It's been quiet.

Vortex

Everyone is posting about the release date what about what we can expect ?

Snow. Lots and lots of snow. And ice! :P

But seriously, I have no idea other than story mode and possibly the addition of NPC's to the sandbox.

I hope they release before December 19 as that will be the start of my 2 weeks off. I hope to be playing TLD a lot in those weeks :D

Thats one thing I'm not thrilled about this dev team. I get wanting to keep whats coming a secret. I also get that if you ballpark things and programming issues arise some people may not be so understanding about delays, but I think an eta would be nice. I just finished a nice run, should i start another or wait? Even if they went very generic with "we are hoping for 2nd half of dec" i wouldnt mind if it got pushed to some issue , i get those things happen, but i'd like to be able to plan a bit

Thats one thing I'm not thrilled about this dev team. I get wanting to keep whats coming a secret. I also get that if you ballpark things and programming issues arise some people may not be so understanding about delays, but I think an eta would be nice. I just finished a nice run, should i start another or wait? Even if they went very generic with "we are hoping for 2nd half of dec" i wouldnt mind if it got pushed to some issue , i get those things happen, but i'd like to be able to plan a bit

Cmon' that is not fair, this game has come a long way since it's initial release, they have added many regions tweaked so many things made it feel natural. This game is art, it's not your standard zombie survival shooter and art well takes time that's all I am almost sad that they will almost finish it since then there will be no more updates :(

I suggest you start stalker mode explore a lot you will be killed in no time :) then the update will be ready and you can start again cheers :)

whats not fair? My comment had nothing to do with the game itself. It was about how the devs release info on upcoming updates, patches etc. I had nothing to do with they type of game it was or the quality so I'm not sure where your response is coming from.

I was trying to make the point that they are invested, in this project they might not respond a lot but they are reading everything we say here well that and as I said this is not a commercial game it's a new wave so they can not say for sure this is going to be our update and it will have that and that since they might scrap it and think of something new and that's why I love this project very much always changes lot of like game of thrones this one, I was not suggesting that you criticize the game.

well sorry, but i have to still disagree with you.

1. They sell the game on steam so its commercial. Even if it is Alpha stage

2. Again, the type of product they have has nothing to do with developer communication. I follow a lot of other Alpha games and there are those out there who do a much better job at communicating with the communities on what is going on. Ball park on releases, discussing hopeful future additions, etc.

2. Again, the type of product they have has nothing to do with developer communication. I follow a lot of other Alpha games and there are those out there who do a much better job at communicating with the communities on what is going on. Ball park on releases, discussing hopeful future additions, etc.

Sorry to see you feel that way, especially considering I've responded to two of your posts and answered a couple of your questions directly in the last few days. We have never announced a set date or detailed additions for our updates ahead of time, but we have always communicated when big changes are in the works, or when we're adding something that we think could affect your save. Unless this type of communication is made, it is safe to assume that you can start a new run and continue into a new update without having to worry about losing your save - So that addresses one issue you pointed out in a previous post.

We've been asked several times about the next update, and have answered fairly consistently to say that we don't have a set date, but that we'll have more information in the near future, and that we will have an update this month. The team is hard at work (in fact, most worked well into the early hours of this morning and are continuing work as I type this) to ensure that you get a solid and stable build in the next update. I'm sorry you don't feel that the communication is consistent or detailed enough for you, but we are sharing all we are able to share, and I appreciate that the majority of the community is supportive in this respect.

To everyone else: All will soon be revealed. We appreciate your patience, and we're really looking forward to sharing the next update with you. We think/hope you're going to like what you see.

Its not so much general communication. I will admit you answer post quite often and thats really helpful. My post is about is just about general progress of the game. Whats being worked on , whats being released, etc.

For example, another game I follow, the devs will post some of the projects their working on, UI, sounds, graphics , adding this or that. Just to give the community a sense of involvement in the project.

It wasnt meant to be a criticism on you , but just some feedback on how your team may want to consider handling things in the future. I do understand you are sharing all you can share, I guess thats my point, it would be nice if the team shared some more, while still holding to the surprises.

Yea well they are not Firaxis, but that's not a bad thing Donald Trump communicates with the public all the time people still like Obama more hoho little joke here ;) I am not political, American politics does not concern me or anyone Else's for that matter :) I'm sure the devs will respond to this eventually, also I don't mind more interaction they haven't responded to my topics but that's ok as long as they read some I'll be honored if I inspired some ideas but if not that's ok too I just love playing this game, even when I die from wolf bites :)))) I'm not saying you are 100% wrong mate but yea I got a lot of help from the community here when starting the game people are somewhat invested they like to help you get started, I guess I could compare this game like advent calendar you should open it when it's time and don't know what to expect.

Yea well they are not Firaxis, but that's not a bad thing Donald Trump communicates with the public all the time people still like Obama more hoho little joke here ;) I am not political, American politics does not concern me or anyone Else's for that matter :) I'm sure the devs will respond to this eventually, also I don't mind more interaction they haven't responded to my topics but that's ok as long as they read some I'll be honored if I inspired some ideas but if not that's ok too I just love playing this game, even when I die from wolf bites :)))) I'm not saying you are 100% wrong mate but yea I got a lot of help from the community here when starting the game people are somewhat invested they like to help you get started, I guess I could compare this game like advent calendar you should open it when it's time and don't know what to expect.

fair enough. just a difference in opinion. I do appreciate a civil conversation about it, and you make some good points.

We've been asked several times about the next update, and have answered fairly consistently to say that we don't have a set date, but that we'll have more information in the near future, and that we will have an update this month. The team is hard at work (in fact, most worked well into the early hours of this morning and are continuing work as I type this) to ensure that you get a solid and stable build in the next update. I'm sorry you don't feel that the communication is consistent or detailed enough for you, but we are sharing all we are able to share, and I appreciate that the majority of the community is supportive in this respect.

To everyone else: All will soon be revealed. We appreciate your patience, and we're really looking forward to sharing the next update with you. We think/hope you're going to like what you see.

Bethany, thank you, as always - myself and many of the other TLD Fans appreciate the hard work that Hinterland have put in, and still *are* putting into this masterpiece.

Personally, I disagree with some of the comments here that you do not communicate with the fanbase. Every thread I've put down asking a query has been answered directly, beyond my satisfaction. I also see it regularly in other peoples threads.

I look forward to the next build - and Merry Christmas. :D

Some devs are very transparent about their work. Sometimes that is as much a method of self motivation (setting expectations) as it is a way of keeping the fan base informed. TLD is a game of exploration and discovery. I can understand the mentality of wanting to deliver content with as few spoilers as possible.

I say start a run and abandon it when the update lands. No harm in it.

Bethany, thank you, as always - myself and many of the other TLD Fans appreciate the hard work that Hinterland have put in, and still *are* putting into this masterpiece.

Personally, I disagree with some of the comments here that you do not communicate with the fanbase. Every thread I've put down asking a query has been answered directly, beyond my satisfaction. I also see it regularly in other peoples threads.

I look forward to the next build - and Merry Christmas. :D

I just wanted to second this. To Bethany, and the staff of Hinterland, you're doing a great job communicating with the community. I sincerely appreciate your efforts in this regard and your efforts toward building this great game.

Looking forward to more and Merry Christmas.

p.s. Don't work so hard that you ruin your holidays!

Its not so much general communication. I will admit you answer post quite often and thats really helpful. My post is about is just about general progress of the game. Whats being worked on , whats being released, etc.

For example, another game I follow, the devs will post some of the projects their working on, UI, sounds, graphics , adding this or that. Just to give the community a sense of involvement in the project.

Hinterland has made a conscious choice to not detail what they are working on/ plan to work on to the public because it would spoil the experience of us finding things out ourselves. TLD is very much about exploration, discovery and trial and error. If you know everything before you even start playing much of what makes TLD TLD disappears.

I nearly crapped myself the first time I ran into fluffy in the Dam. So did many others who had no idea Hinterland had added Fluffy because they kept that a secret. Never again will I experience that first time when I heard the growling behind me and the horror when I turned around and saw fluffy coming around the corner of the control room.

At first I wanted to know more about what was being worked on etc but for a long time now I have been a firm believer that it's better to not know what's coming. It will spoil the surprise!

For other games this may be very different. I can imagine it doesn't change your experience much if you know about new items/ maps/ mechanics etc if the game is an straightforward game like a FPS.

Hinterland has made a conscious choice to not detail what they are working on/ plan to work on to the public because it would spoil the experience of us finding things out ourselves. TLD is very much about exploration, discovery and trial and error. If you know everything before you even start playing much of what makes TLD TLD disappears.

I nearly crapped myself the first time I ran into fluffy in the Dam. So did many others who had no idea Hinterland had added Fluffy because they kept that a secret. Never again will I experience that first time when I heard the growling behind me and the horror when I turned around and saw fluffy coming around the corner of the control room.

At first I wanted to know more about what was being worked on etc but for a long time now I have been a firm believer that it's better to not know what's coming. It will spoil the surprise!

For other games this may be very different. I can imagine it doesn't change your experience much if you know about new items/ maps/ mechanics etc if the game is an straightforward game like a FPS.

First off. Thank you for your respectful feedback, and you do have a great point on that.

again, i wasnt hoping for knowing exactly what was being added features etc, but just something like "bob is working on the UI, Joe is working on some new features and they are coming along, we are shooting for end of December for the release" Similar to the update we got when this last one was delayed a bit.

But I will concede, its become apparent to me that 1. this is not what anyone else would like and 2. from most of the responses it seems i've offended the community by questioning the process or asking for something different.

Again, I appreciate you mature feedback on this.

Archived