Add door locks

Rifleman

In a few months the developers are going to add NPC to the game and while some are friendly there will be some NPC that are dangerous 

so to keep NPC from entering your house add a lock to your personal house because the game will become way too hard if you can get attack in your own house 

However you don't have locks on the stalker difficulty

If players need to lock their doors it would mean that there are bandits trying to get you. I'm not sure this is what the game will be like. If there are certain hostile Npc's, I would hope they would be in the story mode and would have a specific reason to try to hurt you. The trailer for story mode looks as if there are 2 bandits of some sort, but if they were roaming the forest searching for the weak, I would most likely stop playing the game.

6 hours ago, sir ice said:

but if they were roaming the forest searching for the weak, I would most likely stop playing the game.

That's why we need locks So we don't get attacked in our house

but the stalker difficulty won't have locks

Lets just add already locked doors to some places.

It is quite irracional to have all lockers inside locked but the main door not.

Or even a baricades which can be destroyed from only one side and could serve as shortcuts(baricaded doors).

They would have to be broken by crowbar or something like a lockpick(and if you are cold you can quite easily destroy the lockpick and block the lock) i dont know but something.

13 hours ago, Rifleman said:

That's why we need locks So we don't get attacked in our house

but the stalker difficulty won't have locks

My point is that it would be an action game. The Isolation from communicating with people is the best part of the game. 

14 hours ago, Rifleman said:

This game is set in the Canada they already have locks that can withstand the cold

No i thought about you blocking the lock with the broken lockpick(when you are cold you start to loos control over your hands and small things become harder to manipulate) after which you would need to remove it (tool box) and this could take time or even jamm the lock itself and need to break down the doors themselwes (hatchet or heavy hammer).

5 hours ago, sir ice said:

My point is that it would be an action game. The Isolation from communicating with people is the best part of the game. 

I am totally with you - this game should not turn into an action game. However, I think that if NPCs are handled carefully the game would not turn into an action game when they are introduced. Firstly, NPCs should only occur very rarely - if we encounter them everywhere, the feeling of loneliness will be lost, and I think this feeling is an integral part of the game's atmosphere. Secondly, they should really be dangerous. So if we see them, it should really make us think whether or not we want to meet them. Thirdly, I find the thought fascinating that we could become hunted in this game. Part of all these post-apocalyptic games (and movies) is always the question: What do detrimental circumstances do to us, to our humanity? The thought of being hunted by fellow humans who maybe want to kill me is disturbing and at the same time exciting - a strange fiction that I would be interested to experience in a game (and yes, ONLY in a game). We have very little ammunition in this game, so we would either need to shake off those scoundrels (maybe lose them in a blizzard?). Or we would have to lay a trap and make every bullet count. Maybe walk in a circle and then hide in one of those hollow trees?

I'm with @sir ice too but unlike you @Hotzn, I'm one those who dislike the hunted.

I must agree that IRL, if an apocalyptic disaster occurs and people need to survive like in the game, odds are high that people who survive-well will end up being hunted. But I'm not sure it will fit the game ( or what some people expect ), it may change the atmosphere, and much more. At least if it occurs frequently, or without a reason.

However, if it's part of an event, I find it great (like you spotted 5 violent npcs, killed one of them and they saw you, you got yourself into this, but that's temporary, and not systematic).

However it's not the place to discuss about that :silly:

On 7/9/2016 at 7:50 AM, Rifleman said:

In a few months the developers are going to add NPC to the game and while some are friendly there will be some NPC that are dangerous 

so to keep NPC from entering your house add a lock to your personal house because the game will become way too hard if you can get attack in your own house 

However you don't have locks on the stalker difficulty

agree +1

6 hours ago, Hotzn said:

I am totally with you - this game should not turn into an action game. However, I think that if NPCs are handled carefully the game would not turn into an action game when they are introduced. Firstly, NPCs should only occur very rarely - if we encounter them everywhere, the feeling of loneliness will be lost, and I think this feeling is an integral part of the game's atmosphere. Secondly, they should really be dangerous. So if we see them, it should really make us think whether or not we want to meet them. Thirdly, I find the thought fascinating that we could become hunted in this game. Part of all these post-apocalyptic games (and movies) is always the question: What do detrimental circumstances do to us, to our humanity? The thought of being hunted by fellow humans who maybe want to kill me is disturbing and at the same time exciting - a strange fiction that I would be interested to experience in a game (and yes, ONLY in a game). We have very little ammunition in this game, so we would either need to shake off those scoundrels (maybe lose them in a blizzard?). Or we would have to lay a trap and make every bullet count. Maybe walk in a circle and then hide in one of those hollow trees?

I don't think Npc's will make the game into action either. I was saying that if we needed to lock doors it would prove that we are being hunted and there are many hostile npc's.

Archived