V1.30 Stalker Achievement Run II

Hotzn

6 hours ago, stratvox said:

There are several bear spawns on each map, but whether a bear spawns at a specific spawn is determined at the start of the game by RNG. For example, sometimes I get the bear at Trapper's, sometimes I don't. On my current run when I made it to ML I didn't have any bear on that map whatsoever.

Ah, interesting. I haven't scrutinized bears very much so far. Shall keep an eye on this.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 53:

In the morning, a blizzard is blowing. I have nothing useful to do and therefore just let some hours pass. Food has run out, I start starving. In the afternoon, the blizzard dies down. I have realized during the blizzard that I am on the wrong side of the map for transition to the Ravine. Grrr. So now I will quench my curiosity and climb up that rope. I make it, but it consumes almost my whole fatigue-o-meter. Up there are quite a bunch of Maple and Birch saplings. I leave them for now, but map the area. I see the serpentine trail going to the Abandoned Lookout passes by here. In my memory the path to the lookout was always wolf-infested and perilous, but I carefully scout along and see nothing. Close to the lookout I see a deer, and that usually means no wolves nearby. I reach the lookout without incidents, almost fully exhausted. There is a can of soda here, but it’s at 0%. At least I can light a fire and make 2 more litres of water. But I will be starving the whole night…

Day 54:

Blizzard in the morning. When it stops, I grab the climbing rope which someone left here in the lookout, descend and deploy it at the bottom of the stairs. Climb down (good thing climbing DOWN is not as exhausting as upwards). There is another rope here which I climb down as well… landing at the four cabins (one of which is burnt down). There is some food inside which I gobble up immediately, then I head to the right along the mountainside until I am more or less above Fishing Camp. Head down and gorge myself on cooked deer venison I have lying about in the snow here. I grab one more piece of cooked venison and continue on the road towards the bridge, but am barked up by a wolf and leave the venison behind. Dammit.

Reaching the bridge, I cross it and then head up the mountainside, following the frozen river. I have to appreciate how beautiful they have made it over the various updates:

screen_(-1117, 58, 424)_f5757321-82f2-438b-99d7-90a987bffa9c.png

It has also become harder to overlook due to various boulders. It’s more intense ascening here compared to earlier versions, as I am constantly fearing to turn a corner and run into a wolf or bear. I pass by a cave with some carcass in front and make sure not to come too close. Then Bear Creek Campground comes into view…

screen_(-1245, 111, 800)_2710b7ba-91cd-45cc-8d8e-ca1b43794001.png

There is a deer carcass lying there… tempting, as I have no more food. But I have bad feeling about the place. It’s likely not named Bear Creek for nothing, and I don’t feel like running into a bear just now. So I head on and soon hit Rabbit Grove. There is some food inside. I make a fire behind the cabin to cook water and set up my snares. Then it’s off to bed.

Day 56:

No rabbits in the snares. Maybe it’s better this way, so I won’t have to lose time harvesting them now. I pack my things and continue up the frozen creek until I reach the rails, then turn left and soon arrive in the Ravine. It’s foggy and mysterious, I need a while to get my orientation right. After a bit of running around and crossing the fallen tree, I realize there are two caves to choose from. One has rabbits right at the doorstep, the other one has a deer right at the doorstep (and a deer carcass close by). I choose the rabbit cave, because I like the company of rabbits. The rest of the day goes into collecting firewood (as you would expect). Let’s see now… a stick gives me 8 minutes of fire. So I need roughly 8 sticks to cover one hour. One day lasts 24 hours, so 192 sticks. So I need roughly 600 sticks for the Deep Forest achievement. Better a little more in case some time distortion takes place.

I place my bedroll in the warm part of the cave and a campfire right before the bedroll, but in the cold part. Because… game mechanics. Then I make some water and go to sleep.

I happen to know the neighborhood a bit :) Time distortion should be on your side, so you should need 300-600 sticks (or equivalent) to do what you want to do. The Ravine will give you about 100 (including the basin, but excluding branches) plus a few coals from the caves. The river banks around the Train Bridge at the Dam are good for sticks, just watch out for the local wolf (and also for the one that can stroll in from the Train Loading Area). Then sweep the Winding River for sticks and the Cave System to PV for coal. You should be able to cover the rest by chopping up a few tree limbs.

9 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

I happen to know the neighborhood a bit :) Time distortion should be on your side, so you should need 300-600 sticks (or equivalent) to do what you want to do. The Ravine will give you about 100 (including the basin, but excluding branches) plus a few coals from the caves. The river banks around the Train Bridge at the Dam are good for sticks, just watch out for the local wolf (and also for the one that can stroll in from the Train Loading Area). Then sweep the Winding River for sticks and the Cave System to PV for coal. You should be able to cover the rest by chopping up a few tree limbs.

Thanks for the tips from the dam master. But I want to try and make it in the Ravine. The sticks respawn quite quickly is my impression, and I will chop apart a couple of limbs. That should do. Staying in good condition will prove the greater challenge.

Day 57:

Last night I noticed something weird: I cannot place a water bottle anywhere in the cave. I can drop it and pick it up again, but when trying to move it with the placing mechanic it always remains red.

screen_(-641, 143, 32)_b657b3cb-95fe-45ae-88a4-0ca81551674a.png

Anyway, I have passed the night in sleep increments of 2 hours each to watch the temperature. The inner part of the cave went down to a felt -3°C, so in the bedroll I only just managed to stay warm. Here is my cave-camp in the morning:

screen_(-643, 144, 35)_e2df5ba3-a6dd-4108-acf1-65f5c66ba677.png

Out I go, first to the tree-bridge. Hmm…. How to get down there? There is a rock where I could deploy a rope on the other side…

screen_(-736, 116, -162)_59889128-2641-4231-afb8-e578421438c0.png

But I have no rope and so far have not found one in the Ravine either. Not sure whether I can get back up if I just slide down the cliff. Better not risk it. I guess I could find a rope in the dam close by. But I wanted to try out living here in the Ravine for a little while. Check temperature… it’s a felt -12°C here at the moment, despite my warm clothing. I am beginning to guess that the Ravine might be a pretty cold place. Crossing the fallen tree to the other side, I start collecting sticks. Strange… wasn’t there a deer carcass here yesterday? I didn’t touch it, but it seems to have gone overnight. Soon I am completely exhausted and, as a consequence, overburdened. I return to my cave, unload wood, sleep for two hours and go on a second wood-collection trip. This time I harvest some Fir & Cedar limbs. At dusk I return to my cave again, utterly exhausted. My 4 snares have caught 2 rabbits over the day, but one has broken apart in the process. Three snares left. I won’t last long food-wise like this.

I harvest the meat off my two rabbits, getting 1.8 kg altogether. Lighting a fire, I see that both pieces of meat – one being 1 kg and the other 0.8 kg – last equally long to cook. Now can I also cook them in the pot? I can, but only one at a time. Interestingly, cooking it in the pot is faster, but only by a small margin – something like 54 minutes compared to 1h 8min or so. Can I also cook meat in the recycled can? No, I can’t. So just for trying it out I cook one piece in the pot and the other on the second rock by the fire. When cooked, both pieces together yield 940 calories. Enough for one night of sleep-healing. However, I don’t know whether a blizzard would lower the temperature further in the back of the cave. If so, I could find my doom during a whole night’s sleep. On the other hand, sleeping in small increments keeps me from healing properly. I have gone down to 73% condition from starving, exhaustion and a little freezing. Maybe I need the bearskin bedroll to stay here for the long haul?

Well, I eat most of my rabbit meat and sleep in 2-hour-increments…

Day 58:

When it dawns, a blizzard starts. Well, this is the coldest time of the day, so now I should see how cold it can get… temperature drops further… -3°C… -4… it stops at -7°C. So I WOULD start freezing in the back of the cave, even with all my gear and the regular bedroll. But the bearskin bedroll would help. Interesting.

I’m at 78% condition and don’t want to lose much more. So I spend another match and light another fire. Eating a chocolate bar, I read into another copy of Wilderness Kitchen I found in the Lookout in CH. I try multitasking – making more water while reading – which works nicely at the start. But then I discover something about the cooking menu which could be improved: When I left-click on the pot which is melting water, it indicates me the time until melted. A little over one hour. I know I have fed the fire for more than one hour, so I click space bar to „pass time until ready“. This is a very nice feature, but now the fire goes out right away. Why? Because „until ready“ apparently means not only until melted (the time indicated), but until melted AND THEN COOKED. This is very confusing and has extinguished my fire before – the time should actually either only be accelerated until the snow is melted, or the whole time until cooked should be indicated.

The blizzard rages on, but the hours have passed by, and due to underlying daytime temperatures the back of the cave is now at a felt +3°C even without a fire. So I do not relight it and instead finish my book. I have healed back to 84% while reading, but am now going back to starving. The only food I currently have left are a Granola bar and a can of peaches. Both are lying by the burnt-out campfire at the entrance to the cave, where I found them. I have not yet inspected them, maybe they are already rotten. Let’s check… Granola bar at 60%, nice. Peaches at 0%, dang. Ah, there’s a rabbit in one of my three remaining snares. One rabbit plus a Granola bar makes one night of sleep-healing.

I put the rabbit in the cave, unharvested, and reset the snare. Then head out and cross the fallen tree again. I find the deer carcass again, apparently it was there all the time. Couldn’t find it yesterday because the crows weren’t there. Also here goes another rabbit… frustrated about my difficulties with the Deep Forest achievement, I pick up a stone and throw it – score a hit and… haha – the „Stone Age Sniper“ achievement pops up! Nice!

Collecting more firewood, I return, exhausted, but still harvest the whole deer, then return to my cave for another nightly cooking session…

With a flick of his wrist, the Professor gets the Stone Age Sniper. Congratulations!

I missed the original point that you first wanted to accumulate the sticks, then run the 3-day fire. I thought the fire you started on the first day was meant to be kept alive for 3 days. Enjoy the Ravine and take your time :) There should be cattails on the map as well, in case you get sick of rabbit meat.

Please keep your eye on one thing - when you pass time in an activity and a blizzard sets in, does the temperature change fast, or slowly as before? If the same rules applied now to animals are applied to blizzards, the temperature drop should be felt almost instantaneously. If the old rules still apply, the change in temperature should occur over about 20-30 seconds of real world time, often long enough for the blizzard to end again.

If the new rules apply, survival in places like caves and the Mountaineer's Hut could become much harder.

On 20.6.2018 at 1:20 AM, Drifter Man said:

With a flick of his wrist, the Professor gets the Stone Age Sniper. Congratulations!

I was relieved that someone saw the irony in the flick (of the wrist) earlier in this thread. ;)

Firing up my rig, I see that a download is on the way... looks like the hotfix to V1.34... hasn't this downloaded already? Well, apparently not. After the download, I want to start the game... get the disclaimer text... and then nothing. Loading forever.

Ok... close it by force, restart... disclaimer text (the one explaining that you shouldn't try and do in real life what you do in the game etc.)... loading forever (hard disc seems to be doing something). Hm. I'll restart my rig completely...

... now it works.

Day 59:

I get up late in the morning, at 84%. Check the snares… empty. I want more food reserves, so I’ll go for that deer which is sharing the Ravine with me. Cross the fallen tree… where is it? Searching for the deer, I collect some cattails on the little river, then contemplate this strange phenomenon:

screen_(-935, 139, -126)_4bba2bbb-d170-4ec7-be64-b283fb9fbd87.png

What looks like a texture fail from afar is indeed a slab made from an unknown material and left by aliens to improve our intelligence. Little did they know that in the quiet apocalypse there is not much use for that…

screen_(-872, 129, -146)_f548a76b-d479-46ad-becd-87611934a57a.png

I finally find the deer and corner it in the little grove with many Rosehip bushes and two rabbits. When it tries to run over me, I fire an arrow. Miss. Deer runs off. But where did the arrow go? After some searching, I find that it protrudes from the sheer rock!

screen_(-1070, 143, -4)_ecaea9e1-096a-4397-8cb8-3c9f7ec91069.png

Still, I can retrieve it. What follows is quite a bit of crouching, walking, sneaking around obstacles and missing shots as well as looking for arrows to retrieve (I don’t lose any). Finally, I chase the deer up the tracks which lead to ML. Again it tries to break out and face me. I give it an arrow to the chest and it drops on the spot. Now this is interesting… I am far up the tracks and on the point of transitioning to Mystery Lake… can I reach the carcass? Or will I transition and leave the carcass behind? Is it maybe out of reach forever? So close, but still so far?

screen_(-1172, 136, -114)_bb8aa38d-1878-4311-ade4-009b493a00f3.png

Phew… I can reach it. I have my first quartering experience. Interesting. Picking up all four quartered packages, I get the full smell bars. In the Ravine, this is irrelevant, but on other maps this could mean trouble. Is quartering worth it? Hm.

Anyway, I cross the fallen tree again and bring everything – quite a number of sticks included – into my cave. The rest of the day goes into harvesting the quartered packages and sorting my stuff in the cave. I eat cooked rabbit meat, drink and sleep 3 hours, then the rest of the night in 2 hour increments…

I don't generally quarter deer, as there's not enough time savings over just harvesting everything to really make it worth it most of the time. However, for bear and moose it's awesome. You pull all your arrows out (make sure you do this because quartering will irrevocably destroy any arrows in the carcass) and spend two hours cutting it up. Everything ends up on the ground, which means that so far there's no smell to attract wolves or bears. Usually at this point I'll grab the guts and hide and run for shelter so I can get them starting to cure.

Unless you're very far gone it usually not worth it to get food right away; the starvation hit to condition is very slow.

After I get the craftables dropped and curing, I'll go back. Now generally each bag weighs between nine and ten kilos. If you harvest it it'll give you half the weight in meat. Depending on how encumbered I am, I'll harvest one or two bags in situ, and carry the meat back. If I'm harvesting two, as soon as I'm done harvesting the first one I'll drop the meat, which kills the smell (yeah, kinda dumb, but hey it's a game). Once I have enough meat to load me right up (nearly fifty kilos total carry weight without a moose hide satchel, or fifty-five with) I'll pick up all the meat and head for shelter, leaving the undone bags behind. I'll ferry back and forth like that over the course of the next two or three days, and spend evenings with a fire making water and cooking some of the meat (and eating like a freakin' king while I'm at it).

Why carry the stuff that's no use to you? Harvest on site after quartering and only carry the stuff you really want and need. You'll need fewer trips to get the stuff to your cooking site, and that will expose you to less risk from wolves and bears.

The deer in the Ravine started running into the transition section into Mystery Lake where you risk losing both the deer and the arrows. They didn't use to do this in the old days. Gotta be careful now.

7 hours ago, stratvox said:

I don't generally quarter deer, as there's not enough time savings over just harvesting everything to really make it worth it most of the time. However, for bear and moose it's awesome.

It was too awesome last time I checked with a bear... quartering was faster than getting the hide and guts separately, which is nonsense. I proposed once that by quartering, the player should forfeit the hide and guts (or the hide and some of the guts) to account for the need to work quickly on the carcass.

Anyway, it sounds like a nice system, but I just can't imagine loading myself up to 50 kg with raw meat unless this is Pilgrim...

I usually carry quarters back to base. The point of quartering for me is to only need two hours of unprotected fire at the carcass. Once they're safe I'll harvest as I cook (6 cooking slots is good enpugh, 8 has a higher cooking rate than the max meat production rate for Interlopers).

If it's warm enough to take the meat on site I normally don't quarter at all. Sure it's less time to quarter overall, but the longest step if I don't quarter only takes 1/2 an hour (hide) at the carcass, so I just run over and harvest 20-40 minutes worth of stuff every trip and forgo a fire on site for a blazing hot cooking fire in a protected spot (cave or a barn usually). Every time I get home I tend the cooking for a few minutes check the fires are stoked, and by the time I've done that I'm warm enough for another run to the carcass. Usually this is on ground I know very well and the local wolf population has usually been diminished by violence, I don't hunt large game until I know where I am and have an idea where my kitchen is.

ETA: Obviously it's a little different before I get to carcass harvesting level 5.

On 24.6.2018 at 1:32 AM, stratvox said:

I don't generally quarter deer, as there's not enough time savings over just harvesting everything to really make it worth it most of the time. However, for bear and moose it's awesome. You pull all your arrows out (make sure you do this because quartering will irrevocably destroy any arrows in the carcass) and spend two hours cutting it up. Everything ends up on the ground, which means that so far there's no smell to attract wolves or bears. Usually at this point I'll grab the guts and hide and run for shelter so I can get them starting to cure.

Unless you're very far gone it usually not worth it to get food right away; the starvation hit to condition is very slow.

After I get the craftables dropped and curing, I'll go back. Now generally each bag weighs between nine and ten kilos. If you harvest it it'll give you half the weight in meat. Depending on how encumbered I am, I'll harvest one or two bags in situ, and carry the meat back. If I'm harvesting two, as soon as I'm done harvesting the first one I'll drop the meat, which kills the smell (yeah, kinda dumb, but hey it's a game). Once I have enough meat to load me right up (nearly fifty kilos total carry weight without a moose hide satchel, or fifty-five with) I'll pick up all the meat and head for shelter, leaving the undone bags behind. I'll ferry back and forth like that over the course of the next two or three days, and spend evenings with a fire making water and cooking some of the meat (and eating like a freakin' king while I'm at it).

Why carry the stuff that's no use to you? Harvest on site after quartering and only carry the stuff you really want and need. You'll need fewer trips to get the stuff to your cooking site, and that will expose you to less risk from wolves and bears.

Thanks for the hint concerning arrow removal before quartering - in case of my Ravine deer, I retrieved the arrow before quartering, but that was just because I saw it right away.

So I gather you mainly use quartering to save time on the hide and guts. I think it was originally introduced because so many people asked for a possibility to bring deer carcasses back to their base for processing. I think Hinterland should not have given in to these requests so quickly. Now we have a quartering mechanic with new inconsistencies.

One thing I'm not getting - how do you avoid the scent problem under V1.34? Transporting two quarters or the equivalent in raw meat should make you attract wolves from all over. Or not?

On 24.6.2018 at 9:07 AM, Drifter Man said:

Anyway, it sounds like a nice system, but I just can't imagine loading myself up to 50 kg with raw meat unless this is Pilgrim...

This. It's no coincidence that I haven't tried the quartering technique before.

On 24.6.2018 at 5:25 PM, Riotintheair said:

I usually carry quarters back to base. The point of quartering for me is to only need two hours of unprotected fire at the carcass. Once they're safe I'll harvest as I cook (6 cooking slots is good enpugh, 8 has a higher cooking rate than the max meat production rate for Interlopers).

If it's warm enough to take the meat on site I normally don't quarter at all. Sure it's less time to quarter overall, but the longest step if I don't quarter only takes 1/2 an hour (hide) at the carcass, so I just run over and harvest 20-40 minutes worth of stuff every trip and forgo a fire on site for a blazing hot cooking fire in a protected spot (cave or a barn usually). Every time I get home I tend the cooking for a few minutes check the fires are stoked, and by the time I've done that I'm warm enough for another run to the carcass. Usually this is on ground I know very well and the local wolf population has usually been diminished by violence, I don't hunt large game until I know where I am and have an idea where my kitchen is.

Ah, so this is how you solve the scent problem - just raze the local wolves and then not care about the scent. Technically a clean solution, but it somehow feels gamey. There is still potential work to do here for Hinterland.

6 hours ago, Hotzn said:

One thing I'm not getting - how do you avoid the scent problem under V1.34? Transporting two quarters or the equivalent in raw meat should make you attract wolves from all over. Or not?

During transpo I stink. I have to avoid wolves etc. The idea here is to make tracks just as soon as you start to attract predators so that by the time they get to where you were you're long gone.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:07 AM, Drifter Man said:

I've used this technique successfully (and routinely!) on Voyageur and Stalker. I've gotten pretty good at avoiding wolves I guess. There have been a few times that I've had to drop a bait so that I can kill the little bastidge before he gets it if someone gets close, but by and large I've managed to avoid wolf encounters. This is all entirely predicated on knowing your turf and where the wolves are before doing the trip mind you. Like I said I do this over several days usually; I pay attention to the terrain, the predators, and which way the wind is blowing while I'm on my way out to the bags and use that knowledge on the way back to avoid them. I'll also allow that I will adjust what I consider to be maximum weight depending on all those factors; if I'm having to walk downwind I'll take less so I can have more mobility. That's why I said "just under". There's a few key encumbrance points where you start to really slow down; 10 kg over your weight limit (30 or 35 depending) is where you can no longer sprint, and 20 kg over you become pretty close to immobilised. I don't mind losing sprint necessarily, but it's important to be not much more than fifteen over because your land speed is still pretty good even if sprinting is gone. Two bags is always a little less than 10kg harvested. After I get myself kitted up, I'm generally able to carry a bag or the contents of two harvested bags before encumbrance starts to really slow me down. Halving the trips means halving the possibilities of wolf encounters. This is also predicated on being armed; I'm a bow guy fwiw. Once you learn the trick it's very easy to one-shot wolves even at low skill levels with the bow. It does require nerve though... and it gets a lot easier when there's a moose steak distracting the dude.

I can see how this may be much riskier on Interloper where wolf struggles are significantly more deadly.

17 hours ago, stratvox said:

I've used this technique successfully (and routinely!) on Voyageur and Stalker.

All I can say - impressive! Yes, Interloper wolves are more deadly but you seem to avoid struggles anyway. I imagine you towing a heap of meat while firing arrows around you at any wolf who is not wise or careful enough to keep distance :)

17 hours ago, stratvox said:

During transpo I stink. I have to avoid wolves etc. The idea here is to make tracks just as soon as you start to attract predators so that by the time they get to where you were you're long gone.

I've used this technique successfully (and routinely!) on Voyageur and Stalker. I've gotten pretty good at avoiding wolves I guess. There have been a few times that I've had to drop a bait so that I can kill the little bastidge before he gets it if someone gets close, but by and large I've managed to avoid wolf encounters. This is all entirely predicated on knowing your turf and where the wolves are before doing the trip mind you. Like I said I do this over several days usually; I pay attention to the terrain, the predators, and which way the wind is blowing while I'm on my way out to the bags and use that knowledge on the way back to avoid them. I'll also allow that I will adjust what I consider to be maximum weight depending on all those factors; if I'm having to walk downwind I'll take less so I can have more mobility. That's why I said "just under". There's a few key encumbrance points where you start to really slow down; 10 kg over your weight limit (30 or 35 depending) is where you can no longer sprint, and 20 kg over you become pretty close to immobilised. I don't mind losing sprint necessarily, but it's important to be not much more than fifteen over because your land speed is still pretty good even if sprinting is gone. Two bags is always a little less than 10kg harvested. After I get myself kitted up, I'm generally able to carry a bag or the contents of two harvested bags before encumbrance starts to really slow me down. Halving the trips means halving the possibilities of wolf encounters. This is also predicated on being armed; I'm a bow guy fwiw. Once you learn the trick it's very easy to one-shot wolves even at low skill levels with the bow. It does require nerve though... and it gets a lot easier when there's a moose steak distracting the dude.

I can see how this may be much riskier on Interloper where wolf struggles are significantly more deadly.

Insightful. I have not yet experimented much with the new scent mechanic, being rather careful to start with. I prefer cooking raw meat where I harvest it, in small portions, and then will often leave it there as well, eating as I pass by on my foraging trips. Saves time and energy for transport. Gamey, I know, that's why I wish Hinterland would introduce wolves & bears smelling, finding and eventually consuming carcasses and meat (be it raw or cooked) lying around in the open. But until then...

I recall @selflessreporting that wolves - once activated by excessive scent - will beeline to the location where you were when you "activated" them. I hope my memory is not deceiving me here. I can't recall, however, what these wolves will do once they have reached their "destination" - pick up your smell again or trod back to their old pathways? In either case, I understand there must be ways to avoid them by starting the activation process and then moving away into a direction from which no wolf is approaching and - from there - heading home or to whichever temporary base seems adequate.

9 hours ago, Hotzn said:

wolves - once activated by excessive scent - will beeline to the location where you were when you "activated" them. I hope my memory is not deceiving me here.

Seasoned survivalogist such as yours is right indeed - this is the case. It's very easy to notice. When you're moving, instead of closing in on you, they rather beeline to the spot you were located at the moment they had picked up the scent... It makes sense in a way... the wolf detects a scent cue on a gust of wind from certain direction, has no visual of you yet, so it kinda deduces where that smell could've came from.

9 hours ago, Hotzn said:

however, what these wolves will do once they have reached their "destination" - pick up your smell again or trod back to their old pathways?

What happens later... not sure, maybe once they've reached the spot it simply resets their movement/wandering logic?

• 2 weeks later...

Day 60:

Just collecting more firewood. Sticks have become rare, so I mainly hack apart limbs with my hatchet and dismantle branches. I’m a little disappointed to see that the aliens have collected their purple slab again – most likely disappointed with my progress at the Deep Forest achievement. And I’m a little surprised that the deer has already respawned and is running around merrily. That was quick.

In the evening, I spend some extra time searching for a potential way down to the bottom of the Ravine (or back up), but don’t find anything. My search for a climbing rope is also a failure. Returning to my cave, I am recompensated by a beautiful aurora:

screen_(-624, 140, 5)_8bf16559-4c31-4cca-a44d-1588a5f06d7a.png

Then it’s off to bed – with water, but without out food and without fire.

Hotzn... not sure if this is helpful...or even if you want any suggestions...maybe you want to try and pull off Deep Forest in the Ravine... I did Deep Forest at Desolation Point inside the glass at the lighthouse... its still considered outside and gets you the achievement... downside is the time is takes collecting the necessary firewood and constantly dodging the angry locals that don't want you stealing their wood.

Archived