Conqueror, raider or...

Doc Feral

How would you define your gaming style? I'm definitely a conqueror. When I start exploring a region I collect all plants, saplings, food, the hide from every carcass, every tool, and harvest all curtains and low quality apparel and create a few well stocked outposts (more like strongholds), while mapping locations. And I have to force myself not to slay all potentially hostile wildlife when I have the occasion. If there's a wolf munching on a deer or bunny it takes some serious effort to just move along. Not to mention bears. Of course I play stalker, so resources are enough and wolves... well, more than enough.

My play-style is practically identical.  Although, I prefer to call myself a Gatherer/Explorer.  Although, I also very rarely pass up the opportunity to hunt something (the one exception lately has been deer).  I will always hunt bear or moose I come across.

Guest kristaok

Probably conqueror too, but I have been trying to change by only hunting what I need etc.

3 hours ago, kristaok said:

Probably conqueror too, but I have been trying to change by only hunting what I need etc.

Now that I'm exploring Timberwolf Mountain for the first time I managed to leave two out of three bears alone, and even a wolf I saw eating a deer. One bear was definitely too close to my temporary camp. The others were lucky, I was too much in a hurry. It's MY land to rule, after all!

Edit

Another thing: I'm a total Scrooge! So if I can get a good bargain from an arrow I'll never miss the opportunity, no matter how many steaks I already have in a snow mound or how many pelts are carpeting my base. Killing a feeding wolf gives two skins and more meat than simply a wolf or deer. And when it comes to bears... as said before, with one well placed arrow I can have a bear hide, ten guts (I always quarter big ones) and enough meat to keep partying for weeks. It's just too tempting.

Forward recon scout.  I gather all of the critical resources in a region and stash them at a safehouse, centrally located on the map.  I leave the natural medicine components where they are in the field, unless I have an imminent need for them.  Then move on to the next region while the saplings and any hides/gut I've gathered cure.  Once all regions are looted and I have a viable safehouse in each region, I backtrack.  I then fully map all regions, taking care to get rid of all the black smudges.  Then once all regions are thoroughly mapped and looted, I do one of two things: Either haul everything to one central location as a heavily fortified zone and just kind of play house until I get bored and start over, or become semi-nomadic, spending a month or so in a location before moving on.

Rogue-Berserker-Adventurer hybrid. I play fast and loose, and tend to play more of a quiet and stealthy game in Stalker, a crazy nut with stabby things who runs at everything in Voyageur, screaming at the top of my lungs. but I also like to explore, a lot, and find every nook and cranny on the game maps, and will keep doing so, regardless of which mode I am playing. And I don't like to settle down in one spot for long, I like to keep moving, and looking for new trouble to get into.

I have no single, set playstyle, it shifts depending on mood, and what the game throws at me. I will never play Loper that much and won't bother trying the DMC. Because... I like to laugh and have fun while I play, not stress out over having "perfect" runs, and freak out because I missed one crucial flare somewhere, that I MUST have to stay alive. Screw that, that is not fun for me. I like to do absolutely ridiculous and silly things, on the spur-of-the-moment, in a setting where I might actually be able to get away with it, and have a great story to make people laugh the next day. 

So...

Part Court Jester  and Bard as well.   :p

19 hours ago, kristaok said:

@Doc Feral I admit I can't help going for a two for one Special, if I see a wolf feasting I will try to snag them too lol. 

I consider this a mini-game for me:  chase a rabbit or dear into a wolf = easy kill & pickings.

The "herding" part can be a challenge at times!

5 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

What mineral deposits are you finding(besides coal)?

I was using the term as borrowed from F-NV as used by the old man from Goodsprings... where he mentions he prefers the term "Prospector" rather than Scavenger.

Archived