days of my pilgrim run, I'm almost not afraid of going out of food. It really makes me enjoy the game even more.

I have more moose and bear meat at Bleak Inlet than I can easily store, so I have stopped cooking rabbits. And I feel bad for the terrified wolf that runs away every time I come back to the cannery. So I have started dropping rabbits and rabbit meat for her in the front yard next to the road. And it looks like she took two rabbits. Unless they despawned. Dunknow. I like to think we are friends now and I can share some food with her.