trouble struggling

Posted (edited)

Context:  

On 2/3/2023 at 8:10 PM, ManicManiac said:

It's been a while since I've posted on this sort of topic... but I think it bears repeating.  First, a little background:

Over the years, there have been lots of folks who have discussed issues with wildlife struggles.  Specifically, I mean those describing that no matter how much they click those mouse buttons the struggle meter just doesn't build up and they end up consistently losing those struggles.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
The short version is: on PC if the FPS is too low... the clicks of the mouse are essentially lagged and don't seem to "register" the input... and the faster I would click the worse it would get.  Once I was able to get my frame rate up, the issue with struggles disappeared. 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

If spam clicking is a problem, you can use the Accessibility option to Click & Hold for struggles.  You hold the mouse button or controller button down instead of rapidly clicking, and the game will click for you. You may take a little more damage or the struggle may last a slight bit longer, but it isn't much. 

Options  > Accessibility >Struggle Input Type > Press & Hold20190501154406_1.thumb.jpg.b66a329aecf01105c93771b473dd2088.jpg

• Upvote 4

The struggle is not best spammed, but instead clicking at a rapid BUT STEADY rate. Consistency in clicking speed seems important for getting the struggles over with quickly. I could be wrong about this but it certainly seems to matter in my experience.

• Upvote 4