Woodboxes/Stacking

Boston123

So, the ability to place things now is nice, and has been for a while, but I must say:

Having piles of wood laying around my place of residence is ugly. If any of my Scouts did it, they would be the target of a stern look and an order to stack it up nice and neat.

Maybe, if we are dropping 3 or more pieces of firewood, could they be bundled? Or, could things be possibly stacked? As opposed to just thrown all over the floor?

• 1 month later...

I just have a sort of pile in a corner next to the stove where I stand and drop all the logs, though it'd be nice to have a sort of log holder that has the kind of inventory system other containers do, but only holds logs and firewood, and as you add more firewood it changes the model to reflect how many logs are in it. 

...Or you could just have a derpy pile next to the stove rather than that. Either way, stacking would be very nice, I can imagine the can towers now : D 

5 hours ago, Shyassasain said:

I just have a sort of pile in a corner next to the stove where I stand and drop all the logs, though it'd be nice to have a sort of log holder that has the kind of inventory system other containers do, but only holds logs and firewood, and as you add more firewood it changes the model to reflect how many logs are in it. 

...Or you could just have a derpy pile next to the stove rather than that. Either way, stacking would be very nice, I can imagine the can towers now : D 

welcome to forum ;)!!! shyassasain!!!

If Hinterland continues to expand the crafting options maybe they could add some storage options like those found in The Forest.

2014-09-21_00008.jpg

I keep coming back to The Forest because of it's deep crafting system and survival guide mechanic. I think TLD could benefit from some similar mechanics.

On 6/25/2016 at 10:52 PM, Boston123 said:

So, the ability to place things now is nice, and has been for a while,

Sorry, but I don't agree with that!

I never played the game before the item placement ability was introduced (but I did play my first couple of hundred hours without realising it existed!), so I accept that what we have is better than nothing. But the item placement is one of my pet hates about TLD. I use it. A lot. I like placing and moving my stuff around so that my shelter actually looks like someone lives there. But it's soooo bloody fiddly and annoying to use! It actually makes me physically angry, even thinking about it.

Stacking wood would would be great - but why don't we start by being able to put two piles of animal guts next to each other on a table in a neat row without having to pick them up at the exact correct angle and then side-step all over the room, just to get the positioning right? Or maybe I've missed an important aspect of the controls here?

2 hours ago, Pillock said:

........Stacking wood would would be great - but why don't we start by being able to put two piles of animal huts next to each other on a table in a neat row without having to pick them up at the exactly angle and then side-step all over the room, just to get the positioning right? Or maybe I've missed an important aspect of the controls here?

I agree, the current system is quite frustrating. It would really be nice if they could not have rotation correlated to player position. Perhaps when you had an item selected to move/place using A + D keys to rotate?? And of course allowing stacking of certain items. 

Archived