v.243 PV farmhouse loot reset glitch

Geturphil

I'm new to coastal highway map. I made my way to the coastal TOWN (collection of houses and store tightly packed) and proceeded to start looting. I stored my things in a house with 2 entrances. I left the house and came back with more loot. I entered the house from the side door, (went into front door first time), and found all my things to be missing and the house was reset. I exited the house and went to the front entrance and entered to find all my things exactly how I left them. I went back to the side door and the house was reset again, I looted it once more then exited and went to the front to find all my things still in place. I visited another house on the lakeside I had already looted and went through it's alternate door. Again, the building was reset and available for loot, while entering from the first door I had gone in to loot it initially showed the house to already be looted.

TL:DR You can double loot houses in coastal town by going in different doors. Each door is a new instance of the house.

• 2 months later...

Guess who's back? Double loot bug! On v.243 I loaded in another location and I went back to the farmhouse in PV entering from the closed porch, and my stuff wasn't there. The house was unlooted and new, so I went back out and I entered from the back door on the kitchen... phew! Everything was there! But yeah, double map again. Entering from the open porch door near the car led to my usual place with all my stuff, so on that house there are just two maps, one reachable from the two porches, and one reachable from the kitchen backdoor.

I thought you wanted to know.

Edit: the basement was unlooted as well. Luckily I didn't leave too much stuff down there.

Since the latest update, playing on a pre update saved game. My base for now is the farm house and I discovered that when I would enter the farm house from the closed in porch door, the whole house was reset, but if I went back outside and entered thru either of the other doors it was back to how it was pre update. The biggest problem is that the basement is reset and there is only one way in to it so all my materials I had stored there are gone. I haven't checked out any other locations, so I am not sure if other places are the same.

It's not a big deal to me that this happened because I'm only planning on staying alive a few more days to get the 200 day award and this saved game is so old that I still have the old clock. So a fresh game start is on the horizon for me. :lol: I have to say though, this is the first bug I've noticed with the few updates this save has been thru. I just want to tip my hat to all the hard work you guys put into this game. It really shows and you have a great game because of it. It's hard to believe that it is still only in Alpha.

Double loot bug!

With old version saves, the game function and plays, but not all data is compatible (a lot of settings, values, placeholders, and previous saved data no longer apply in the updates) - so the options become to either let the old-save generated bugs take place, or require a fresh start for some updates.

The dev team may consider fixing old compatibility save issues, but personally I'm hoping there won't be too many bugs to lose time fixing given that the same bugs aren't usually in the fresh game start (and some new bugs can be created trying to bandage old version bugs to work in the updates). ;)

In an alpha version, I'd rather see all their hard efforts going towards the beat and release version of the game, rather than losing bug repair time fixing issues which are only valid using the current run from that old save. :)

Once a player dies, then all the new settings and clean game data negate the majority of the old-save bugs and glitches. While I can understand "but I'm in the middle of a long run", the game is in alpha, and not meant to make updates from months ago [yes there are players still using saves from when the PV map was first added] fully playable... otherwise I should be able to request all compatibility bugs from my v.065 be fixed so that they work now. :?

Like I said, just a personal rant or expression - just saying while games work in updates, old saves use different data not necessarily used in the update, so a lot more bugs will happen. A fresh start will usually make it easier and more accurate for spotting current bugs (not related to previous save data).

With the Story Mode ahead this year, I'm more anxious for the devs to focus on the new contents, maps, story, and fixing current bugs rather than losing too much time with old saves. :D

With old version saves, the game function and plays, but not all data is compatible (a lot of settings, values, placeholders, and previous saved data no longer apply in the updates) - so the options become to either let the old-save generated bugs take place, or require a fresh start for some updates.

The dev team may consider fixing old compatibility save issues, but personally I'm hoping there won't be too many bugs to lose time fixing given that the same bugs aren't usually in the fresh game start (and some new bugs can be created trying to bandage old version bugs to work in the updates). ;)

In an alpha version, I'd rather see all their hard efforts going towards the beat and release version of the game, rather than losing bug repair time fixing issues which are only valid using the current run from that old save. :)

Once a player dies, then all the new settings and clean game data negate the majority of the old-save bugs and glitches. While I can understand "but I'm in the middle of a long run", the game is in alpha, and not meant to make updates from months ago [yes there are players still using saves from when the PV map was first added] fully playable... otherwise I should be able to request all compatibility bugs from my v.065 be fixed so that they work now. :?

Like I said, just a personal rant or expression - just saying while games work in updates, old saves use different data not necessarily used in the update, so a lot more bugs will happen. A fresh start will usually make it easier and more accurate for spotting current bugs (not related to previous save data).

With the Story Mode ahead this year, I'm more anxious for the devs to focus on the new contents, maps, story, and fixing current bugs rather than losing too much time with old saves. :D

+1 on this,my frend. ;)

+1.. I couldn't agree more Bill. I just wanted to let it be known that it happened, not that anything really needed to be done to fix it when we as players can fix it ourselves so easily by starting a fresh run when updates are released.

Once the game is finished it won't be an issue for sure.. Just one of the things you deal with in an alfa. Once the code settles down a bit it will be a rare thing. Funny, that we are still in alfa and it looks and plays so good already. I can't wait to see what the next year brings. :shock:

Same thing happening to me,, killed a bear, the cooked meat keeps moving from the fridge and freezer to the cabinet to the right from the bottom of the stairs. The hide and guts sometime disappear all together

I am not sure if it is door related, I will be playing some today, if it is not door related I will report back in this thread.

Playing a save started from before the update yesterday..

Update

Yes it is door related

[...]

This bug showed its face a few times now and I'm not sure if only old saves were affected. I'll start another run and check on PV farmstead, if it's a pre-update-save-only problem it's no big deal (hey, more loot for me! I'm not complaining for my second sewing kit xD).

Better check tho, having a double map/double loot house on a new run would definitely be a bug. Could be nice to check on CH as well, I remember that many were complaining about the double interior map problem on coastal townsite (and so far it's the first time I see it on PV).

I was not using the barn as my base, but I stopped inside on my way to the mine this morning and found it had all new loot. In addition, the loot was different, and in different places from the first time I looted it. I looted this building around day 2 on this particular session, and I'm at about day 30 now, so there should not have been anything there.

I certainly hope they can "hotfix" this,,

Its harder than Chinese arithmetic to remember which door to go through to get to what item you have stored in the PV Farmhouse, 50 something days in with practically all of ML and CH loot stored at the dam. Heading back to the dam and on to ML till the devs can sort this out

I experienced a very annoying thing today:

I returned from a long trip to my sweet cozy home in PV. Everything was in it´s place. Then I went to the basement to craft a wolf coat. When i came back up, the Mansion had completely resetted, all of the containers were unsearched again and all of my stuff was gone! I lost food that could have brought me through weeks, all my precious dried saplings and furs and 5 litres of Petroleum! That´s not fair! I hoped that all of the other buildings had resetted but this was not the case. Now i´m pretty low on resources and will not last as long as i could have..... :evil:

anyone had this bug before?

Guest mcopeman

This bug is known and being worked on. This isn't a fix but a work around: try going through the different doors in the farmhouse. One of the doors should lead to your items.

Melody~

Hi - Long time fan, first time bug report ;)

After the most recent patch to v.243, I noticed that when I entered PV Farmstead (I had saved my last game outside), all of the items I had left on the floor were gone and the interior was "reset" to "unexplored".

Since I know this is alpha, I simply assumed that the patch reset building interiors.

Then I exited the farmstead and re-entered via a different door and all of the items from pre-patch were there where I had left them on the floor.

I tested this and found that, depending on which door I used to enter the farmstead, one of 2 different interior states would load. The front door loaded my pre-patch inventory-laden interior; the kitchen door would load the post-patch "unexplored" interior.

Just an FYI ... love the new wolf model.

Hi - Long time fan, first time bug report ;)

After the most recent patch to v.243, I noticed that when I entered PV Farmstead (I had saved my last game outside), all of the items I had left on the floor were gone and the interior was "reset" to "unexplored".

Since I know this is alpha, I simply assumed that the patch reset building interiors.

Then I exited the farmstead and re-entered via a different door and all of the items from pre-patch were there where I had left them on the floor.

I tested this and found that, depending on which door I used to enter the farmstead, one of 2 different interior states would load. The front door loaded my pre-patch inventory-laden interior; the kitchen door would load the post-patch "unexplored" interior.

Just an FYI ... love the new wolf model.

Confirmed that.I had also reset interior of Farmstead in PV.When I exit and reenter trough kitchen doors,I got reset interiors,and when I exit and reenter front doors,I had loaded interior from old save.

So I entered again from kitchen doors,looted house and exit and reenter from front door.I put looted items with my old save stored.After I enter house again from kitchen door,interiors appeared looted,but without items stored.Which takes to conclusion that,if you want to keep house stored items,enter from front doors.

Guest mcopeman

We will be releasing a fix for the farm house soon! This means whatever items you had in the farm house or basement will be there again. IMPORTANT: If you have any items in the basement or the new farm house interior I would recommend moving it or those items will be lost!

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Melody~

IMPORTANT: If you have any items in the basement or the new farm house interior I would recommend moving it or those items will be lost!

Could you clarify this please; do we need to move items stored inside the PV farmhouse before the next patch?

Was that sentence meant to read "If you have any items in the basement of the new farm house interior" ?

I use the PV farmhouse as a base, and would hate to lose my loot...

IMPORTANT: If you have any items in the basement or the new farm house interior I would recommend moving it or those items will be lost!

Could you clarify this please; do we need to move items stored inside the PV farmhouse before the next patch?

Was that sentence meant to read "If you have any items in the basement of the new farm house interior" ?

I use the PV farmhouse as a base, and would hate to lose my loot...

I would say it is meant: If you have any items stored in basement of Farmhouse AND if you have not looted Farmhouse AFTER patch v243,or stored items,which you looted in glitched building,then you have to move them.All old save items will be saved,just those from glitched interior wont.And those items from basement of Farmhouse will dissapear after fix of this glitch.

This is at least how I understood that notice from mc_copeman.I hope he will confirm either explain better. :)

Archived