Tinder plug vs. papers & news

Moll

So, whats the point of papers, news, new rolls, when they have exactly as same function as tinder plug and they just exist as source of tinder plugs, when harvested? 

I think it would be much more interesting using news and stacks of papers as low chance accelerant (still possible to harvest for tinder plug too), when we have those items in game and they are redundant little bit present days (cuz tinder plugs are easy to get anyway by harvesting sticks).

it makes sence, when add more paper, chance to create fire is much higher.

@Admin Not sure if suggestion or not. But please think about additional paper accelerants. 

Edited by Moll

• 2 weeks later...

Although they do serve the same purposes, I've noticed that paper seems to have a better success rate at igniting under some conditions as compared to wooden tinder plugs.  Depending on where you are with your fire craft skill set, you may get different outcomes when attempting to light various materials.  For example, using a tinder plug and a piece of reclaimed wood, doesnt always ignite satisfactorily, but a newspaper and reclaimed wood will.  Your results may vary depending on your fire making skills.  I've got the fire starter badge, but rarely elect to use it when launching a new sandbox.  Depending on how long you can keep your character alive, there does come a point in game progression where your fire starting ability allows you to start fires without the need for tinder or even accelerants. 

• 2 months later...

Any form of tinder has the same effect--it simply allows you to start a fire at level 1 or 2.  You don't have to harvest paper for tinder plugs, it's just that the idea is if you do, you're taking the time to prepare the paper in a way that makes it more combustible.  Increasing the surface area, that sort of thing.  Which is kinda like real life, I mean if you took a cotton ball and tried to light it on fire, yeah it'd burn.  But if you took the time to tease it out a bit and increase the surface area, it'd burn faster and hotter.

Paper used to be more useful way back in the early days of the game, when there was a lot less of it around. Now, there's so much of it to be found that it's just an annoyance.

Personally, what I'd like to see is that, if you collected enough of it, you could stuff it inside your clothing as insulation, giving you a warmth buff. Of course, it would probably make a hell of a lot of noise when you walked around!

• 3 weeks later...