Bring back Fluffy

Salty Crackers

The full release of the game brought some serious changes to the Dam. Personally, I think they've made the Dam a bit too easy to live in. The most obvious change would be the removal of Fluffy. Before, you always had to be prepared to loot the Dam. Usually, it was one of the last places I looted in ML, when I had acquired a gun. Now, it's one of the first places I loot due to the abundance of resources. They also added a bed in one of the trailers. It used to be that having to use a bedroll was the biggest disadvantage to living in the Dam. Now, you can live in the trailer, using the Dam for crafting and fire, and hunt in the Ravine. I just feel that the Dam has been made too easy.

I think the Dam is the perfect opportunity for new players to get to know the game since it`s a very friendly place as is ML for a whole region. This of course means that advanced players will experience a lack of difficulty when using the dam as capital base. ML itself is designed for new players to not die in the first 24 hours because of the lack of ressources/shelter. I think, if you are really looking for a challenge then look no further than Forlorn Muskeg or Timberwolf Mountain. Those are maps designed for players who like to have a rougher start and gameplay. Mystery Lake is not meant to be a region to start or live for advanced players at all.

In the end, the level of difficulty for your run depends a lot on your playstyle itself. You will find it much harder surviving out in the open than just returning to your homestead every evening being safe in there. Try to make the game more difficult for yourself by adjusting your playstyle.

Neither of those regions posses much of a challenge for more seasoned players. I personally find Desolation point due to its small size and plenty of predators to be much more challenging.

But that was not the point I saw with this. Fluffy meant that people, attempting to loot the dam before being armed were risking serious setback from a fight with the wolf in enclosed spaces. Which added to the dynamic of the game.

Rather then Fluffy back in the dam, I would like to see some random encounters with wildlife in certain loot areas directly. Like, a wolf inside Hibernia plant, or in the plane on top of the summit. These wolves would be like Fuffy - a 1-time encounter, but it would make looting in general riskier, and give more rewarding feeling in return.

Rather then Fluffy back in the Dam, I would like to see fluffy be a guaranteed spawn in one of the several loot locations throughout the entire game. Maybe more than 1 with more difficult modes.

3 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Rather then Fluffy back in the Dam, I would like to see fluffy be a guaranteed spawn in one of the several loot locations throughout the entire game. Maybe more than 1 with more difficult modes.

Part of me thinks this is an awesome idea, and part of me is horrified.  Even after facing Fluffy several times to the point where she was more an obstacle than a threat, I'd still be nervous going in the dam, wondering if she hadn't spawned this game or was just biding her time.  And then that howl...

So, I think it would improve the game to add that suspense to more locations... but I hope they don't do it! :D

There is a bit of a challenge in the damn if the aura is on. You fry on the wires. Sure you can get around it if you know how new players do not.

As was posted ML is meant for newer players to learn and not experienced players. It is up to you to try different things and levels. Tired of ML try new maps, tired of pilgrim try stalker etc. The game has a lot to offer

2 hours ago, AZHockeyNut said:

There is a bit of a challenge in the damn if the aura is on. You fry on the wires. Sure you can get around it if you know how new players do not.

As was posted ML is meant for newer players to learn and not experienced players. It is up to you to try different things and levels. Tired of ML try new maps, tired of pilgrim try stalker etc. The game has a lot to offer

ML is easier to survive in, but it's not intended for new players directly. Most people will just stay there because it offers easy survival. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing - in many ways, the TLD throws new players into the blender - figure it out or die, and try it again... which is the way most people like it. ML should be made more difficult to survive in.

Besides, you can't really claim that because the mode is made to pander to newer players, there can´t be a wolf danger in what is quite possibly the richest location in the entire world... there should be risks to it. It would improve the game if the indoor areas were not as safe as they are right now. We all have been cheesing the game of being followed by the predators and running into the confines of our home.

Plenty of places could have wildlife in them, realistically. Certain caves, basements, plants and dams, the ripped-open skeleton of the Rikken, summit crash, gas station, ruined structures... canines are resourceful, they would get inside to most of these buildings if they were unoccupied, especially if they have holes in them that could be climbed through. The wolf cave in DP is super exciting place to explore, because you just can tell from the start of it that there is something living inside. Even if all the animals living in indoor areas were only spawned once-per-game, it would make the game much harder and more immersive, because the previous "safe" areas would not be so safe anymore. 

Can't say how many times I would just go through a cave without a light, because I knew the paths, to save up on fire starting materials and fuel. Put a wolf or two into the transition mine, and you can bet I will not cross a foot in there without a weapon and a torch to make the potential inhabitants halt in an attack. Put animals and pitfalls into the caves, and I can guarantee you no one will dare to cheese the caves anymore.

Yes, bring back fluffy and not just pitfalls, have them in random predetermined spots each game as well if thats possible. ;). 

I also like the possibility of wolves being inside some other structures but the summit of timberwolf is pretty much inaccessible to a wolf and players will usually be exhausted by the time they get to the top. 

Bear should be more of a threat and have a chance to be inside locations as well, maybe even break into them, like cars or mountaineers hut. 

5 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Bear should be more of a threat and have a chance to be inside locations as well, maybe even break into them, like cars or mountaineers hut.

While possible IRL, I think that would be going in a bit too far. First of all it makes bears more accessible - also, you could shoot the bear, get mauled, and then let it bleed out inside for very easy bear resources. Nah, no bears, wolves are enough. Wolves are not that valuable, and not that dangerous - so as a danger (instead of a full-blown calamity which the bear would pose in enclosed space) wolves seem a better idea.

5 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I also like the possibility of wolves being inside some other structures but the summit of timberwolf is pretty much inaccessible to a wolf and players will usually be exhausted by the time they get to the top.

It is not possible for people to "climb up" to the summit due to a steep terrain from the side of the aeroplane, but it's possible to go down. The animals climb steep terrains better (it seems) so it is accessible to get there.

Also, try sleeping on the summit without a fire in the cave. Eventually, animals will spawn and maul you. And you are right players are exhausted when they get to the plane - which is exactly why it adds such a challenge. Flares will likely be a very important resource to take with you if the wolves are there.

Archived