Too Many Spray Paint Cans

vta4ever

Spraycans aren't rare on higher difficulties either. After scavenging around 60% of the world in a new interloper game I've found something like 85 billion cans. So I will certainly be able to spraypaint armageddon when it arrives and anything beyond.

2 hours ago, Dederus said:

I found a lot of them but they get destroyed very fast. I used 9 to paint the way from a shore to an island on the costal highway and it was not enough. 

". . . from a shore to an island . . . "

Ii is not necessary.  I least I can't remember any occasions when I have needed such guidance.  I ignore the paint sprays and have no wish to carry around such heavy objects.

14 hours ago, peteloud said:

". . . from a shore to an island . . . "

Ii is not necessary.  I least I can't remember any occasions when I have needed such guidance.  I ignore the paint sprays and have no wish to carry around such heavy objects.

I did it to find my way on ice during storm. It saves live.

6 hours ago, Dederus said:

I did it to find my way on ice during storm. It saves live.

lol,  what?  did you spray paint a spot ever 5 meters?  Maybe one orientation arrow  that points you in the right direction.  with auto walk now, you should just be able to point your character in the appropriate direction and just walk til you get to land.  Back before paint, I would drop tinder plugs, before I that I dropped rose single rose hibs in line and they never faded or got covered in snow.  you may wanna give that method a try seeing you probably used up every can of paint on CH, lol   😉

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it can be helpful to mark ice for blizzards. I've done it but spray cans weren't available at the time. That's what they're supposed to be there for so it makes sense. I think one advantage is the arrows. You can of course makes arrows out of other items but I would hope the paint would be easier to use.

• Upvote 1

I use spray cans for any area i set a snare, building that contain loot that i want to come back for, any cave i use as a base (or i'll let a rock cache mark it). etc etc. I feel based on how quickly i use them, there just enough to make sense. I dont over do it, but i also wont be marking walking paths with tinder plugs (I dont have time for that) 

3 hours ago, dustinmico said:

Has anybody been able to get rid of used up spray cans?.. seems like they don't go into a ruined state where you can place them in storage and they disappear. So I place them in my filing cabinet.. filed under gone but not gone.

I line the old cans up along the top of an old fence or put them on stumps and use them for target practice.  Seems i miss a lot???