Siphoning gas

pigbull320

6 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

i believe that siphoning gas will come eventually, due to the fact that the devs make the fuel caps on cars interactive. but not to use in the storm lantern. thats a very very bad idea. dont try that at home.
but gas could be used for torches and fire accelerant

sounds like a plan :) plus those shiny looking batteries in the cars must be for something one day. maybe we can fire one of these puppies up and do a few donoughts lol :)

1 hour ago, nicko said:

I certainly wouldn't be putting petroleum in a lantern unless you intended on making a petrol bomb :)

Who says that I'm not? certainly makes bear hunting much easier.

But in all seriousness, that's why I suggest using it for torches/accelerant. Petrol burns far too quickly, and far too hot to put in a lantern. 

10 hours ago, pigbull320 said:

As the title suggests, siphoning gas for lantern fuel. It would also be better in my opinion if lantern fuel was rarer. This would make siphoning in the cold so you can see in houses/buildings harder and in more need.

I just read your post again, siphoning gas for lantern fuel. :) == a big boom your on fire!

great idea - that might make a nice hands of fire effect for the devs to play with. ah it burns!

1 hour ago, Tbone555 said:

i believe that siphoning gas will come eventually, due to the fact that the devs make the fuel caps on cars interactive. but not to use in the storm lantern. thats a very very bad idea. dont try that at home.
but gas could be used for torches and fire accelerant

I just had an idea. Speculation time!

Facts: Fuel caps are rendered and interactive. Car batteries are rendered but not interactive.

WHAT IF the cars actually run on diesel fuel, and we eventually find a generator to charge the batteries with in Story Mode?

Did you know that you don't need a piece of tubing to siphon fuel out of car's fuel tank?  (Not to mention that most cars now-a-days have an anti-siphoning device that prevents you from plunging your siphoning tube down into the fuel tank)

All you need is simple a sharp, pointy tool (e.g. screwdriver, chisel, nail) and a pan to collect the fuel once you scooch underneath the car and puncture a hole into the fuel tank.  Works every time and you don't have to carry around a bulky, flimsy, and otherwise useless piece of tubing around rather than a compact, multi-purpose tool.

41 minutes ago, Muk_Pile said:

Did you know that you don't need a piece of tubing to siphon fuel out of car's fuel tank?  (Not to mention that most cars now-a-days have an anti-siphoning device that prevents you from plunging your siphoning tube down into the fuel tank)

All you need is simple a sharp, pointy tool (e.g. screwdriver, chisel, nail) and a pan to collect the fuel once you scooch underneath the car and puncture a hole into the fuel tank.  Works every time and you don't have to carry around a bulky, flimsy, and otherwise useless piece of tubing around rather than a compact, multi-purpose tool.

It's interesting how you know this.
also, isn't a pan somewhat harder to hide than a length of tubing?

1 hour ago, EternityTide said:

It's interesting how you know this.
also, isn't a pan somewhat harder to hide than a length of tubing?

Yeah, I actually learned about this trick watching one of those "Surviving the Apocalypse" faux-documentary shows.

As for the pan, yes, it would be more difficult to store than a length of tubing. 

However, it would still possess far more utility: how do you think we were boiling water and cooking meat over an open camp fire?:silly:

14 minutes ago, Muk_Pile said:

Yeah, I actually learned about this trick watching one of those "Surviving the Apocalypse" faux-documentary shows.

As for the pan, yes, it would be more difficult to store than a length of tubing. 

However, it would still possess far more utility: how do you think we were boiling water and cooking meat over an open camp fire?:silly:

I wouldn't like to cook anything in a pan which previously contained petrol.

14 minutes ago, EternityTide said:

I wouldn't like to cook anything in a pan which previously contained petrol.

Obviously, you weren't in the Boy Scouts: my troop was famous for their Petroleum Pudding recipe!  :silly:

Apparently, some of our cooking fuel leaked into the pot that we were cooking-up dessert in; tasted real nasty, but fortunately, nobody got sick.

Still, once we got that pot washed-out and cleaned-up, we made stew in it the next day; it was bland, but at least it didn't taste like propane!  :crosseye:

It would be cool if you could find electric wool and if you carry around a car battery you can start like 20 fires instantly.

Also using a gut/intestine from an animal to siphon gas might be a pretty morbid way of getting accelerant, and make accelerant rarer.

Also I had no knowledge of petrol + lantern = boom. I'm 16 and don't get out much.

2 hours ago, EternityTide said:

I once tried some "vegan sausages". Most vile things I have ever tasted. It was something akin to diesel, mixed with petrol, with a dash of naphtha.

So... if they add vegan sausages to the game we could use them as fire starters? :silly:

Archived