Add door locks

Rifleman

On 14 July 2016 at 1:04 PM, MarrowStone said:

Dont forget the bears breaking into your house...

Also, some doors should be frozen shut or require shovel to dig them out. Im a bit tired of the strategy of making a beeline to the nearest loot hut just because i can with little consequence.

Bears can't break into houses In this game

9 hours ago, cekivi said:

Interesting catch :)

I for one am still not a fan of hostile NPCs but having locked buildings (and needing to fix doors you break) would certainly add a new dynamic to scavenging.

I hope we get a developer responce so they can tell us How the NPC will behave in sandbox mode 

• 2 weeks later...

If they add NPC's they should be rare as all hell, like the bunkers, and they'd have to be smart, and act like the players would
For example they'd 

• go out and collect wood for fire
  • hunt and scavenge for food 
  • have their own safe house chosen at the start of the sandbox game
  • Be kill-able, either through starving, freezing, or injury -         so you could steal all their stockpiled food, or out hunt them, causing them to do something to remedy this. 
  • Able to become the players friend, perhaps help the player out, if the player can gain their trust. Or an enemy, depending on how the player approaches them. 

Though of course this kind of npc system is quite fleshed out and most likely going to require quite a lot of refining to get right, rather than feel like a skyrim style NPC that walks about all dodgy and sometimes says something. They need to feel as human as possible, or not be added in sandbox at all. 

Archived