Gloves negatively effect shooting

mizel103

Firing a gun while wearing gloves is a big no-no as far ad I know, and with some of the gloves in the game being thr type that don't have individual finger slots, it's basically impossible to pull the trigger if you think about it.

Maybe they can add a mechanic that forces you to remove certain types of gloves before you're able to shoot, or hinders your ability to pull the trigger/land shots when you have gloves on.

• Upvote 1

While certainly realistic, I can only think of two effects here: 

- increased micromanagement (gloves off, shoot, gloves on ... lots of clicking involved)

- maybe a few more deaths in case you forget to remove your gloves while the wolf comes running at you 

Did I miss something? If these are the only effects, you can achieve the same (gameplay) result by increasing the difficulty level. 

You could always just have the gloves automatically come off your hands when you take out the gun and are carrying it around and then put it away and they automatically are placed back on. This would also allow the driving gloves to have some use outside of early game were you don't use them once you find better ones. 

I would like this and also being able to see the gloves you are wearing as well. 

• Upvote 1

You could possibly add a debuff for wearing thicker gloves, similar to movement debuffs on heavier clothes.  What would make sense to me though is a decrease in reaction time when drawing or aiming a firearm.  I know personally when I hunt, I have to use thinner gloves or fingerless gloves, because I sometimes have a hard time getting my gloved finger inside the guard to reach the trigger (unless the firearm has an enlarged finger guard).  Definitely agree this would add a practical utility to the driving gloves, other than a source of materials or "it's all I could find" gear.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:12 AM, XaldinVii said:

You could always just have the gloves automatically come off your hands when you take out the gun and are carrying it around and then put it away and they automatically are placed back on. This would also allow the driving gloves to have some use outside of early game were you don't use them once you find better ones. 

I would like this and also being able to see the gloves you are wearing as well. 

This.

• Like 1