DP base

Amazombie

I personally like the Lighthouse myself because of the currently usable storage. Everything has a place and it is definitely neat and clean. I can keep a drawer for my hunting go-kit and one for my exploration go-kit. The central location makes it easy to navigate, even if you get stuck out in inclement weather. You just follow the road and follow the path back.

Light House:

1) due to location. basically a center. Can go towards the mine to crumbling highway to pick up bunch of sticks, and overall wood. in addition, plenty of food... 3 wolfs and a deer near by, plus a rabbit. Also its actually easy to get in and out without having to deal with wolves... there is a spot where you can climb up and end up at the start of the 2nd bridge, the one closest to the lighthouse door.

2) has bunch of lockers, ok bed, and views from up top. and has base temp of -1c.

The trailers in the Hibernia Plant can be cleaned up but lack adequate storage and stoves.

There is a stove inside the plant however it's tedious to get to. There is also a crafting table here.

The ship (what's the name again?) is a possible base too. It has bed, fire and forge. There is limited storage IIRC but no workbench. It is unfortunately far from food sources and wood sources so that makes it only good for temporary. You definitely want to lay in supplies here making multiple trips. You'll want plenty of cord wood as the reclaimed wood there is very limited.

I've tried both the lighthouse and the Riken so far. The Riken has a daily deer spawn in front of your doorstep as well as an (imo) slightly better location... but on the other hand it's of course much darker and not homely at all. In order to go upstairs (or to reach the stove) you need to cross a completely lightless part of the ship.. in other words, you should better either have a good sense of orientation or a lot of matches/lantern fuel.^^

I guess it depends on what you want your base to be which of them is better for you personally. If you're looking for nothing but a place to sleep with a stove in a good location, choose the Riken. If you want a cosy little nest, choose the lighthouse.

I for one will stick with the Riken for now. An abandonned shipwreck just suits the map's name better than a pretty lighthouse. ;)

I am based in the Riken too for reasons I described in another similar thread already: it's very central and wolf free, you can safely go in and out without scouting for wolves. The workbench is quite near in HP and it has the added benefit of a home delivery service in shape of a bear, it patrols from the car accident (Max's? don't remember) towards HP. Shoot it once so it starts charging at you, run into the Riken and shoot it from the ships deck, Captain Ahab-style :D

But yes storage is quite limited with only 40KG IIRC and the darkness sucks a bit, but finally I found some use for the 70 or so matches I'm carrying with me (have hundreds stored in containers so yeah, I know what I'm doing ;))

So far I have been based in Hibernia Processing. It has tons of storage, a work bench, decent beds, and fire barrel. There are also plenty of resources to break down in a pinch. It's a bit tough to navigate in the dark but I have managed. I have taken to using torches quite a bit and try to plan around darkness. Getting in and out isn't too bad but you definitely have to be on the lookout for wolves and ready to act quickly. But that actually adds to the thrill of going to to gather resources, etc.

The Riken does have an amazing location as well. I just personally found it too dark for my tastes. There's just not enough ambient light I tell ya! But it does make for a great temporary crashpad after a day of deer hunting at the little island. I think I managed 4 in one day which helped me clear out the trailers of all available resources, found and cannibalized.

I do have to agree with Scyzara on the point that it fits the ambiance of the place as well. With torches/matches/lanterns for those dark spots and activity during outdoor storms, it makes an excellent place to call home if you're not sold on the lighthouse.

Riken as people mentioned has good location, but it also has depressing interior. Its bed +3, and in sleeping room -1c. It dark during day, probably hard or impossible to navigate at night without light source.

Hibernation factory can be navigated at night without light source... its light enough by itself. +3 and +5 beds. -1c temperature. Getting out and in is not bad... but probably the worst out of these 3 locations.

Light house i mentioned before in my post its "goods" and "bads". Honestly, to me personally hands down #1 spot in the DP. Also in case of not having matches and other starting fire tools, but having magny lens, the top of lighthouse is a nice location to start fire, due to safety from winds, and then carry torch inside.

This little trick that makes in and out easy.... (p.s SAFE PATH, not Save lol) Sorry, non native English speaker :)

screen_684_17_826_c6f8aca1_81b0_47e2_baa6_0b.png

Archived