Retrieving shot arrow

@LowSpeedHighDrag
You have to pick them up individually.  If they are sticking up our of the carcass you just hover over them an pick them up like you would anything else on the ground... if you unfortunately hit the animal on the side the carcass is now laying on, sometimes you can pick up the arrow again after it despawns (which it does more quickly if you do harvest it clean)... sometimes they are just lost forever.

Arrows are meant to be used multiple times and when one is lost it definitely hurts.

Edited by ManicManiac

@LowSpeedHighDrag, it's also possible that your arrow hit it's mark and started the bleed out... then after the critter was running it might have been "kicked off". 
I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not (I like it personally) but:  I'd found a wolf I shot, couldn't find the arrow, and much later found the arrow a considerable distance from the kill.  It seems like it "fell off" while the wolf was running or perhaps it ricocheted after it hit?  I don't know but I've found more than one arrow I shot in places where the animal had turn too (which is why I make the assumption). 

Edited by ManicManiac

If you quarter a carcass with an arrow in it, you will destroy the arrows, heads and all.

Found that the hard way with a bear full of arrows and night coming on. I quartered the bear so I could grab hide and guts and hike back to mountaineer's, but I discovered that when you quarter an animal all of the arrows in it disappear. Cost me like six arrows.

I never did that again.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:39 PM, stratvox said:

If you quarter a carcass with an arrow in it, you will destroy the arrows, heads and all.

Found that the hard way with a bear full of arrows and night coming on. I quartered the bear so I could grab hide and guts and hike back to mountaineer's, but I discovered that when you quarter an animal all of the arrows in it disappear. Cost me like six arrows.

I never did that again.

Sounds like he couldn't see the arrow potruding so was it just buried under the carcass (which has happened countless time with me) or sticking out where he couldn't see it?

On 8/29/2019 at 3:49 PM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Hello,

I've recently killed a wolf with a bow & arrow. But for some reason I didn't have the option to retrieve the arrow itself. When I clicked the option to "harvest" I chose the quarter. If that helps?

Question:

Can you retrieve the shot arrows? or are they one time use only?

come back the next day after you've harvested.  arrow will typically be there on the ground nearby.  I shot a bear the other day and the arrow sunk in all the way to the feathers... I couldn't retrieve my arrow as everytime my mouse hovered over the arrow, the harvest blurb kept popping up.  I figured, another arrow lost.  I ended up just taking the hide on my first pass at harvesting.  When i returned the next day, the arrow was on the ground.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:31 AM, piddy3825 said:

come back the next day after you've harvested.  arrow will typically be there on the ground nearby.  I shot a bear the other day and the arrow sunk in all the way to the feathers... I couldn't retrieve my arrow as everytime my mouse hovered over the arrow, the harvest blurb kept popping up.  I figured, another arrow lost.  I ended up just taking the hide on my first pass at harvesting.  When i returned the next day, the arrow was on the ground.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!