Warming beverages by proximity to cooking surface

piddy3825

Stumbled upon another little quirk in the game that maybe can be used to some advantage when cooking.  

I had finished cooking up a batch of teas and coffee which I placed right next to the potbelly stove at camp office.  I came back to the stove the next day to cook a fish I caught when I heard the bubbling sound of boiling water.  I looked over to where my teas are sitting on the counter and they are merrily bubbling and boiling and when moused over read "hot."  I tried to catch the vapor coming off the cups with the HD cam, not sure if you can make it out or not.  Anyways, not a great exploit, but kinda cool non the less.  The tea and coffee heats up but doesnt boil away.  gets hot and stays hot as long as the stove is burning.  

5b8b4e230da52_warmingbyproximity.thumb.png.b2403ca5fbb039dfc13b0b9f30a0db7c.png

thanks for reading!

4 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I actually dont think its an exploit. you can even heat up peaches from what Ive heard. The time to warm seems to be increased and thats why i believe it is intentional.

your absolutely right!.  I read your response earlier so i jumped back into the game, right where I left off with that picture.  I grabbed a can of peaches and placed them on the counter.  They auto opened and sat there slowly warming!.  if that's the case,I been doing all my cooking wrong... lol.   Thanks for pointing that out.  

That is exactly right. This works at campfires and fireplaces as well. You can create a circle around the firepit with cups and cans, they will get hot but not burn/boil dry. You can set things on the floor around stoves, and in a fireplace you can even go up as far as the mantle above to do this.They take about 3x longer to heat up though.  You can't cook raw meat or use a recycled can/cooking pot this way, but it does free up space on the cooking surface.

7 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

Yep, one of my favorite interloper tricks - leave a cup of reishi tea next to the burning campfire when sleeping in a cave, it will be ready to warm you up next morning before you set out.

Was watching a twitch streamer last night and picked up this little trick. He as making cups of reishi by the forge in FM while waiting for the weather to change.  Had about 8 cups sitting around the forge keeping warm to be consumed whenever he needed to range out to get more sticks.

14 hours ago, Spakerman said:

Was watching a twitch streamer last night and picked up this little trick. He as making cups of reishi by the forge in FM while waiting for the weather to change.  Had about 8 cups sitting around the forge keeping warm to be consumed whenever he needed to range out to get more sticks.

The efficiency of mass production :)

Archived