The Old Shipyard

• 4 years later...

@Raphael van Lierop Well, I had a previous Wish List wish that we could go to Jamaica via this new region. A lot of people didn't like it, so I basically scrapped the idea. But my region idea remains: " The Old Shipyard"

By the way, I'm in the Stockholm time zone, so it's a little hard to have direct discussions with you.

On 5/11/2024 at 10:38 AM, Raphael van Lierop said:

I have now.

Are we going to Jamaica?

I think Raph just gave us a teaser of where the setting will be for his new game!  J/K!!! ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• Hinterland
On 5/11/2024 at 10:39 PM, Pyroxene said:

@Raphael van Lierop Well, I had a previous Wish List wish that we could go to Jamaica via this new region. A lot of people didn't like it, so I basically scrapped the idea. But my region idea remains: " The Old Shipyard"

By the way, I'm in the Stockholm time zone, so it's a little hard to have direct discussions with you.

That's the benefit of forums -- the communication is asynchronous!

I'm curious why you thought of Jamaica in particular? 

Love the idea of the shipyard and the research station. I do think you'd want to have it South of Hushed River Valley, though? Especially now that you can see where the Far Territory is in relation to places like Broken Railroad, you can see that the ocean and any islands would probably have to go to the south? Unless you are imagining HRV being the "end" of Great Bear Island (which I don't think our current world map really indicates...)

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

That's the benefit of forums -- the communication is asynchronous!

I'm curious why you thought of Jamaica in particular? 

Love the idea of the shipyard and the research station. I do think you'd want to have it South of Hushed River Valley, though? Especially now that you can see where the Far Territory is in relation to places like Broken Railroad, you can see that the ocean and any islands would probably have to go to the south? Unless you are imagining HRV being the "end" of Great Bear Island (which I don't think our current world map really indicates...)

Oh! I always imagined the end of Great Bear island lay "north" of Hushed River Valley. But that was speculation.

I wanted to suggest a tropical country. Initially I thought of Cuba or Mexico, but Cuba is not a "neutral" political state like Canada. So I chose Jamaica instead. Mexico is too large, and I wanted to keep the "island" feel.

I'm imagining that the Jefferson Research Station could be connected to the Tales also. An outpost for polar science.

• Upvote 1