I Wanna Leave Bleak Inslet, need a little help, please?

piddy3825

Been a while since I played this particular character but I find myself in the cannery in Bleak Inslet and I'm ready to leave.  Only thing,  I can't remember how in the heck do i get off this map?  Aren't there two ways outta this region?  I guess I should'a sketched some of the map on my way in?   I hoping for a little direction on the best way out that also avoids multiple fangy encounters.  There's a T-wolf pack just outside the door now circling the docks waiting for me to show my face again.  Of course I will be traveling slightly over encumbered on account of all the bullets in my backpack.  😉

If you dont mind helping a fella out, please provide me with some directions  on how to get outta here.  Thanks, any  assistance greatly appreciated

You don't say exactly where you are, but I gather you're in the workshop and the wolves are on the ice below?

Do you know that you can get from the workshop back to the main level without going down to the ice first? (There may be other ways, but I usually go into the building next to the workshop, cross on the green piece of machinery that spans the gap, then jump down to the main level.) That's what I'd do, then head out to the front gate, turn right and go through the fence out onto the ice (if no wolves), then over the ice to the workers quarters. The route from there up the right side  of the river to the little cabin is generally wolf-free. From the cabin you can climb the rope and then head up the valley to the ravine.

If you don't want to go that route, you can cross the road and veer a little left, over toward the washed-out trailers. From there you can continue mostly straight across the delta to the cave to FM. This way is probably wolfier than the other way, though.

Will probably require some crouch-walking, but should be okay.

1 hour ago, Dr. S. said:

You don't say exactly where you are, but I gather you're in the workshop and the wolves are on the ice below?

Do you know that you can get from the workshop back to the main level without going down to the ice first? (There may be other ways, but I usually go into the building next to the workshop, cross on the green piece of machinery that spans the gap, then jump down to the main level.) That's what I'd do, then head out to the front gate, turn right and go through the fence out onto the ice (if no wolves), then over the ice to the workers quarters. The route from there up the right side  of the river to the little cabin is generally wolf-free. From the cabin you can climb the rope and then head up the valley to the ravine.

If you don't want to go that route, you can cross the road and veer a little left, over toward the washed-out trailers. From there you can continue mostly straight across the delta to the cave to FM. This way is probably wolfier than the other way, though.

Will probably require some crouch-walking, but should be okay.

In the workshop as guessed.  Yes, aware of the broken stairs, use it often.  So the route to the right up past the cannery workers residence, is that rope always there or was that the one I would have deployed when I was up there?  Been so long since I played this map, I dont remember if I deployed a rope or not...   😨

• 2 weeks later...

btw, is there any incentive to go to the Bleak Inlet on interloper ?

I went couple times, died once, second time I survived  and escape but I lost so many ressources and health I didn't the point. 

Maybe I'm not good at managing Timberwolves, but I had to go through 3 hard fights with them, 2 on my way, 1 as I stayed to recover in the workshop, and 1 to escape.

Made some ammo to see how it works but you don't have any firearm on interloper anyway.

5 hours ago, JMK said:

btw, is there any incentive to go to the Bleak Inlet on interloper ?

I went couple times, died once, second time I survived  and escape but I lost so many ressources and health I didn't the point. 

Maybe I'm not good at managing Timberwolves, but I had to go through 3 hard fights with them, 2 on my way, 1 as I stayed to recover in the workshop, and 1 to escape.

Made some ammo to see how it works but you don't have any firearm on interloper anyway.

I guess in that case, you're right.  why bother going?  You dont have any guns, so why go thru all the trouble to get to the cannery to make bullets when you got nothing to shoot them out of, right?  There is a forge in the workshop cannery so you could craft tools and arrowheads but you can already do that without having to travel to Bleak Inlet.  Other than a big change in scenery there is no better loot to be had and the constant patrolling of the T Wolf pack there coupled with the burdensome manadatory rope climb each time you wish to enter the workshop just make it less desireable as a home base in my opinion.   The outlying areas, however, do have some utility and charm providing good sources of firewood for fuel and deer and rabbit for sustainable hunting.  The T Wolf packs continue to roam the countrysides but spaced out a little further apart which does make dealing with a bit easier.  

I haven't been to BI on interloper, but I spent some time there with just a bow recently on Voyager in preparation for visiting on interloper (once my current interloper run gets to archery 5). In my experience it's pretty easy to keep the T-wolves suppressed with a bow if you have archery 5. I can think of a few reasons to go there:

1) The cannery workers' residence is actually a very nice place to hang out. It has an indoor fireplace, is wolf-free (in my experience), close to beach combing, has a very accessible fishing spot, and has a very easy-to-kill bear. It's also close to the six-burner stove at the ruined lighthouse.

2) You can repair tools using the milling machine during auroras. So if you run out of whetstones, you can still repair your improvised knife or hatchet indefinitely.

3) There is a convenient moose spawn location near the washed-out trailers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr. S. said:

It's also close to the six-burner stove at the ruined lighthouse.

That is actually the single most efficient cook surface in the entire game.  It's got 6 burners AND the duration bonus from being outdoors.