Can the bear reach me if i shoot him from the top of the riken?

Skelegutplays

I was at the riken, peacefully cooking some rabbit and boiling water UNTIL mr. Bear comes along and scared the shit out of me. The encounter went like this. 

Bear- *walks to riken*

Me- *cooking rabbit meat*

Bear- *growl* (he did not charge me)

Me- *Looks up*

Also me- HOLYSHITGETINTHEBOAT

Then i ran straight into the boat and exited the game, im still shaking as im writing this lol.

Now i wanna get revenge on him for nearly giving me a heart attack, i was thinking i get on top of the boat and blast his face into a shish kebab with my revolver. I just have one question about this which is. If i shoot him from on top of the boat, will i be safe from his attacks?

I could also try shoot him from the small thing on top of the boat with the ships helm with the container, would he reach me there even if he would climb on the deck of the ship?

Edited by Skelegutplays
Typo

3 hours ago, Skelegutplays said:

I could also try shoot him from the small thing on top of the boat with the ships helm with the container, would he reach me there even if he would climb on the deck of the ship?

Whatever you do, DONT let mr bear get hold of the harpoon.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Update- blasted his head with the revolver and he ran away, but then i got an aurora and he respawned. I saw him walking on the highway the next morning... Next time he does that he will be dead from a 303 to the head. I managed to work my way to hibernia processing and im going to find that rifle... Gotta watch out for the wolves over there. I think i will have meat for days.

That spot's pretty sweet.. Whenever I see him coming, I run up to the topside and size up a headshot. It's awesome to be so close to shelter when you're hauling heavy meat bags after quartering. If I miss the header, at least I can see for miles up there and track him easier.

typically no, however here lately most wildlife is ignoring the laws of physics and are levitating/going through walls in order to try and get to people now......Iv personally been molested by a moose that somehow got through the entrance of one of those storage sheds in PV that hold the hay bails, and a bear got me "through" a storage container on TWM.....both times, the animals just went right through a solid object as if they turned on the ability to clip through walls.

Be careful on the deck of the Riken.  Sometimes a corpse spawns there and for me reminds me not to stand too close to that side.  Mister Bear and i had an appointment recently and I was on deck.  After sticking an arrow in him he got really mad.  The bear tried to skirt up the side of the boat.  In a thread of mine I discussed how a player can goat style up the side of the Riken and climb towards the harpoon.  The bear was climbing exactly the same way and cautiously I took a few steps back and prepared to jump ship.  

On 2/6/2020 at 1:41 PM, manolitode said:

Whatever you do, DONT let mr bear get hold of the harpoon.

This is serious advice.  

• Upvote 1