This may be blasphemous . . .

. . . but I'm having too much fun playing in the Sandbox. With all the updates and the bugs and glitches, it's always a new adventure.

I'm at the point where I'm beginning to feel that I don't care if Story Mode never comes out.

Of course it will. But I'm no longer awaiting its arrival with bated breath.

In fact, I'm beginning to worry that Story Mode will ruin what I love about this game. The ability to start a new narrative in my head every time I start a new sandbox. The persistent sense of discovery combined with the familiarity of being back home in the old neighborhood. The sheer aloneness of the game environment. There's only my imagination and the wolves for company. 

I've played sandbox in other games, and never have I been so immersed in it that I didn't care about the absence of a story. In fact, I'm rather enjoying the relative freedom here, the sheer existentialism that leads to some rather deep philosophical mediations.

Good job, hinterland!

AA6f2e0.jpg.c3a1704a8a16f95be65607f3a5c9

you shouldnt worry about losing your sandbox experience - it's a HUGE part of this game and i seriously doubt hinterland will remove the sandbox once the full game is released. we'll still be able to start our own random survivors :D

with that in mind, im rather excited for story mode. but, not as much as i was when i first heard about it. its just been so long, and theres been two pushed-back release dates in my time here. so those facts alone kind of removed that "OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN ITS ALMOST HERE, I CANT WAIT FOR IT, ITS GONNA BE AMAZING!!!!!" attitude. i've gotten much more patient in my wait :P

HERESY! *BLAM*

Jokes aside, if they made the sandbox this much fun, what in the world has story mode going for us? Seriously, the sandbox was meant as tech demo - when the tech demo manages to top AAA titles in fun and replayability, the story mode is just bound to be awesome :D

1465388962636.jpg

hehe I feel the same, I love sandbox game play with all the latest updates, I personally would be happy too if they keep on developing the Sandbox, which I think they will be in the near future! == awesomeness!

Heh heh Thanks for all the replies, guys!

Yeah, I love the sandbox in this game soo much that I no longer mind the wait for Story Mode. 

I'm sure it's going to be awesome, I just don't think about it any more. Too much fun in Sandbox.

No other game has held my attention without some kind of story line this long. I think it's because in TLD there is so much opportunity for your own narrative, and as a storywriter, I love that aspect of it.

21 hours ago, cekivi said:

Not so much blasphemous; more of a general observation I'd say:winky:

What youre saying is bordering on heresy. Let me cleanse you *sprinkles some holy water on @cekivi*...wait...*sniffles*...ohh, cmon, who again pissed in the blessed fountain...*empties remainder of container on @cekivi*...its useless now...

11 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Sandbox isn't going anywhere. We certainly recognize what it has become over the last year and the unique ways that the community has chosen to engage with it. That being said, the team is hard at work to bring you Story Mode. Everyone is working to make it great as well. :)

I wish we knew more of the progress on story mode

3 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Sandbox isn't going anywhere. We certainly recognize what it has become over the last year and the unique ways that the community has chosen to engage with it. That being said, the team is hard at work to bring you Story Mode. Everyone is working to make it great as well. :)

Of course. I never doubted you, hinterland!

What I meant to say is that this is the first game where once I got into Sandbox, Story Mode's arrival just doesn't seem as essential for the enjoyment of the game. Not saying I'm not looking forward to it - I am. I just figure it'll come when it comes! Til then, I'll just keep playing Sandbox contentedly.

Archived