Pass Time Hotkey

gamejunger

• 2 weeks later...

He probably means like a way to press and hold the pass time button to speed up time. I personally never pass time anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. However, it makes sense that the character takes out the cards to pass time, so I guess no from me too.

Edited by Aurimas
  • Upvote 1

On 4/25/2020 at 11:44 AM, Aurimas said:

He probably means like a way to press and hold the pass time button to speed up time. I personally never pass time anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. However, it makes sense that the character takes out the cards to pass time, so I guess no from me too.

I do think it would be cool if we could actually do stuff like play with a virtual card deck or read some royalty-free books.

• Upvote 2

Pressing a button to pass time would be pretty deliberate? I mean times that I do not do things deliberately are throwing rocks trying to pick rabbits up but that's probably the consolitis coming into play more than anything. And for that exact same reason I don't think we will ever see a button to pass time. That would require more buttons on a controller, or for them to allow PC players to bind actions properly like you could do back in 1996 in games like quake. It's a long lost time, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Admin said:

Please keep in mind that it is possible to debate and disagree without resorting to insults. Posts hidden.

Now I want to know what he said. The long dark isn't about clicking as many buttons in a precise order, so not having hotkeys for every action is a nice change of pass from the other game I have been playing for years Starcraft two. If it's really bugging you though, just think of the extra click as you having to get out your deck of cards.

In 1996 quake you could bind a key to a whole bunch of actions. For TLD it would be

Bind mouse1 "+attack; +use"....I probably left a few out there but you could just keep adding them in no problem

People could then choose to bind everything to one key or not. I am sure you could make it all nice in the GUI too.