A Bunch of ideas

Rancid

1. Ability to move from the backseat to the front seat of a car with out having to exit the vehicle.
  2. Making your own jerky by cooking cooked meat for 3 hours. Jerky would demolish your thirst meter but would take a while to spoil. It would also be a lot lighter than cooked meat because it would be dehydrated. 
  3. Cartography perk, map  a larger radius and use less charcoal.
  4. Salt bin. A salt bin could be a container that can be used to preserve meats.
  5. Kill streaks. for example if you kill 5 wolfs you get a predator missile that you call in with a long pointy sick with some rocks tied to it.

Craftable flamethrower. That's what I want. Imagine how satisfying that'd be.

Edit: Ideas 1 and 3 from the original post are good ones, from my point of view. I'm not so keen on meat preservation as a mechanic, though, because food scarcity is the only thing that makes the game hard - if renewable food lasts for too long, then the 'survival' part of the game loses all challenge. (Because if you have a large food stockpile, there is no practical reason to go outside at all.)

Food is really really plentiful once you get over that initial hump. I think to make this something viable would require a serious crash of the wildlife population over the medium term... so you'd have to preserve food to be able to be able to live in a world where you might see an animal to hunt once a week or so.

Archived