Arrowheads

electricblue

Why are arrowheads so hard to find/make? I have never seen a heavy hammer in maybe 10 survival runs. I get the feeling that the bow is meant to be your first hunting weapon but I find rifles and rifle ammo way way wayyy more often than arrowheads (which I have found 1, ever). Did native americans use a goddamn forge to make arrowheads? Maybe there should be easier to make stone arrowheads that make arrows break easier and can't be harvested.

Also keep in mind that even at Voyageur (where I've been playing of late) the bow offers some serious advantages over the rifle... like silent firing that doesn't startle the animals. Oh, and it's a lot lighter and the ammo is reusable.

10 hours ago, electricblue said:

It may be a challenge but it is not an interesting challenge. Especially not when the world is littered with rifle ammo that is way less of a hassle to acquire than the mythical hammer of legend.

The rifle also weighs 4 kilograms, which is a huge amount. The bow makes long-range travel easier, and it's sustainable for a longer period of time. Interloper runs don't have a rifle, so you'd have find/craft a survival bow and arrows.

On 28/06/2018 at 8:30 PM, stratvox said:

Also keep in mind that even at Voyageur (where I've been playing of late) the bow offers some serious advantages over the rifle... like silent firing that doesn't startle the animals. Oh, and it's a lot lighter and the ammo is reusable.

And bears seem to be less common when you carry the bow instead of the rifle ... at least in my Voyageur runs.

I dunno... I'm not having big problems finding bears to turn into bedrolls and food. IME, the way it works is I kill the bear, get its hide, and the day the hide finishes curing is the day a new bear moves into the cave.

I spend a lot of effort to find the good places to hunt it from (i.e. able to shoot it without getting mauled). I usually go to get the next one the day after the hide cures and they pretty much always show up.

6 hours ago, stratvox said:

I spend a lot of effort to find the good places to hunt it from (i.e. able to shoot it without getting mauled). I usually go to get the next one the day after the hide cures and they pretty much always show up.

So true, I do the same I have had luck shooting bears with the bow often from a safe spot like a cliff or tree and wait for the animal to bleed out before venturing down. And like yourself the minute that hide cures I'm back looking for the second one in the same spot :) 

Archived