Head Movement

Mikeyd0577

3 hours ago, Mikeyd0577 said:

This has been bugging me.  I think the character should be able to move his head left or right  a certain degree (45 or 90) without changing direction of movement or side stepping.  

What do u mean? Wouldn't that be a little awkward? You would have to turn so much before actually turning. 

5 hours ago, sir ice said:

What do u mean? Wouldn't that be a little awkward? You would have to turn so much before actually turning. 

no, in some games can you can turn your head only and look around a bit without moving your entire body by holding the ALT key.

yes I know what @Mikeyd0577 is referring too. It's used in many games so I don't see why it's not a feature in this game. Atm you if you turn to look you also go in the same direction, so you have to also shift your walking direction at same time left or right if you want to keep going forward. Bit hard at first but im slowly getting used to it. thought a hot key would be easier.

4 minutes ago, nicko said:

yes I know what @Mikeyd0577 is referring too. It's used in many games so I don't see why it's not a feature in this game. Atm you if you turn to look you also go in the same direction, so you have to also shift your walking direction at same time left or right if you want to keep going forward. Bit hard at first but im slowly getting used to it. thought a hot key would be easier.

I've gotten used to it, until a white out comes upon me and I loose my bearing to watch around me for wolves or bears.  I know it seems like such a little thing, but could be huge and easy to implement. 

2 minutes ago, Mikeyd0577 said:

I've gotten used to it, until a white out comes upon me and I loose my bearing to watch around me for wolves or bears.  I know it seems like such a little thing, but could be huge and easy to implement. 

I agree you would think so it be easy to implement if many other games have done it before!

58 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

How exactly it will differ from current system ?

You hold down a button. While you're holding down this button, moving your mouse/thumbstick will only rotate your head; your body will have the same orientation as before.

It's far from uncommon, and this game would benefit greatly from having it. No longer would you have to crab walk around wolves/bears; you could simply turn your head and watch them while sprinting forward, as you would in real life.

Yeah, I've found myself missing head turn/freelook.  I use it constantly in DayZ whilst moving through terrain, having to do the old work around of turning left/right and sidestepping to see whats either side of you is a little immersion breaking for me.

1 hour ago, continuity said:

Yeah, I've found myself missing head turn/freelook.  I use it constantly in DayZ whilst moving through terrain, having to do the old work around of turning left/right and sidestepping to see whats either side of you is a little immersion breaking for me.

Right, it's like our character's neck is paralyzed.

Archived