Add THERMOS inventory item

SonoftheThrone

Please add a THERMOS to the available game inventory items. Why?

A thermos item would house beverages (in this case to keep them hot). This is needed because once a hot beverage such as tea and/or coffee is brewed, it must be consumed immediately in its hot state. However, if a thermos were available, the hot beverage could be transferred to said thermos. This would then keep the beverage hot for a determined amount of time, a few in-game hours to say the least.

Why is this practical? Hot beverages have the benefit of keeping the COLD meter down for quite some time, even outdoors. So, having the benefit of traveling w/ a hot beverage, that remains hot for longer than a few minutes is ideal, useful, practical and realistic.

If one is caught outdoors w/o shelter, a hot cup of tea/coffee would effectively heat up their body temperature. Before trekking in the game wilderness, I consume a hot beverage. I've attempted to carry one in tow, yet I find my only option is to start a small fire, heat up a hot beverage and then go. Not only do I often find myself creating a fire ONLY w/ the intent to brew a hot beverage, but it is both time consuming, resource consuming, daylight consuming, and at higher difficulty levels---required all too often.

Note: I have tried the given difficulties, and I prefer PILGRIM so-to enjoy the exploration of the game.

Please consider adding a thermos item to the available items within the game's inventory; thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

SonoftheThrone

Yes Maninpants, Soup would be awesome. I would even like to go as far as say I would love to make a stew out of the meat I have with some cattail stalks.

This is how I reckon they could implement a Well Being/Mental State bar/stat. After eating boring stuff for weeks on end, imagine what a lovely hearty warming homely cooked stew would do for ones state of mind! (Imagine rabbit and elk meat stew with carrots (rare) and spuds (rare) and garlic and rosemary (legendary!)etc!).... If our guy/girl is healthy and happy I reckon they could notice "hidden" items and/or gain better value out of the items they had (hatchet would last longer etc etc)

But yes getting back to the main point the idea of the Thermos IS life changing. One playthrough (and many others) led me to explore the land behind the main farm in Pleasant Valley.... if I had some hot coffee to keep the cold at bay as well as my fatigue... I would've made it back. Instead, I died in the field next to one of my snares... so close

no, I'm sorry. maybe if the thermos is a container that keeps the liquid warm for 2 hours it would be okay, but its too easy. it would make the whole point of tea and coffee suck

If it were limited to 1 cup that kept hot for a couple of hours? That wouldn't be giving us to much of an edge.

1PC-Stainless-Steel-12V-Car-Auto-Adapter-Heated-font-b-Travel-b-font-Mug-font-b.jpg

On a side note I've always thought that drinking freezing cold sodas etc should decrease our temperatures. In fact these 2 suggestions may effectly balance each other out

no, I'm sorry. maybe if the thermos is a container that keeps the liquid warm for 2 hours it would be okay, but its too easy. it would make the whole point of tea and coffee suck. 1-

A day has 24 hours. If YOU were stuck out in a blizzard w/ a thermos full of hot coffee, hot tea, or hot water would you "really" say that having one sucked (because it took all of the joy out of having to build a fire to brew one every 10 minutes in -0 weather? 10 minutes in a blizzard could kill a lesser man.

All it takes is to NOT play the game "like a game". I do it in all of my games (thanks to an old Xbox game: Full Spectrum Warrior).

Just because you are playing a game DOESN'T mean you have to label it as such while playing it. In real life, that thermos would save a life....frosty buns 'n all.

You complain because of the gamer side. If you look at a thermos from your avatar's in-game perspective instead....it's a God-send! :)

"Look what we have here!" 8-)

Are you certain the hot beverage affects your coldness? it says it does however with careful checking the status before and after, I can't see a noticeable difference. I should think that if you have a hot beverage it should restore at least 50% of the maximum coldness. The best I have found is build a fire outdoors, then hop into the bivvy sack for an hour. If the fire goes out, you awaken anyway and usually half an hour or so is enough to restore full warmth and even a bit of condition. The only hassle is the dang wind which in the game is unrealistic and completely changes direction about twice an hour.

Archived