Boarded Up Houses

Guest Gamer935

Guest Gamer935

I have always wondered why the houses in places such as Milton are boarded up and what could be in them and if we could ever see what's in them like using the prybar to get the planks off just for a look inside.

I am vwry curious about locked or boarded up doors in games especilly survival games as maybe people got paranoid as Grey mother said and boarded people in with a good stockpile of untouched supplies.

I know there is probably nothing inside but always fun to wonder :)

On 2.9.2018 at 7:41 PM, Gamer935 said:

I am vwry curious about locked or boarded up doors in games especilly survival games as maybe people got paranoid as Grey mother said and boarded people in with a good stockpile of untouched supplies.

You usually board buildings up to keep people outside. Not inside.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:18 AM, Soul Sojourner said:

I think this is an intentional randomness mechanic actually. Seems to me the houses and cabins in the game often switch accessibility randomly upon initial game or area generation.

Yeah in Coastal Highway and several other maps with multiple houses grouped together, they randomize which ones and how many are boarded up/ burnt down based on difficulty level....and just to make things interesting....

Don't really understand why we can't pry boards off and force doors open with a prybar though....

We can force lockers open and trunks, but not houses...

"Too much loot" I guess....

Guest Gamer935
10 hours ago, Wintermut said:

Yeah in Coastal Highway and several other maps with multiple houses grouped together, they randomize which ones and how many are boarded up/ burnt down based on difficulty level....and just to make things interesting....

Don't really understand why we can't pry boards off and force doors open with a prybar though....

We can force lockers open and trunks, but not houses...

"Too much loot" I guess....

Probably :)

Guest Gamer935
47 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

The elusive moosehide artillery cannon.

It's a cannon.  Made from moosehide.  That fires live moose as ammunition.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOsplat"

:D

Guest Gamer935
6 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

You'd find, sitting on a sofa in a candle-lit room, a cougar wearing a bunny skin hood and snow shoes, sipping warm wine from a thermos while cleaning a revolver.

Then they just stand there looking at each other and he/she backs out slowly 

Guest Gamer935
4 hours ago, Senauer said:

@Doc Feral, wouldn't it be a fox skin hood? Also, on the nightstand we would find a compass, and in the kitchen a sledge leaning on an industrial 16-fire mega stove.

:D

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

The elusive moosehide artillery cannon.

It's a cannon.  Made from moosehide.  That fires live moose as ammunition.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOsplat"

Whenever any of you speak of moose, do you ever think of the silly Intro-Credits Captions in Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail?

Because I sure do...¬¬

6 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

You'd find, sitting on a sofa in a candle-lit room, a cougar wearing a bunny skin hood and snow shoes, sipping warm wine from a thermos while cleaning a revolver.

As long as the cougar doesn't have to be living, I could probably replicate this in real life. Haha Would take some time though. If I can use a lynx or bobcat, then less time. :D

Speaking of which, I honestly have every intention of creating a scene and taking a photo of me wearing either a "Wolfskin Coat" or a "Bearskin Coat" with an official TLD t-shirt underneath, "Deerskin Boots," "Rabbitskin Mitts," and a "Bearskin Bedroll." I will also likely wear a fur hat of some kind, probably coyote, coon, beaver, or otter. Though I could do yet another bear item. Also considering as an option for the pic is "Deerskin Pants" and "Moose-Hide Satchel." I'll probably include some other stuff in the picture, maybe a TLD or Hinterland mug or something. There's a very low chance that I'll do it outside next to a campfire in the snow, but I have thought about it. Maybe with a log and a hatchet. Some of this is "done" already, like the boots, coat, and bedroll. Can't make any of it 100% replication though, that would be impractical. lol

Guest Gamer935
21 minutes ago, Soul Sojourner said:

As long as the cougar doesn't have to be living, I could probably replicate this in real life. Haha Would take some time though. If I can use a lynx or bobcat, then less time. :D

Speaking of which, I honestly have every intention of creating a scene and taking a photo of me wearing either a "Wolfskin Coat" or a "Bearskin Coat" with an official TLD t-shirt underneath, "Deerskin Boots," "Rabbitskin Mitts," and a "Bearskin Bedroll." I will also likely wear a fur hat of some kind, probably coyote, coon, beaver, or otter. Though I could do yet another bear item. Also considering as an option for the pic is "Deerskin Pants" and "Moose-Hide Satchel." I'll probably include some other stuff in the picture, maybe a TLD or Hinterland mug or something. There's a very low chance that I'll do it outside next to a campfire in the snow, but I have thought about it. Maybe with a log and a hatchet. Some of this is "done" already, like the boots, coat, and bedroll. Can't make any of it 100% replication though, that would be impractical. lol

Sounds very awesome 

38 minutes ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

Whenever any of you speak of moose, do you ever think of the silly Intro-Credits Captions in Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail?

Because I sure do...¬¬

A møøse once bit my sister...

Nø realli!  She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge--her brother-in-law--an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passiøn", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

A møøse once bit my sister...

Nø realli!  She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge--her brother-in-law--an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passiøn", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gamer935
On 24/09/2018 at 3:06 PM, Fuarian said:

It would be cool to be able to tear them down with a new tool, fire axe. But it would take about 30 minutes.

Yep would be pretty cool to have a fire axe as like a later game better Hatchet 

Archived