Save zone mode (And other)

Aries6

Hello/ It seems to me necessary to add a mod (Button... F3 example) showing Savezone temperatures (protection from winds) In the form of points (maximum and minimum temperatures), and NPS vision zone. This can be done in the form of Skills / By pressing or by the profession after using the Mushroom tincture)) (yes, I thought that ...)

2. Please add an Auto-Move key

otherwise my keyboard won't last long3CmczjS2Iv.jpg

3. Hand-to-hand combat mode!)))

5c73dab3bfd1d_TheLongDarkSaveSones.jpg.dba81a714d083eaeb9839c866f3bc341.jpg

1 hour ago, Hotzn said:

I don‘t understand this request.

what exactly?

I foresee the legend of this ability The main character discovers an Indian manuscript containing a recipe for a tincture of mushrooms (unlocked in cooking after studying) after receiving which he can see these zones by pressing a given key for a couple of seconds. Sections Maximum temperature, minimum. Another tincture of the berries - allows you to see the field of view of animals (in which area they notice you).

---------------------

I assume that the TLD has a great future in terms of hunting development and methods: Sitting in trees, in ambush, hunting traps. I repent, I did not even immediately understand what the bait is for in the game - the first 2 years of the game (when I saw it), I threw the bait to the ground and waited for wolves / bears / goats to run to it. But no trouble. because the developers made the bait exclusively a script of attracting an evil wolf running at you (She needed to be called a distraction and not a bait). When I just saw in the statistics journal the correct word “DELIVERED using bait” I understood what it was for, and only now I began to use it for its intended purpose. The hunt for wolves has never been so easy, but, I confess, they are so stupid as to throw at a piece of meat when you sit a couple of meters with a gun) The future of a TLD hunt is to make a tree sit (a certain skill) and wait there for the beast when it goes down - and then jump onto it (like a lynx))) and strike with a spear)

I don't understand it either.  There is already a shield that appears whenever you are sheltered from the wind.  Also, there's common sense... just put an object between you and where the wind is coming from and it will shelter you.  Anyone who have ever walked outside in a wind knows this, so there is no need to technicolor the map.

Also, temperatures that would be "safe" for one player would not be "safe" for another due to differences in clothing alone.  If your temperature  icon is showing a down arrow, you're not in a "safe zone" - which is pretty much everywhere outside if you don't have clothing that gives you enough warmth bonuses to negate the air temperture.  A quick flip to the status screen show you the actual temperatures, which is every bit as quick as hitting a separate key just to get a technicolor view of your surroundings.

I vote no, just no.

1 hour ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I vote no, just no.

What makes you think that your voice will be counted?

23 minutes ago, Hawk said:

This topic might be of some help.

Thanks for the post, but don't you find that the more crutches you have to use - the more we get tired of the game? Can we call our old grandmother? To push buttons for us when we get bored?

Yes, and I talked about the auto run key and not the autobahn; I deal with wolves once a week in hand-to-hand combat

I know what AHK and other scripted background programs are, I would not want to fence the fence

1 hour ago, Aries6 said:

What makes you think that your voice will be counted?

If you don't want opinions on the idea, why did you create the thread?  To answer your question, since AFAIK, the devs aren't really polling right now for suggestions and, from what I can tell, they actually have enough work on their hands just implementing the story and other ideas they already have to keep them busy for a long, long time... I don't really expect it to be counted.  I'm just stating my opinion on your idea... so I'll clarify, IF a vote were to be taken, I would vote no.  If you're planning to make it up as a mod, I would not be interested in it.

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

If you don't want opinions on the idea, why did you create the thread?  To answer your question, since AFAIK, the devs aren't really polling right now for suggestions and, from what I can tell, they actually have enough work on their hands just implementing the story and other ideas they already have to keep them busy for a long, long time... I don't really expect it to be counted.  I'm just stating my opinion on your idea... so I'll clarify, IF a vote were to be taken, I would vote no.  If you're planning to make it up as a mod, I would not be interested in it.

I do not ask you)

17 minutes ago, Aries6 said:

I do not ask you)

By making this thread you essentially asked for everyone's opinion.

My thoughts are that the shield is more than sufficient. I don't want or need hit points...or special vision modes marking points of wind protection over others.

Also this thread should probably be moved to the Wish List Forum.

6 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

By making this thread you essentially asked for everyone's opinion.

My thoughts are that the shield is more than sufficient. I don't want or need hit points...or special vision modes marking points of wind protection over others.

Also this thread should probably be moved to the Wish List Forum.

Туда я и хотел,)0)

1 minute ago, RossBondReturns said:

12 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

So, do not want - do not press. He will not work always and at all. And only those who want and presses the key

@Aries6 If you want to speak alone instead of discussing, you don't need the forums. Honestly your idea seems utterly stupid, since we already have the shied icon. Except if you have special eyes in real life that produces overlay information.

@Hawk I'd be glad if you could explain how to ignore someone... at least it would give some usefulness to this thread

14 hours ago, BareSkin said:

If you want to speak alone instead of discussing, you don't need the forums. Honestly your idea seems utterly stupid, since we already have the shied icon. Except if you have special eyes in real life that produces overlay information.

I will answer once. There is not enough information in the game for orientation, everything else except the shield has to be fantasized - survival rests on my fantasy. In reality, I have 1000 receptors that allow me to judge where to run and where to go. Here, only the eyes and ears (but the side from which the threat is coming is audibly incomprehensible), if you are not in headphones. Therefore, I consider it necessary to add. Do not want - do not play, nobody forces you. Shit here is not necessary.

И напоследок русская версия текста, если вы не очень понятны к google translate, чтобы вы были понятливее.1

Я отвечу один раз. В  игре недостаточно информации для ориентирования, всё остальное кроме щита приходится фантазировать - на моей фантазии держится выживание. В реальности у меня 1000 рецепторов позволяющие мне судить куда бежать и откуда уходить. Здесь всего-лишь глаза и уши(Но аудиально непонятна сторона из которой исходит угроза), если ты не в наушниках. Поэтому считаю нужным добавлять. Не хотите - не играйте, вас никто не заставляет. Срать тут не нужно.

2 hours ago, Aries6 said:

I will answer once. There is not enough information in the game for orientation, everything else except the shield has to be fantasized - survival rests on my fantasy. In reality, I have 1000 receptors that allow me to judge where to run and where to go. Here, only the eyes and ears (but the side from which the threat is coming is audibly incomprehensible), if you are not in headphones. Therefore, I consider it necessary to add. Do not want - do not play, nobody forces you. Shit here is not necessary.

A sharp observation, I am beginning to understand the request. In real life, your 1,000 receptors show you places in your field of vision which are sheltered from the wind, with an indication of the maximum and minimum temperature, correct? And you see them as zones, in red and green colour? In that case it must be confusing not to see them in the game. I would be interested to learn more. Do you maybe happen to have been sent from a dystopian future to kill someone (to prevent a human revolution-to-be) who is now hiding, and you need to pass the time until you find him/her? And, in search of meaning - for the meantime - you turned to video games? I thought so. It seems only natural then that your reactions are a little unfriendly - after all, you are a killing machine and not an information booth. Right? You'll be back? OK.

2 hours ago, Aries6 said:

Here, only the eyes and ears (but the side from which the threat is coming is audibly incomprehensible), if you are not in headphones. Therefore, I consider it necessary to add.

Reveal hidden contents

И напоследок русская версия текста, если вы не очень понятны к google translate, чтобы вы были понятливее.1

Я отвечу один раз. В  игре недостаточно информации для ориентирования, всё остальное кроме щита приходится фантазировать - на моей фантазии держится выживание. В реальности у меня 1000 рецепторов позволяющие мне судить куда бежать и откуда уходить. Здесь всего-лишь глаза и уши(Но аудиально непонятна сторона из которой исходит угроза), если ты не в наушниках. Поэтому считаю нужным добавлять. Не хотите - не играйте, вас никто не заставляет. Срать тут не нужно.

That is why, I'm sure, the devs have programmed the game such that when there is a wind blowing, there is usually snow falling and the direction it is moving while falling will show you clearly where the wind is coming from.  Also, the game is programmed so that the grass bends in response to the direction the wind is coming from, which is another a visual cue.  The information is there and it's not hard at all to read it; and it is more natural to the environment of the game than what you're suggesting.

You keep saying that if we don't want to use it, just don't press the key.   That's true.  If the devs do implement it, I will certainly never use it.  It destroys immersion in the game world.

Archived